• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Junior World Cup 2008

I just wish Japan had some bigger players ebcause their boys are very technically sound... their mauls against the french were brilliant bvut they just get man handled due to their size.

Jordan Ross is a one to watch for Canada. I have played against him on a few occasions and once with him and he is a fantastic talent. Not sure what position he'll be playing for this team, maybe fullback or wing.

jason tovey :) he came on for the last five minutes [/b]

He looks another good prospect at 10. Saw a few of the games he played for the Dragons, with a bit more game time he'll be a god player. He doesn't appear to have the x-factor Biggar or Gareth Owen has, but is a very good all round player. Looked confident in those Dragons games I saw aswell, willing to try the unexpected.

For France, here are some players to follow:

- Morgan Parra. (scrum half or fly half, Bourgoin)
The captain. I guess you know him since the last 6 nations when he played the entire game vs England... very mature and cheeky for his age, he reminds me a young Pichot.

- Matthieu Bastareaud. (centre, Statde Français)
A powerful centre who's regulary playing with Stade Français this season, including in H-Cup. He's often compared with Nonu because of his size but he lacks skills and pace.

- Yann David. (centre, Bourgoin)
He played a game vs Italy in the last 6N. Very powerful too, but much faster and explosive I think...

- Djibril Camara (wing & fullback, Stade Français)
He's from Stade Français too, played several games in Top 14 too and scored 2 tries. Very fast, good sidesteps but still shaky in defense.

- Matthieu Belie. (fly half, Toulouse)
Has been playing two or tree times for Toulouse this season. He's a great hope there, people are talking about a new Michalak. He's a good goalkicker.

- Yoann Maestri. (lock, RC Toulon)
Was playing along Matfield at Toulon, a great hope again.

- Raphaël Lakafia. (flanker, Grenoble)
Playing at Grenoble in proD2. He was elected best player of the last under 19 world cup. He scored a hat trick against Japan in the firts game !

Australia will win this no worries, a good thing that James O'Conner isn't allowed to play....good for the opposition that is, he would have torn the opposition a new one....

Apparently SuperSport will only show the semis and final if we make it there. I can't believe we have to deal with programs on saltwater fishing yet they can't even showing us our future springboks...

Apparently SuperSport will only show the semis and final if we make it there. I can't believe we have to deal with programs on saltwater fishing yet they can't even showing us our future springboks... [/b]

They'll be showing the quarters too if I'm not mistaken.

But I totally agree with you, this should be way more important then 80% of the rubbish on supersport, hell Supersport has got 7 other f***ing channels to use and I'm stuck with an hour of "extreme bass angling" before Boots n All on Thursdays.

how much rock music can you play when a man is -fishing-, seriously :huh:

EDIT:

I should add that the girl on extreme bass angling is rather pretty, but that's about the only good thing of the show.

<div class='quotemain'> Apparently SuperSport will only show the semis and final if we make it there. I can't believe we have to deal with programs on saltwater fishing yet they can't even showing us our future springboks... [/b]

But I totally agree with you, this should be way more important then 80% of the rubbish on supersport, hell Supersport has got 7 other f***ing channels to use and I'm stuck with an hour of "extreme bass angling" before Boots n All on Thursdays.

EDIT:

I should add that the girl on extreme bass angling is rather pretty, but that's about the only good thing of the show.
[/b][/quote]

ya i also couldn't quite believe that they aint airing most of the world cup, but i agree with you - that van rooijen chick is pretttty :p

<div class='quotemain'> Apparently SuperSport will only show the semis and final if we make it there. I can't believe we have to deal with programs on saltwater fishing yet they can't even showing us our future springboks... [/b]

EDIT:

[/b][/quote]

pictures or it didn't happen

Australia will win this no worries, a good thing that James O'Conner isn't allowed to play....good for the opposition that is, he would have torn the opposition a new one.... [/b]

new zealand will. :)

I went to school with two guys in the NZ team - Kirkpatrick and Guildford were both a year ahead of me. Was in a couple of Guildfords classes in 6th form, although Kirkpatrick was the one who we always picked to make the big time first.

And if today was anything to go by, Ireland aren't going to be beating us anytime soon.

yeah. it was men amoung boys. ireland actually looked scared to go into contact. anyone seen the s.a's?

Australia will win this no worries, a good thing that James O'Conner isn't allowed to play....good for the opposition that is, he would have torn the opposition a new one.... [/b]

Forgot about O'Connor.. How come he isn't allowed to play?

Shame Beale isn't playing either.. now Quade Coopers stuck at flyhalf for us, he will choke it up and we will lose.

Well Australia, NZ and SA continue to crush their opponents it would seem.

SA 72 - 3 Scotland

NZ 65 - 10 Ireland

Australia 53 - 17 Fiji

Argentina 30 - 10 Tonga

Samoa 20 - 6 USA

England 60 - 18 Canada

France 32 - 14 Italy

Wales 33 - 10 Japan

ARGH, I can't wait for the quarters so I can actually watch our boys play.

Forgot about O'Connor.. How come he isn't allowed to play?

Shame Beale isn't playing either.. now Quade Coopers stuck at flyhalf for us, he will choke it up and we will lose.[/b]
They deem him too young for the Junior World Cup, despite him playing Super 14 and sevens, absolute joke....Cooper will be alright, he will thrive in a lower grade, I think he's not far off from eliminating the jitters in his game and when he does he'll be formidable....

That NZ under 20 team could beat a lot of other countries' national teams. :wah:
[/b]
:lol:
The way Wales' U20 team is going, France will slaughter us this Saturday.

Anybody know where England will be playing their next few games as Im missing my fix of live rugby, sorry to have missed the Fiji game in Newport as its not too far from where I live.

Latest posts