• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Junior World Cup 2008

nz sa final . nz to thrash wales by more then 50.
and i think B L R mentioned a while back that aussie would win easy.

Wales did not deserve to win that match, our forwards were mullered in almost every aspect. But then again, France also didn't deserve to win, their backs play for most the game was so appaling, I think I could have done better. Whoever their no 10 was, he couldn't control a game even if he was playing under 10's.

Hmm, no-one deserved to win. Suppose the team that didn't give up deserved it in the end! [/b]

What end? The end announced at the 78th minute of the game when the referee announced there would be 3 minutes of injury time or at the 88th minute? This was a joke!

and i think B L R mentioned a while back that aussie would win easy.[/b]
And the worst thing is it was a local Perth boy who made the mistake that handed the English the game...I blame the unfair (just about) home advantage. :p

<div class='quotemain'>
havent seen the game. are england any good?
[/b]
http://www.irb.com/jwc/news/newsid=2025077...stralia+england

A game where the English killed the Australian forwards, same old same old. It would have practically been a home game for them, plus they won at the death from a mistake from Haylett Petty, I don't see them beating New Zealand, although stranger things have happened.
[/b][/quote]
They play South Africa next.. or are you tipping them to make the final? :p

They play South Africa next.. or are you tipping them to make the final? :p[/b]
Well the Saffas are notoriously bad away from home, so who knows, they could bottle it. But I tip New Zealand to win it considering all the destruction they have been handing out so that is the benchmark. Saffa v Kiwi final would be one to watch fo sho!

<div class='quotemain'>
They play South Africa next.. or are you tipping them to make the final? :p[/b]
Well the Saffas are notoriously bad away from home, so who knows, they could bottle it. But I tip New Zealand to win it considering all the destruction they have been handing out so that is the benchmark. Saffa v Kiwi final would be one to watch fo sho!
[/b][/quote]
It was a SA v NZ final in the u19 world championship last year in Ireland, which NZ won, so our younger players have shown some composure away from home. I'm sure many players from last year are in this u20 WC.

Great to see how the SA NZ rivalry is at every level of international rugby!

when nz get there best team together i think they be hard to stop. they should be good again next year if anyones seen tim nai nai play its crazy. should be seeing him this year for counties manukau in the air nz cup and u20 new zealand next year.

I'm also tipping a SA vs. NZ final, our boys have got about the second best defence and best attack in the tournament, allthough NZ really had the tougher oposition.

England worry me a bit, because they seem to be the dark horse of the tournament, really didn't expect them to end up top in the same group as the Aussies, I think they pose a major threat. In terms of when / if we get to the final I think it'd be a closer match against NZ then last years final.

I think we could do it this year, but NZ have one hell of a defence (1 try conceded so far).

I'll bet my left one NZ takes it out [/b]

New Zealand should be too strong in all areas - you know they have a strong side when the likes of Peter Saili, Jackson Willison, and Andre Taylor can only make the bench! I'm predicting New Zealand to win by 30.

<div class='quotemain'> I'll bet my left one NZ takes it out [/b]

New Zealand should be too strong in all areas - you know they have a strong side when the likes of Peter Saili, Jackson Willison, and Andre Taylor can only make the bench! I'm predicting New Zealand to win by 30.
[/b][/quote]

yeah. and if you want to see the true depth at the moment make sure you come down and check out the national u20 comp ;)

im going to say

new zealand 52
wales 21

hope im wrong, and its far far closer... cant see it happening though, i think the junior all blacks could give most senior international teams a good game to be honest.

New Zealand should have too much for Wales, but to be fair Wales looked down and out against France and won in dramatic fashion. The fight that occured after the final whistle was disgusting, at no level of rugby should that happen, no matter what started it off. It will sour their international careers if they get up to that rubbish, hopefully they will grow up.

5 - 3 to NZ with a penalty kick to NZ to come...the weather is awful atm...kick missed. Gareth Owen is becoming a liability atm like Shanklin against SA, he just isn't getting the ball wide and is getting flattened in the tackles.

A massive loss in the end: 31 - 6. Pretty lame from NZ trying to take the penalty kick as the last move of the game. Ironically, Wales' best attack of the second half came in the last minute, and even that was called back due to a forward pass. Bloody ref, I blame him for our loss...
Not a bad few players there for Wales, definately some for the future: Halfpenny, John Davies, Turnbull, Warburton, Biggar (shame he got injured) and Rhys Webb the scrum-half (he can cover the hooking duties aswell, apparantly :mellow: ).

I bet anyone who sees the score of 31 - 6 will obviosuly say Wales were hammered or Wales were utter crap.

Unfortunatly none of these are true

Wales gave a great account and NZ looked class.

Wales had some amazing defence tonight and I was suprised how well it held against the attacking force of the AB.

But im going to have a moan about the ref who im sorry to say is very typical of all French Ref's. Now im not going to insult or become offensive towards the French here but I must admit this ref was terrible!

Here are a few things that annoyed me tonight that he failed to give Wales but gave them to the AB.

* Handling on the floor - Yellow carded a Welsh player after 70 mins of NZ doing it
* Forward Passes - Lead to an AB try
* Scrum Resets - One to many should have been resetted
* Obstuction - one lead to an AB try!

Its the same old story for me watching the U20 and sometimes the National side. The ref this game was completly biased.

Now again some of you will go, typical saw loser but I get annoyed that this is happening frequently, but not always to Wales ive seen it countless times were a French ref is particularly biased towards one team.

I want the IRB to clamp down on poor reffing also, touch judges should also give a little more help than just running up and down trying to act hard!

Again take nothing away from the AB they took their chances and won! Will be World Champions!

EDIT: Rhys Webb was poor, he is one paced, kicked all the time and his serivce was not that greatand basically at times put us under great pressure! Gareth Williams should have been shoved on!

Latest posts