• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Juan Martin Hernandez...

Those up and unders against France were pure class. Contepomi couldn't have done that - he would have run the ball, the stupid fool.

Contepomi also played a great match (obviusly on the second half, nobody did in the first one), and he had a couple of good runs and breakthroughs. Juan Hernandez is a great player, but some of you are overestimating him, you cant say hes the best player on the wolrd because he simply isnt, but you can say he is one of the best player in the argentinian rugby history and one of the most talented players of the tournament.

Now its clear that he is one of the best players of the RWC. It was amazing when all the argentinian fans sang Maradooo!! Maradoo!! . Its true, he is in our country the Maradona of rugby.

fantastic player I see Argentina - Ireland and he makes many drop with left and right foot

I notice that the other SH fans have kept largely quiet over this.

Is this out of respect for a new up and coming top ten nation or is this because they've seen so little of Hernandez that they don't know whether to use the usual tactic of dismiss the player and any of his fans out of hand as insane or whether to call him really lucky.

Maybe if Argentina have a good game against New Zealand we'll see.

I notice that the other SH fans have kept largely quiet over this.

Is this out of respect for a new up and coming top ten nation or is this because they've seen so little of Hernandez that they don't know whether to use the usual tactic of dismiss the player and any of his fans out of hand as insane or whether to call him really lucky.

Maybe if Argentina have a good game against New Zealand we'll see. [/b]

I don't know, there was a general consensus that Hernandez was the best fullback in the world, in other threads. I think he is a highly skilled player, and is a much more dynamic fullback than MacDonald or Latham. Personally, I'd rather see him at fullback than at first-five. To me he's more effective when he has more time. Take for instance during the Ireland game today, when he dropped back he was not only in perfect position, not only did he make great takes, but he was also fantastic in the counter attack. His chip and chase and offload while he was falling to ground was one of the most fantastic individual plays of the tournament.

Agreed, he steered the team himself with his tactical genius. His first drop goal was awesome, and I have to admit I was amazed by his performance; it was the first time I've ever seen him play.

Well now we know that he can be an excellent fly half too.

Anyone got news about his possible transfer to Leicester ? This man is a joy to watch, I hope he'll stay at Paris... where I can see him every week :)

I think he is staying at SF. The problem here is that he wont play as a flyhalf as he likes, and in Leicester he would. Also he would be trained by Loffreda, so i think he would have preferred to play in Leicester but SF didnt want to sell him.

He is definitively a gifted player, just remember that drop goal with the left foot... im still stunned about how natural he plays

he's definetely going to be one of the stars in this World Cup. My best wishes to the Pumas and Hernandez.
Go Pichot

His best position is fullback. He isn't good enough on kicking to play nr. 10.
But he's a great player with a very good flair.

[/b]
I think hernandez is the best fullback in the world.
He want to play fly half but for me it is not this place because he need many space and in the semi final of top14 betsen close him. At the end all journalist say hernandez don't do a great match..
It is my opinion [/b]

I agree, in my opinion he's the second best fullback in the word if not the best. He is a very good fly half but I still think his best position is at fullback

Juan Martin Hernandez is a very talented player, he's doing pretty well in this world cup playing at fly half (he has played so much more at fullback) and I think he can only improve in the coming matches.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0wZArJ0IaJo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0wZArJ0IaJo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

well it just shows that argentina has the ability to produce world class players first pichot now him, im wondering whos coming after hernandez

well it just shows that argentina has the ability to produce world class players first pichot now him, im wondering whos coming after hernandez
[/b]

Maybe you should keep an eye on Marcelo Bosch who's 23 years old and already playing in Biarritz, a magnificent fly-half (he uses to play at center also).

He's definitely a great player but he was pretty poor against SA at 10. He should stick to 15 IMO

Latest posts