• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jonah Lomu

I agree with merit. Lomu in his prime was spectacular. Its scary to think what kind of a player he would have been had he been completely healthy for his whole career.

In my opinion, Lomu changed the whole thought process behind players, revolutionised the training and preparation, and raised the nechmark so that the average back in 100+ kilos these days.

An 120kg man who can run that fast is a freak of nature, and a wonderful thing to happen to our great game.

This is one of the best ads i ever saw, and deffo the best of this adidas series...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rTttFOWJV4

An 120kg man who can run that fast is a freak of nature, and a wonderful thing to happen to our great game.
[/b]

I can´t understand how can this guy run this way

and more, how can he run so fast with 3 guys on his back ????

well done jonah you're great

i agree! and with that kidney disorder too, as quoted by somewhere (i forgot) he never played at 100% coz of his kidneys lol how devastating

in that adidas advert on youtube, does he say 6 months a week?

jonah was awesome too bad he wasn't the same when he made his comeback would have loved to see him make the abs again.

we all did but realistically against rocks, sivivatu, howlett and gear, there was huge competition!!

Jonah was recently inducted in Rugby's International Hall of Fame... top stuff bro

nobody will ever be compared to Lomu in his prime - like at the 95 World Cup. Pity his health didn't enable him to play for many years

When he came to international notice he was way ahead of his time, big powerful players with an impressive turn of speed were unheard of, it's changed a bit now but even today I reckon you'f be hard put to find a player to touch him in his prime

no doubt if he played a full career he would have became the best winger in the world, just a pity he couldn't score a try against south africa... :p

I was unfortunate as I can only really remember Lomu towards the end of his prime before he fell ill.

But Im glad I saw of him what I did, because that man is a legend. Played every position I think bar 9,10 and 15 on his way from Prop to Wing!

Such a shame that he fell ill, otherwise I think he would have been the greatest player of all time.

Talking of the legend... I am looking for a VHS/DVD of England-All Blacks semifinal of the 1995 world cup, arguably one of Lomu's best games. If anyone can help with some info on where to find it, please PM me. ta

Latest posts