• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[June Tests 2018: 1st Test] Australia vs. Ireland (09/06/2018)

I wonder what the aussies think of it but to me that looks a pretty decent 15. Still think that Ireland will take it though, even if Aus is leading that Irish bench is rather good.

I know he has come off the bench to play there but is this Carbery's first start at 10?

He's started a few games against the USA and Fiji there. This is obviously a much bigger challenge though.

I reckon Carbs will smash it and it'll be bittersweet for every Ster fan.

I think we'll lead a tight game from about 25 minutes onwards and win.

That bench is pretty terrifying, even Quinn Roux for what he could do to a tired scrum.

I like this team more the more I think about it. The bench being so strong means we have a good chance of winning, it'll tell which players would be capable of standing up if they were needed in a world cup game and even if we lose, we can massively strengthen that team for the next game anyway.

That's the thing. The result isn't vital it's seeing how guys like Joey go in full backline

DfDzQ8OVMAEe7Og.jpg

Wonder will Australia be doing their usual rejigging if the backline at set peice in defence.

Hate to say it but i think we're in for rude awakening in this game. Australia backline has a really good look to it and i'm not convinced our pack has so much in hand, if anything in hand, to compensate. Australia by 10.

I wouldn't be too pessimistic, Foley-Beale-Kerevi is as defensively poor a midfield as you'll find and Aki-Henshaw is rock solid defensively. 6 is definitely not Pocock's best position and with an uncapped hooker added to the lack of a proper jumper in their backrow we should be able to have a crack at their lineout and expect decent rewards especially with the like of POM in the team. We'll get parity at the very very least upfront as well. With a back line as dangerous as Australia have we'll need to be very careful and it's the best pack they've had for a while IMO but I think our bench will sneak it for us. Ireland by 3.

I have not seen much super rugby this year so can't judge the Aussies. It should be a tough test for us seeing as they're at home and beat NZ there last time.

I've no problem with them not knowing much about the Irish team. Better that then showering the Irish players with compliments.

First time in eight tests and not indicative of the run of play. I wouldn't factor them beating the ABs last time out too much into your equation.

Ireland are organised and on form, Australia are struggling and out of sorts.

If Australia win, it would be a surprise.

I'm fully aware it's best for Ireland but my God it's going to kill me to see Carbery playing for Evil.

Heaslip looking real slim, I reckon the man can't switch off, legend.

If Ireland don't win this series 3-0, it would be seen as a failure.:p

Hoping for a good game, it's going to be close.