• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Junior World Cup 2008

Missed the game but well done to the Baby Boks on, from what I've read, was a convincing win. Apparently our tight 5 didn't do well again?
[/b]
That's news to me. I think the scrum got turned through 90 degrees about 10 times through the whole game in a 6 : 4 ratio in SA's favour (they lost 4, I mean). You guys won the game at the breakdown anyway. Very impressive annihalation of the breakdown.

<div class='quotemain'>Gareth Williams looked amazing at 9[/b]

WAT

He dawdled constantly at the rucks when we had well recycled possession. His only positive aspect came when he made a break about 50 minutes into the game while ignoring the support he had to his right. <.< [/b][/quote]

He passed that then it was 90% likely that the boks would have caught it, even the commentators said he did the right thing! Infact there was really no support and it was picked up by Brynmor Williams commentating! Brynmor further commented that Williams gave quicker service that Webb did! Its true and Webb showed over the last two games his vulnerable side and was poor!

A very convincing win for New Zealand in the final :bana:

I really enjoyed the game. New Zealand's backs looked dangerous whenever they touched the ball - England's defense was very good for most of the game, just giving way in the last 20 minutes...Kirkpatrick at 10 was outstanding for New Zealand, consistently finding space in behind with chip kicks. I was also impressed with Whitelock at lock and Braid at 7, though most of the New Zealand team had strong games.

Also that English flanker who head butted a player in the maul, after being penalized for shoulder charging a player in the maul previously is a complete dropkick, and I hope he gets a good length ban...

<div class='quotemain'>
Missed the game but well done to the Baby Boks on, from what I've read, was a convincing win. Apparently our tight 5 didn't do well again?
[/b]
That's news to me. I think the scrum got turned through 90 degrees about 10 times through the whole game in a 6 : 4 ratio in SA's favour (they lost 4, I mean). You guys won the game at the breakdown anyway. Very impressive annihalation of the breakdown.
[/b][/quote]
Yeah, I watched the highlights last night and didn't see our forwards struggling like they did against England. But still our expect better from any SA side.

Am I the only one who thinks our boys look skinny? Granted only one has played S14 (Hougaard) from what I know.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>Gareth Williams looked amazing at 9[/b]

WAT

He dawdled constantly at the rucks when we had well recycled possession. His only positive aspect came when he made a break about 50 minutes into the game while ignoring the support he had to his right. <.< [/b][/quote]

He passed that then it was 90% likely that the boks would have caught it, even the commentators said he did the right thing! Infact there was really no support and it was picked up by Brynmor Williams commentating! Brynmor further commented that Williams gave quicker service that Webb did! Its true and Webb showed over the last two games his vulnerable side and was poor!
[/b][/quote]
Fine, but AMAZING? O.O I'd sooner have Fury and Cooper in the squad than either Webb or Williams. Besides, is it just me or does Williams look really fat for a scrum half? Must be his size or something; not denying he hasn't got some pace to burn though.

I also thought we looked quite small (didn't stop them from making big tackles though). Our scrum was outweighed quite a bit as well, although we didn't do too badly there.
It's strange how this team is the opposite from what's considered the normal, "traditional" SA team.

I also thought we looked quite small (didn't stop them from making big tackles though). Our scrum was outweighed quite a bit as well, although we didn't do too badly there.
It's strange how this team is the opposite from what's considered the normal, "traditional" SA team.
[/b]
Oh no doubt, I didn't watch the Wales game but I saw them putting in some big hits against England.
And it's true they play a different type of rugby from a "normal" SA team. Very Australian imo. Mobile pack that dominates the breakdown, and our backs are lighting on the counter. Not too convinced they'll be world beaters with that strategy though, we need a strong scrum to fall back on or we'll get owned in wet weather every time.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>Gareth Williams looked amazing at 9[/b]

WAT

[/b][/quote]
Fine, but AMAZING? O.O I'd sooner have Fury and Cooper in the squad than either Webb or Williams. Besides, is it just me or does Williams look really fat for a scrum half? Must be his size or something; not denying he hasn't got some pace to burn though.
[/b][/quote]

Fat hahahaha shows how much you know about muscle :blink:

Ive seen the lad up close and hes built like a tank, hes not fat but very muscular, and to compare them to Fury and Cooper is not really a comparsion!

Ive seen the lad up close and hes built like a tank, hes not fat but very muscular, and to compare them to Fury and Cooper is not really a comparsion!
[/b]
So he's a fat blob of muscle...? >_> I meant Fury and Cooper are better prospects...I could care less if they have big muscles, as long as they put in good performances...

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
So he's a fat blob of muscle...? >_> I meant Fury and Cooper are better prospects...I could care less if they have big muscles, as long as they put in good performances... [/b][/quote]

Williams put in a good performance, Webb at times look like he is out of the game and he tends to kick the ball more often than not!

Also Cooper is not really a prospect for Wales at the age of 29! Hes no better than third choice at the most for Wales!

Bravo New Zealand and Bravo Kade Poki they were high this season and deserved this triumph, I think this generation will add more isight in All Blacks future.
Taylor was oN THE TOP OF THE WORLD B)

Latest posts