• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jones to return for Great Britain test

W

woosaah

Jones to return for Great Britain test
09 May 2006 

Kiwis league coach Brian McClennan is expecting to welcome back Stacey Jones for next month's test against Great Britain while Thomas Leuluai is almost certain to be ruled out.

McClennan told NewstalkZB the veteran halfback was expected to return soon from a broken arm for his Catalans Dragons club in the British Super League.

He was confident Jones would be available for the June 27 test in St Helens, bringing a wealth of experience and providing a boost to the team's kicking game.

Jones had a metal rod inserted into his broken arm on February 20 and was given an initial stand-down period of six to eight weeks, but is yet to return to the field for his struggling club.

The news was worse for halfback Leuluai who left the field with a hamstring injury during the 12-50 loss to the Kangaroos in Brisbane on Friday.

It has been diagnosed as a torn hamstring, meaning six to eight weeks on the sidelines.

"It's a pretty bad injury," Leuluai's Harlequins coach Tony Rea told the BBC website.

The Kiwis team for next month's test will almost entirely be made up of British-based players, with McClennan thinking it unlikely any National Rugby League players would be available.
[/b]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3662592a1823,00.html

stacey jones and benji marshall?...

oh my....a whole lotta side stepping gon take place when they connect on offence

I don't know why Wally, but there is, and it's being played on my doorstep...

Woohoo soo good to see him back in black :bravo:

I cant wait for this test..all these uk based players..its just great :D

Latest posts