• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Kurtley Beale in Trouble

But here's the thing about that...

Beale admitted to the first picture and text exchange, but supposedly there was a SECOND, more offensive picture/text sent to the players, one which Di and Pulver claimed was sent by Beale. That's the one the forensic guys were really checking for, and which they proved did not come from Beale. Had it been sent by Beale he may then have suffered a more severe punishment.

So, the question is this - where did this SECOND picture/text come from? Did Di fabricate it in order to strengthen her case against Beale? I guess we'll never know because if said text does exist, it seems to exist ONLY on Di's phone, which hasn't been turned over for analysis.

See...that's where the whole thing starts smelling like a big pile of stinky fish to me.

das

The possibilities are endless...

Beale could have had 2 phones.
Beale could have sent it via another messaging system.
Beale could've created the second image, sent it to others and they forwarded it to Patston.
Patston could've seen the image on Beale's phone without him sending it, and deleted it thereafter.

We'll never know...

The possibilities are endless...

Beale could have had 2 phones.
Beale could have sent it via another messaging system.
Beale could've created the second image, sent it to others and they forwarded it to Patston.
Patston could've seen the image on Beale's phone without him sending it, and deleted it thereafter.

We'll never know...

True, but Patston said Beale sent it to other players on the team. However, "IT experts and the players themselves have confirmed that no such second message was registered on What's App." Not sure what other services the picture could have gone through, but surely it would have shown up somewhere (I'm assuming that the tech guys would have considered all of your above scenarios).

One possibility is this - another player could have sent it, and no one wants to reveal who it is. I think this is a strong possibility, but without Di's phone to analyze where the picture came from it's impossible to tell. If I were Di I would want my phone checked to verify where the text/photo came from, unless I already knew it was impossible to pin on Beale. That's why it just seems fishy to me.

das

True, but Patston said Beale sent it to other players on the team. However, "IT experts and the players themselves have confirmed that no such second message was registered on What’s App." Not sure what other services the picture could have gone through, but surely it would have shown up somewhere (I'm assuming that the tech guys would have considered all of your above scenarios).

One possibility is this - another player could have sent it, and no one wants to reveal who it is. I think this is a strong possibility, but without Di's phone to analyze where the picture came from it's impossible to tell. If I were Di I would want my phone checked to verify where the text/photo came from, unless I already knew it was impossible to pin on Beale. That's why it just seems fishy to me.

das

True, but the other players aren't the ones in trouble, and I think out of respect for the team, Di didn't want another player mixed up in this problematic event. It would also do more harm than good.

As for the forensic technician, he got intsructions from the ARU, and usually they follow that instruction to the tee, and don't always go the extra mile. For all we know he only checked Beale's whatsapp messages and not his sms, imessage, facebook messager or whatever other message sending app Beale had on his phone.

But here's the thing about that...

Beale admitted to the first picture and text exchange, but supposedly there was a SECOND, more offensive picture/text sent to the players, one which Di and Pulver claimed was sent by Beale. That's the one the forensic guys were really checking for, and which they proved did not come from Beale (I believe they also found no evidence of it being sent to other players). Had it been sent by Beale he may then have suffered a more severe punishment.

So, the question is this - where did this SECOND picture/text come from? Did Di fabricate it in order to strengthen her case against Beale? I guess we'll never know because if said text does exist, it seems to exist ONLY on Di's phone, which hasn't been turned over for analysis.

See...that's where the whole thing starts smelling like a big pile of stinky fish to me.

das

read the link i posted, Beale lost two phones - the forensic expert didn't check his original phone, secondly he sent it via whatsapp, so the other picture could have been sent via any othe rsystem , BBM or even simple text...

read the link i posted, Beale lost two phones - the forensic expert didn't check his original phone, secondly he sent it via whatsapp, so the other picture could have been sent via any othe rsystem , BBM or even simple text...

So then didn't it behoove the ARU to have Di's phone checked in order to link the offensive text to Beale? If she still had her phone with the message on it then it should have shown a link back to Beale. And if I was Di wanting to prove Beale sent it than I would have insisted my phone be checked.

Yeah...something is very fishy here, and now I don't know who's been rolling in trout.

das

The way I see it is that the ARU wanted to get this over and done with very quickly. It would have been a waste of money, time and resources to check both phones for the same thing. Beale admitted that he sent a message to Patston. And the Forensic expert was used just to confirm it.

Well, if their intent was to get this over and done with quickly, they have failed SPECTACULARLY - I mean for f##k sake they're investigating an incident from June that came to light at the end of September as a result of an argument on a flight. Now, they've only just "resolved" (for want of a more accurate word) the first incident and are STILL to investigate the argument that led to the first one coming to light.

I'm sorry mate, but if they were trying to do this quick then they are by a fair margin the most incompetent administrators in the country.

She didn't receive the second text as far as I'm aware.

Then how did anyone know about the second text/picture? I'm tellin' ya, this thing just keeps getting screwier and screwier.

@sanzar - Okay, wait. So the reason I haven't heard anything about the flight fight is because they haven't even investigated that yet?

Geez. Something is really wrong here. I really don't know what to think now. I think Di quitting and Ewen resigning makes it seem like they're all 'sour grapes' over the situation, especially since it appears that they aren't even trying to tell their end of the story. But now I'm wondering if they're just rats leaping away from the sinking ship. And now I can't tell if it was a witch hunt for Beale, or just the opposite - a rush to clear him so he could get back to the team.

I wonder if we'll ever get all the (right) answers.

das

@sanzar - Okay, wait. So the reason I haven't heard anything about the flight fight is because they haven't even investigated that yet?

Yep - incredibly they're still working out when that'll be looked at properly. Meanwhile over at the NRL they had a controversy regarding a vulgar tweet and dealt with it in less than a week. The ARU are amateurs.

Yep - incredibly they're still working out when that'll be looked at properly. Meanwhile over at the NRL they had a controversy regarding a vulgar tweet and dealt with it in less than a week. The ARU are amateurs.

This is absolutely amazing. There's a saying here in America - perhaps it's universal, I dunno - but I'll share it anyway: the ARU needs to shiitte, or get off the pot.

das

Regardless of all the circumstances surrounding this incident, the facts are that Beale has had a string of over half a dozen incidents of bad and inappropriate behaviour going back several years. If he had been an All Black, he would have been kicked for touch a few years ago (evidence Zac Guildford - one drunken incident, stood down temporarily. Reinstated, and a second drunken fight... goneburger) .

Regardless of all the circumstances surrounding this incident, the facts are that Beale has had a string of over half a dozen incidents of bad and inappropriate behaviour going back several years. If he had been an All Black, he would have been kicked for touch a few years ago (evidence Zac Guildford - one drunken incident, stood down temporarily. Reinstated, and a second drunken fight... goneburger) .

That's understood - but let's face it, Australia doesn't have the same talent pool NZ has. Good players ARE expendable in NZ because there are so many excellent players, but as I see it Australia has to be very careful when it comes to kicking a good player to the curb. And they have done it in the past, like with JOC. But doing that too many times and they'll end up on the same level as Italy, or worse...Scotland. (Just saying that to rile @ImScotty. ;) )

das

.... Meanwhile over at the NRL they had a controversy regarding a vulgar tweet and dealt with it in less than a week. The ARU are amateurs.

And that is because in the NRL, the NRL controls the game.... NOT the players, and NOT the Sydney media.

That's understood - but let's face it, Australia doesn't have the same talent pool NZ has. Good players ARE expendable in NZ because there are so many excellent players, but as I see it Australia has to be very careful when it comes to kicking a good player to the curb. And they have done it in the past, like with JOC. But doing that too many times and they'll end up on the same level as Italy, or worse...Scotland. (Just saying that to rile @ImScotty. ;) )

das

Well the Wallabies are in a very sorry state then if they feel they cannot win without Beale. The Wallabies could have, and probably should have, won that last match v the AB's, and they did that without Beale. I'd go as far as to say they probably would not have got as close as they did with Beale in the team. I have yet to see him play anything other than crap against us.

The All Blacks management will tell you that there is no "I" in "Team". Regardless of how great a player is on the field, bad behaviour off the field affects everyone in the team, and consequently affects team performance.
When 100% or 99% is the difference between winning and losing, disruptive influences in the team environment are not acceptable under any circumstances.

And that is because in the NRL, the NRL controls the game.... NOT the players, and NOT the Sydney media.

Well the Wallabies are in a very sorry state then if they feel they cannot win without Beale. The Wallabies could have, and probably should have, won that last match v the AB's, and they did that without Beale. I'd go as far as to say they probably would not have got as close as they did with Beale in the team. I have yet to see him play anything other than crap against us.

The All Blacks management will tell you that there is no "I" in "Team". Regardless of how great a player is on the field, bad behaviour off the field affects everyone in the team, and consequently affects team performance.
When 100% or 99% is the difference between winning and losing, disruptive influences in the team environment are not acceptable under any circumstances.

Ok but I wanted to see the outcome of Guildford show if he kept his top level (2011) and if Savea was Saffer...

How much press is all this getting in Australia? I mean, is it just in rugby circles, or like mainstream attention?

How much press is all this getting in Australia? I mean, is it just in rugby circles, or like mainstream attention?

Too much press... it's been in all the papers and is dominating the rugby section. On the plus side it's bringing Rugby News to the forefront, but sadly it's all negative.

would be funny if this thread was started back in 2013 and has been updated with each incident lol

das
or even more worse the USA :p

would be funny if this thread was started back in 2013 and has been updated with each incident lol

Even funnier if it started when Beale first got into trouble....2007!

Latest posts