• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jones v Hook

He should be the starting 10 at the Ospreys at present. He will progress to be a better player than Hook. Fact.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 31 2008, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He should be the starting 10 at the Ospreys at present. He will progress to be a better player than Hook. Fact.[/b]
That wouldn't exactly take much, would it? :p

Hook is a quality player, not as good as Nick Robinson at the moment I have to admit; but when your in the millenium stadium and hook dives over the tryline in a welsh jersey, you have submit and say hes a good player, lots of flair

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lukascd @ Oct 31 2008, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hook is a quality player, not as good as Nick Robinson at the moment I have to admit; but when your in the millenium stadium and hook dives over the tryline in a welsh jersey, you have submit and say hes a good player, lots of flair[/b]
Nicky Robinson is playing very well at the moment, no idea why him or his brother have been left out of the Welsh squad for Andrew Bishop(!!!!). But Hook is a class act, he's just not firing for some reason right now. When both Robinson and Hook are on top form, there is no comparison between the two.
Speedy 'Am I a Turk, am I a Manc?', shut it! ;) :p

Not sure I'd trust Nicky Robinson with the Welsh 10 at the moment. He's playing some amazing stuff, but he's done that before then played like utter crap for Wales, v Fiji a couple of times. As Gatland has said, he needs to prove his consistently, if he can do that from now till the 6 nations, he'll be there or there abouts and would expect him to get into the squad.

As for his brother Jamie, I've no idea why he's not there ahead of Andrew Bishop. He doesn't suffer from the cronic inconsistency his brother does. He's always played well for Wales when given the chance, and this season has shown, when playing outside a quality 12 lke Roberts he's lethal. No compensation for speed, which he has in spades! Give him the room (would love to see him play outside Henson) and he'll finish it off, i.e. v France in 06 or 07.

Biggar is a quality prospect with even more talent than Hook imo. He's a more direct player, who can command the backline with more authority already that Hook. He's played solidly behind a poor O's pack so far this season, doing nothing special, but getting on with what needs doing. He's transitioned into regional rugby with ease and expect the same transition into international. He was another of the stars of the under 20 team, first playing for them at the age of 17! Expect to see him play v Canada, probably from the bench.

Robinson hasn't been kicking for Cardiff anyway so I'm not sure he'll get the number 10 shirt, if hook played center though...

possibilities. Dont know why jamie wasn't picked and shanklin was, its bizarre (shanklin runs sideways and gets tackled, sorta like henson at the end of the ospreys last match)

I'm looking forward to Wales v South Africa and Canada (have tickets for both! Woooo!). Once Wales start playing the regions can all go to hell in my opinion (though i would like to see the blues lift the Heineken cup). The six nations will always be the best annual competition. Should be interesting to see how halfpenny, biggar and andy powell fill in; but Wales wouldn't be the same at the moment without the jones:hook rivalry. We need them both

Latest posts