Lancaster wants consistant quality - no time for Flashy inconsistency

Geordie

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Newcastle RU
Not surprising considering his selections. Myler, Barrett and Clarke. Couldn't get much more boring than that.

My thoughts are that consistency is very important, but none of the players mentioned above are consistently world class players, or ever have the potential to be.

Lancaster hinted that Brad Barritt and Kyle Eastmond would be England's starting centres against New Zealand at Twickenham on 8 November.

there we go.

Wonder if it will be Brad at 13.

the one thing i would say about SL is that when he talks I listen, i seldom read something said by him or watch an interview and think he's talking out his 'arris! I always think, "well, yes that makes sense"

Last edited:
He seems to prefer Eastmond at 12 so maybe he sees him as the flash ?

Yes thats the curious part isnt Maverick. I too see him as a player who can do that bit of magic, but also as a player of potential risk defensively due to size, which would seem to against what Lancaster is hinting at in his interview.

I think I said it in the other thread - I wouldn't be unhappy with that centre pairing, as long as Brad can actually use the space he will inevitably be put into.

Kyle is pretty damn consistent though - Bath aren't necessarily, but he is, on the whole.

How on earth does 12T fit into this new regime of consistency? Or, for that matter, to borrow Olyy's suggestion, does Youngs escape execution by Wigglesworth?

I have a feeling 36 only survived because Manu got injured.

Still irritated that we haven't brought in any young SH's - I think it would be good to start bringing them into the environment.
Robson first, then Spencer/Cook dependent on form. For post RWC.

He really needed to step up this season - he was in danger of being an academy kid that never kicked on.
He's a very enthusiastic player (and person from what I can tell) - at the moment he's a way behind Robson, but we'll see where he stands at the end of the season.

Spencer is also getting **** all game time. Really ****** me off as everytime he plays he will try something new. De Kock isn't the player he was 5 years ago.

Latest posts