• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Junior World Cup 2008

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
SA vs Wales, 3rd place play off :D
[/b]
:lol: Oh you *******, you had to mention that. Is it on TV? I'm just gonna steer away from commenting on this one otherwise we'll end up with 7 pages on the single game. :c
[/b][/quote]
You mean 13 pages :p
Yeah, it's gonna be broadcasted on Sunday at 17:45 CAT, so 15:45 for you guys.
[/b][/quote]
Mwahahaha, lets see if we can beat 13 pages this time.....
NOT!
P.S. Cheers for the time, it's actually 16:45pm here...In bloody Welsh! :( Make sure you're online at that time :)lol: ) we can try for a good 14 page debate on the game and on how you smell more than me. :p
[/b][/quote]
:lol: Ooo excellent! I'm sure we'll have a Wale :)blink: ) of a time.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
SA vs Wales, 3rd place play off :D
[/b]
:lol: Oh you *******, you had to mention that. Is it on TV? I'm just gonna steer away from commenting on this one otherwise we'll end up with 7 pages on the single game. :c
[/b][/quote]
You mean 13 pages :p
Yeah, it's gonna be broadcasted on Sunday at 17:45 CAT, so 15:45 for you guys.
[/b][/quote]
Mwahahaha, lets see if we can beat 13 pages this time.....
NOT!
P.S. Cheers for the time, it's actually 16:45pm here...In bloody Welsh! :( Make sure you're online at that time :)lol: ) we can try for a good 14 page debate on the game and on how you smell more than me. :p
[/b][/quote]
:lol: Ooo excellent! I'm sure we'll have a Wale :)blink: ) of a time.
[/b][/quote]

shame they only allow proper tier 1 teams into the final...

I can't believe I stayed up to watch such a horrible performance from us. England were much better and we were pretty lucky to stay so close towards the end. That scrum was an embarrassment to SA and so was that idiot tighthead that kept conceding penalties and got sin binned right before half-time.
I still can't get around that decision to kick for posts with under 10 minutes remaining and needing 7 points to win. And then when we get another penalty, just in front of the halfway line we decide to kick again with even less time left. Seriously, why do people ever try kick from the halfway line. It's a huge gamble that's only worth 3 points.
Francois Hougaard (or is it Gouhaard?) was lucky not to be replaced. He couldn't pass at all and everything else he did was average. Wilton Pietersen, Cecil Afrika and Martin Muller were the only bright sparks I saw.
I'd also love to know why in the 1st half we kept kicking the ball away instead of keeping it in hand when we clearly had a superior backline.
It's for the best that we didn't go through, NZ would've made mincemeat out of us. I'd also love to know who between the 2 of them has the better scrum.

Great win for England and fantastic to see some big,physical front five players coming through. Win or Lose against New Zealand this tournament has been a great success for England. My main hope is that these players will continue to develop, get starting places in their prem teams and go on to full caps.

engand look mighty mighty impressive at this level. I saw them alot in the 6 nation and was really taken aback by both the physicality of the forwards and the skill of there back play. This world cup theyve only improved and i would not be shocked if england edge this final.

I went to the two games at Kingsholm in the six nations and England looked good then but in this world cup they have really built some momentum. I personally think NZ will edge it but they will know they have been in a game. Interesting to see how NZ will cope in the tight, if they can match us there i dont think we will live with them. As always it will be won up front. I must say that Im looking forward to this game as much as the full test on Saturday.

Good on Joe Simpson and Hugo Ellis, I'm good friends with their brothers (one of whom is in England U18, another could have been) and I've known Hugo & Joe for 10 years ever since they were in an awesome Richmond team with Dominic Waldouck

wales were ****.
[/b]
Indeed they were and they have been tonight - 18 - 36 to SA.
Somebody tell me the sense in this:
You're isolated on your half-way line, with 3 opposition players grabbing hold of the ball, your team is 8 points beside and you decide to hold on instead of letting go. Senseless? Oh ya, I seriously wonder whether these guys have played rugby in their life before, especially when we get total arse-****ed at every breakdown (mind you, this wasn't helped by Gareth Williams spending 5 minutes deciding which way to pass the ball).
18 - 43 to SA now. :lol:
Some good points:
Jon Davies looks excellent when he decides to run at the line although he can't defend for **** despite his ample frame.
Gareth Owen is not a ten, so we know after this display never to play him there again.
We always looked threatening when we had quick ball (nearly never).

The bad points aren't worth listing there's so many...

Well at least the baby boks redeemed themselves and I'm glad to see Nick Koster wasn't affected by his injury. He's one for the future and so are R. Ebersohn and Pietersen.

Good on Samoa for getting 7th, beating Scotland and scaring the crap out of SA along the way. Pity the seniors didn't get something similar at the RWC, but this shows real promise for 2011 and beyond.

We don't have much depth at flyhalf though if Brummer is the best we can come up with. Spoils a certain try by not passing, can't kick and once again attempted a 50m goal for no reason and fell far short.

Congrats on the 3rd spot SA, you deserved it. Just wanted to say, I was hugely impressed with Jason Tovey when he switched to the fly-half position (though he played well at 15 too). He showed how a ten should control an attacking move, with some excellent passing and chips over.

Looks as though New Zealand are going to win the final without much troule. Unfortunately England can't string a backline move together to save their life!

Appalling play from the English No.7 with England threatening the NZ line for the first time with a rolling maul, he comes jumping in twice obviously trying to headbut an opposing player. Red Card deserved.

Appalling play from the English No.7 with England threatening the NZ line for the first time with a rolling maul, he comes jumping in twice obviously trying to headbut an opposing player. Red Card deserved. [/b]

Amazed when he was laughing also!

But well played to the Boks today, clinical is all I can say dominated Wales!

Gareth Williams looked amazing at 9, much faster service than Rhys Webb, James Tovey at 10 was immense! However Wales missed Franks and Warburton!

They appeared to have similar problems to what the full Welsh team have had over the last few years v SH teams, they got mullered at the breakdown. Wales showed what they could do with quick ball, but the forwards couldn't produce enough of it.

Loosing Warberton was a huge blow as he's awesome in all aspecs of play, almost single handedly dragging the rest of the forwards through the game. He should start playing for Cardiff Blues immediately, though can't harm the guy learning from both Martyn Williams and Xavier Rush!

Gareth Williams looked amazing at 9[/b]

WAT

He dawdled constantly at the rucks when we had well recycled possession. His only positive aspect came when he made a break about 50 minutes into the game while ignoring the support he had to his right. <.<

Missed the game but well done to the Baby Boks on, from what I've read, was a convincing win. Apparently our tight 5 didn't do well again?

Latest posts