Johan Goosen Mk 2?

Discussion in 'Super Rugby' started by mdaclarke, Feb 24, 2019.

1. mdaclarke

mdaclarke Senior Member

Country Flag:

Wales

Club or Nation:

Wales

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Bruce_ma_goose

Bruce_ma_goose Senior Member

Country Flag:

Scotland

Club or Nation:

Italy

Haha. It's got to be. Paraphrasing:

"It was always the plan to quit playing rugby in my physical prime and key money making years to go and work on the family farm"

Does that ring true to anyone? Players should be made to read these statements out on camera so we can judge their acting abilities and see if they can say it without bursting into tears of laughter.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TRF_heineken

TRF_heineken RIP #J9

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

South Africa

To be fair to Piet van Zyl, he was involved in his parents farm while he was playing for the Cheetahs, and he even studied BSC Agriculture at the university, so it was always in his plans to eventually return to the farm full time.

But with that said, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes some time off, and then return to playing rugby, as he does have a few good years left in him.

I just think we shouldn't jump to conclusions too early, maybe there is something else that might also be an issue but doesn't want to give too much info. Especially since it could be used against him and his family. And this might sound harsh, but with the farm murders in SA, if there are any signs of frailty at a farm, it will be exploited.

• Like Like x 1
Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!