• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Julien Dupuy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bernard @ Dec 19 2009, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So here it is ! I stay doubtfull about all of that , even Duypuy said that it was not his intention and that Ferris did stomething to him before , it is why he is teasing him after somehow ...

Anyway usual sanction for a French (i mean automatically more than others)...A brit or an irish would have never been punished so much for the same behaviour ...it is just unfair , question of language maybe as it is more easy to make a mediatic storm in english than french ...and members of Commision are more brit/irish than french :rolleyes: . Like Tincu and like many others in the past .....

So thanks for the Brits/irish mediatic storm Brits/irish , as usual and as a result , for the big punishment ....

It could be deserved , do not get me wrong , but all these decisions are based on **** and more or less "racism" . It this comission was taking fair decisions , we would know it . Several french club clearly wanted to boycott Heineken cup in the past because of that sort of decisions ...USAP and many others ...and i will finish to agree with them....

Nice move from Irish and British that won't have to face Dupuy during 6N :rolleyes:

Otherwise , Postponed decision for Attoub , seems that the photo is a fake :rolleyes:

Sorry i'm a bit bitter , 6 months it is just huge sanction and it is always the same when it is about french clubs and heineken cup ...I do not wait for you to understand as you can't but sometimes it is just really unfair ....it is like the high tackle from carter during november , it has been a boooing and mediatic storm , with the journalist who talked to carter (who did not even answer to the question cause it was just a crappy question ) about that at the end of the match (will greenwood did no stop to complain during the end of the match "boooh the bad guy")) as just a month before , in heineken cup , an english has done exactly the same high tackle but in that case , it was not a high tackle obviously , a normal tackle dixit Will greenwood and brit medias ...[/b]
Ignorence. Dupuy eye gouged a player, unprovoked phyiscally, twice while making sure a ref wasn't watching. claiming a 6 month ban is a racist decision is f*cking bullsh*t, especially when an eye gouge can cause a very serious injury. If players don't want to get large bans, then I'd suggest they stop putting their fingers in opposite players eyes, with an intent to cause the player harm.

God only knows what Bernard is on about... Plenty of UK and Irish players have had 6+ month bans for far less serious and blatent eye-related incidents over the past few years. In fact, only Haskell and Hayes gave recently got away with light bans (out of god knows how many reported incidents) which would raise an eyebrow.

Such a shame that there is this "woah-is-me" attitude in France regarding the HEC as though they're being hard done by. Especially when the French league doesn't even take any notice of bans issued by the ERC and continues to allow players to continue in the Top 14.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 19 2009, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Such a shame that there is this "woah-is-me" attitude in France regarding the HEC as though they're being hard done by. Especially when the French league doesn't even take any notice of bans issued by the ERC and continues to allow players to continue in the Top 14.[/b]

On the opposite direction of what you mean Teh Mite, the position of the French league is the sign that some IRB/ERC decisions are not only misunderstood or basically rejected by hypodermic groups of fans, but moderated by a fully member federation.

Not to totally follow Bernard, but to fuel his arguments, I'd say that we do not have the same media pressure, and I think it have its importance on how situations are been treated.
No tabloids here. I know that even if they are mostly interested in private matters, nothing to be compared in the way this kind of event will be reported.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 18 2009, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bernard, I dont say this often and I dont say this lightly but f*** off with your anti-french bullshit. Hes a dirty little gouging **** and deserves every day of it.

Incidently, I didnt hear any of you guys stand up for Jennings when he was given 12 weeks, even after the "victim" himself said there was nothing.
[/b]

Although I don't fully agree with Bernard, I have a reason for you why we didn't say anything on Jennings. That's because we didn't give a rat's ass.
Whereas the constant insults on Dupuy on this thread and other forums make me think you guys don't.

Enough violent bashing, the guy got what he deserved, end of. If he had been a more important player on the international scene, like Shalk Gouger, he would have got twice as less though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Dec 19 2009, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 18 2009, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bernard, I dont say this often and I dont say this lightly but f*** off with your anti-french bullshit. Hes a dirty little gouging **** and deserves every day of it.

Incidently, I didnt hear any of you guys stand up for Jennings when he was given 12 weeks, even after the "victim" himself said there was nothing.
[/b]

Although I don't fully agree with Bernard, I have a reason for you why we didn't say anything on Jennings. That's because we didn't give a rat's ass.
Whereas the constant insults on Dupuy on this thread and other forums make me think you guys don't.

Enough violent bashing, the guy got what he deserved, end of. If he had been a more important player on the international scene, like Shalk Gouger, he would have got twice as less though.
[/b][/quote]

"twice as less"

That's quality.

I'm not dissing your english or anything, because I can speak **** all of any foreign language but that's possibly my favourite slip up ever.

What you were looking for was 'half as much' and really even that's wrong, shouild be 'half as long'.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Dec 19 2009, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Dec 19 2009, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 18 2009, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

"twice as less"

That's quality.

I'm not dissing your english or anything, because I can speak **** all of any foreign language but that's possibly my favourite slip up ever.

What you were looking for was 'half as much' and really even that's wrong, shouild be 'half as long'.
[/b][/quote]

:p No worries thanks for correcting it. I wasn't sure so I googled the expression before i wrote it and I actually found it <_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Dec 20 2009, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
:p No worries thanks for correcting it. I wasn't sure so I googled the expression before i wrote it and I actually found it <_<[/b]
I still recall the shame of being laughed at by a French girl when I asked for a "fourche" at the dinner table. Fat *****! ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Dec 19 2009, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I still recall the shame of being laughed at by a French girl when I asked for a "fourche" at the dinner table. Fat *****! ;)[/b]

Could have turned into a good occasion for you to get off with, but nothing to regret for the fat !

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Dec 19 2009, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Dec 20 2009, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:p No worries thanks for correcting it. I wasn't sure so I googled the expression before i wrote it and I actually found it <_<[/b]
I still recall the shame of being laughed at by a French girl when I asked for a "fourche" at the dinner table. Fat *****! ;)
[/b][/quote]

:lol: I'm sure she was a *****, most french girls are. Speaking of *****, when I was younger I found it very difficult to differentiate between "*****" and "beach", and one time I was in a hotel in NZ and I asked where the "*****" was. It happens that usually the receptionist was a girl and for some reason that day it was a guy.

I realized my mistake when the guy called "Jenny!!"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Dec 20 2009, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Dec 19 2009, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Dec 20 2009, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

:lol: I'm sure she was a *****, most french girls are. Speaking of *****, when I was younger I found it very difficult to differentiate between "*****" and "beach", and one time I was in a hotel in NZ and I asked where the "*****" was. It happens that usually the receptionist was a girl and for some reason that day it was a guy.

I realized my mistake when the guy called "Jenny!!"
[/b][/quote]
He was probably gay. NZ pronunciation of beach is not far off yours. I've heard a NZ waitress pronounce baguette as bigitte.

p.s. You still haven't changed your avatar. I remain deeply offended - until we do the same to you in Paris.

I feel like it's a little late but i too would like to say, "Bullshit, Bernard! Bullshit!"
Then again, he's always full of bullshit, that boy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 19 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I feel like it's a little late but i too would like to say, "Bullshit, Bernard! Bullshit!"
Then again, he's always full of bullshit, that boy.[/b]

late but so constructive post...

No problem guys ! i understand fully that you can think it is bullshit (or tell me that i can f*** off) ...and maybe it is . I have the right to give my feeling about this sanction . I do not say that i'm objective at all , i'm clearly subjective and certainly too much french on this one .

Anyway it is like that ;)

Have all a merry christmas and a happy new year , return to frogland tomorrow for 2 weeks :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 18 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bernard, It's a pretty fair decision. Contact with the eye of one player twice in one game.

Jennings got 12 weeks despite there being no evidence and Kennedy saying he wasn't gouged.
Have you even read the report from the Quinlan case?

There is 0 consistency in sentencing I admit, but Dupuy has no one to blame but himself, it is hardly an anti French conspiracy.

The Attoub photo is not a fake, that is a ridiculous claim and will probably end up in a lawsuit against Stade Francais.[/b]

Just to answer to u quickly . The sanction could be fair for a behaviour like that , that is not my point (even if i do not think/believe that Dupuy did that or had the real intention to do it...you can easily imagine Ferris stoping Dupuy to move and dupuy teasing him in putting his hand on the face without thinking in doing a Eye-gouge but more pushing him away...and for the second time , reaction from Dupuy regarding Ferris Drama , there is no insurance at all that Dupuy was eye-gouging ...i must be too much imginative ...) . my point is the 0 consistency in sentencing . And i noticed often that frenchies take quite huge sanctions in general . I was certainly a bit too much when i was talking about racism (though , in the eighties , it was a reality this anti-french thing because we were seen as brutal by brits...) . I think reasons for huge sanctions against frenchies are more questions of language (and difficulty to defend yourself when you do not speak proper english ) and the media thing . as members of the ERC sanction comittee are english spoken persons , they have only one side of the story in general . Because defenitly Brit or irish medias , on that sort of stories , are always keen to put down a frenchie (same things are happening in FR , do not get me wrong defenitly but as an english spoken guy won't read a french media) ...as they are keen to put down a saffie for example ...For a lot of reasons ....

I know for the Attoub photo that there is no insurance that it is a fake , i was teasing a bit .

Dupuy appeals to IRFU - And get 'severe' 6 week ban :p

If Dupuy was Irish ha :lol:

The Stade President is claiming that the punishment was "anti-french".
Lol.
Anyone else fancy jumping on Bernard's ludicrous bandwagon?