• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Kurtley Beale in Trouble

Yeah, considering he's the Tah's coach as well and had, apparently, been super keen to add Beale. I mean pretty much every article in the press suggested that if he wasn't suspended he'd join the team.

The right call, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cheika had been advised not to pick Beale.

Yeah, considering he's the Tah's coach as well and had, apparently, been super keen to add Beale. I mean pretty much every article in the press suggested that if he wasn't suspended he'd join the team.

The right call, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cheika had been advised not to pick Beale.

That being the case, and it can only be the ARU that did that, then Cheika is in no different position than PSA is in France and we all can see where that got him and French rugby.

I can only hope for the Aussies that Cheika has made the decision and solely to be in the best interests of the team in the long run else he will have a very short run!!!

And he only just realised it was a storm of raw, uncontrollable diarrhoea? That's a bit of a leap if you ask me.

I'm suspicious of who's actually calling the shots here.

Either way, i think it's right he doesn't tour.

yes & no.

I think it's right he doesn't tour, regardless of who has made the decision, but you would hope it's been mad ein conjunction with Cheika

To be honest I don't think this kind of thing should come down to purely one mans decision - just like the fall out after England in NZ didn't it was dealt with by the RFU not the coaches, i think discipline is a collective thing.

Besides we dont' know who made the call, Cheika only defended the fact that Beale was telling the truth in that EM and co knew about it all along. Maybe he has dropped him to show him "no more sh*t mate, get your head down or get lost".

Beale missed last seasons tour because of injury, the last thing he needs is another break. He should be out on the field tearing the pale pommy poofters apart with his awesome sidesteps and cut out passes.

Geez!

This is becoming a real soap opera! Beale gets a slap on the wrist, gets permission to join the group on tour, only to be told he's not selected and can't go anymore. Meanwhile the ARU appointed a new coach in the place of Mckenzie, even though nothing has been brought up about Mckenzie's involvement in this whole debacle from what I read on the tribunal report.

Patston has been radio silent, Beale has been radio silent, Mckenzie has been radio silent, and the ARU are dishing out statements left and right.

It's clear that the bigwigs at the ARU has taken the step of damage control, and yet, both Mckenzie and Patston are not yet employees of the ARU anymore. Something tells me a confidentiality agreement was made...

I don't smell just one rat, I smell a couple, and the Pied Piper from Hamilton might be needed to sort it out! (see what I did there)

I must say, in support of my above post an article has emerged that seriously undermines the claims of Bill Pulver and McKenzie that Patston was above board aif she'd her version of events was accurate:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...australian-rugby/story-fnp0m104-1227101595086

Indeed, it now looks very much like she was simply a very dishonest person who started throwing her weight around too much in the camp.

This article goes to support my suspicions about Di and her qualifications for the job. It also makes me wonder about her relationship with certain men within the ARU. I wonder if she's going to press a lawsuit against the ARU or Beale in the future.

I think probably he realises it's a sh*t storm too close to home - he needs to re-establish some rules within the playing group, and his own authority.

I reckon that it's a good call.

I think it could have been good to include Beale in the team, but with a lot of Beale-hate coming from fans of other countries I'm guessing there could have been a lot of heckling from the crowds, and that would have been an unnecessary distraction. Also I suppose it's good to establish that the Wallabies are a team, and not just one man.

Peat said:
I'm suspicious of who's actually calling the shots here.

Or this.

das

I'm well and truly beyond caring now and have decided I'll pay more attention to the Kangaroos until evidence of Cheika's no bull**** style taking hold emerges.

Looks like Beale could still be called up:

Australia will summon Kurtley Beale to their tour of Europe if he proves his fitness after the assistant coach, Nathan Grey, revealed he was left behind for conditioning rather than disciplinary reasons.

While eligible for selection for Australia's end-of-season tour, which begins against the Barbarians at Twickenham on Saturday, he was left behind by the new head coach, Michael Cheika.

However, Grey insists he could be involved in the Tests against Wales, France, Ireland and England.

"Kurtley is back at home training. He hasn't played for a long period of time," Grey said. "We know he's working hard. He's back home trying to get back up to speed with his physical condition. Once he's done that he will definitely be considered for selection. He could possibly join us on this tour once he gets back in shape and is ready to go."

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...lia-wallabies-rugby-european-tour-nathan-grey

das

Beale missed last seasons tour because of injury, the last thing he needs is another break. He should be out on the field tearing the pale pommy poofters apart with his awesome sidesteps and cut out passes.

I'd love it if he played against England the last 5 times I've seen him play he's been ****ing useless !!!

Wow...I'd like to know how much of this is factual...

Kurtley Beale scandal: ARU failed to check former staffer Di Patston’s phone records

• <cite>REBECCA WILSON</cite>
  • <cite>THE DAILY TELEGRAPH</cite>
  • OCTOBER 27, 2014 10:00PM

FORMER Australian Rugby Union employee Di Patston was allowed to keep her phone without her records being checked or messages deciphered when she resigned her job in sensational circumstances several weeks ago.

The Daily Telegraph can also exclusively reveal that the controversial second message, alleged by ARU boss Bill Pulver to have been sent by Kurtley Beale, was not sent to a single Wallabies player on the What’sApp software.

Beale was on Friday fined $45,000 for sending the first lewd text message in June via What’s App to his Wallabies teammates. He inadvertently sent it to Patston.

Although Patston told Pulver that the second message was also sent by Beale to the players, IT experts and the players themselves have confirmed that no such second message was registered on What’s App.

The phone records from Patston’s phone have never been checked in the same forensic manner as Beale’s.

Those experts spent four hours deciphering the messages and matching them up to Beale’s phone written phone records.

Remarkably, Pulver refused to take Patston’s phone back or ask for similar checks on her phone even though Beale’s future was in the balance. Those experts who saw both messages confirmed they had not come from the same phone and that the composition, colour tones and clarity of the images were different.

Patston spoke to The Australian newspaper on Sunday where she referred to confidential legal documents from Beale’s legal team which the ARU sent to Patston last week, even though she is no longer an employee and did not appear at the ARU tribunal on Friday.

Instead of facing the panel hearing and making her allegations in front of the tribunal, Patston opted for a newspaper interview with a rugby union reporter. Senior legal experts contacted by The Daily Telegraph on Monday claimed Patston had no legal right to sight the documents and the ARU should not have provided her with the confidential statements contained within those documents.

The Daily Telegraph understands Patston is pursuing legal action against the ARU for damages, in a similar vein to her action against the Queensland council she worked for before joining the Queensland Rugby Union. She received an undisclosed payout from the council for a spider bite she claimed occurred on the job.

Pulver refused to answer a list of questions submitted by The Daily Telegraph on Monday. Why he did not double check Patston’s statement when she made the serious allegations against Beale remains unknown.

Rugby insiders confirmed on Monday that Pulver had been warned by senior Queensland Rugby Union officials, where Patston was previously employed, not to hire the former secretary and council administrative officer. In spite of the warnings, Patston’s role with the Wallabies grew from Ewen McKenzie’s personal assistant to business manager of the team.

Pulver signed a three-year deal with the Wallabies in January, 2013. He will earn himself a 12-month payout if he survives in the job until January 2015, something that looks less and less likely given his management of recent events.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...104039801?nk=dd056f50c098cf93c7d87c3d0868b7d1

Lots of questionable stuff still going on here. I understand that since Di wasn't accused of anything then I suppose there was no need to investigate her or search her phone, other than it could be used to confirm or disprove the allegations against Beale. From this it sounds like Pulver was keen on supporting Di without question, and without her having to prove the charges against Beale. And I just don't get the ARU sending her confidential documents if she wasn't involved in the tribunal. It all sounds very fishy to me.

das

Yeah, I hate to say it, but Patston does sound like a very unsavoury character... Beale may be a moron, but she sure sounds like a right pain to work with. I also think she's a bloody dreadful manager who actually does her gender a disservice by the way she's conducted herself here, helping fuel generalisations of women in the workplace as not being in control of their emotions and unable to handle pressure with two instances where she was "crying for hours" as a result of confrontations.

Now, at the risk of sounding insensitive, I have to say I just think that's a bad look for a senior manager. My sister is a deputy executive for a large organisation and she's had to deal with **** WAY worse than Patston has been confronted with here, but she doesn't break down and bloody cry - she gets angry for sure, but she deals with inappropriate insubordination coolly and mercilessly.

Wow...I'd like to know how much of this is factual...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...104039801?nk=dd056f50c098cf93c7d87c3d0868b7d1

Lots of questionable stuff still going on here. I understand that since Di wasn't accused of anything then I suppose there was no need to investigate her or search her phone, other than it could be used to confirm or disprove the allegations against Beale. From this it sounds like Pulver was keen on supporting Di without question, and without her having to prove the charges against Beale. And I just don't get the ARU sending her confidential documents if she wasn't involved in the tribunal. It all sounds very fishy to me.

das

The way I see it is that the ARU wanted to get this over and done with very quickly. It would have been a waste of money, time and resources to check both phones for the same thing. Beale admitted that he sent a message to Patston. And the Forensic expert was used just to confirm it.

As for the confidential documents being sent to her, it might have been a bad move yes, but she had a right to know the outcome as the complainant and the foundings made by the tribunal. For her to exploit it, is the problem. But then again, if there wasn't a confidentiality agreement, then nothing prevents her from leaking the information, even if the document itself is confidential. My guess is that the ARU wanted it to be leaked.

Just a couple of points:

1. How do you forensically analyse the wrong phone?

Interpreting Whatsapp records (deletable) and phone bills (meta data) is one thing, but I haven't heard anything about analysing flash drives within Kurtley's original phone, for example. And now we read in the Australian that in fact Beale had reported losing not just one, but two phones since the texts happened. How much of Beale's evidence was based on what was in his original phone from June?

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/beale-saga-three-simple-questions/

The way I see it is that the ARU wanted to get this over and done with very quickly. It would have been a waste of money, time and resources to check both phones for the same thing. Beale admitted that he sent a message to Patston. And the Forensic expert was used just to confirm it.

But here's the thing about that...

Beale admitted to the first picture and text exchange, but supposedly there was a SECOND, more offensive picture/text sent to the players, one which Di and Pulver claimed was sent by Beale. That's the one the forensic guys were really checking for, and which they proved did not come from Beale (I believe they also found no evidence of it being sent to other players). Had it been sent by Beale he may then have suffered a more severe punishment.

So, the question is this - where did this SECOND picture/text come from? Did Di fabricate it in order to strengthen her case against Beale? I guess we'll never know because if said text does exist, it seems to exist ONLY on Di's phone, which hasn't been turned over for analysis.

See...that's where the whole thing starts smelling like a big pile of stinky fish to me.

das

Last edited:

Latest posts