• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Latham vs Cullen

Really? You serious? Wtf kind of question is that!! (assuming you mean Christian Cullen) lol

Ok Don't get me wrong, Latham is a great player and is probably one of the best FB's out there at the mo, but Cullen (in his prime as you said) will take Latham (in his prime too) to school all day everyday. FACT'a'MUNDO

Cullen > Latham

Still trying to get my head around as to why this question is being asked.

You should get a strong backhand for asking such a stupid question.

Obviously Cullen because he IS the greatest FB of all time.

eh thats a bit more debatable now Serge Blanco lays a very strong claim to THAT ***le

It's gota be Cullen the way he was always in support of his fellow players and his individual brilliance was only contested at the time with Lomu's power & pace.

Latham is a awesome player too but he hasn't really made the same impact as what Cullen did. Cullen scored 4 tries on debut and managed to back it up the next week scoring another 3 which I'm not too sure has ever been done before.

Anyways Cullens my pick for this one

Cullen. Not by a country mile, it's a close enough call, but there can be no confusion as to who is the more legendary player.

I would say Cullen.Much faster than Latham,but Latham might have the upper hand in defence???maybe!

Positional wise yes and yes Nidhogg Cullen is better by not a country mile but by 50 country miles

so obviously cullen then hmmm??? not much of a debate going on.

i would start it by saying good stuff about latham, but then i dont beleive it.

cullen no question!!!!!!!!

Cullen for me too, although there's three things I'll give Latham over Cullen.

1. Redistribution. Cullen could be greedy at times. Latham was/is extremely good at moving the ball to other players.

2. Kicking game. When the game sometimes called for it, Cullen was occasionally found wanting.

3. I'd give Latham a narrow victory (by a couple of percent) on defensive positional play. Once again Cullen could be occasionally found wanting, mostly due to him being so prominent on attack.

Percy Montgomery is better than both of them :)

Just kidding around guys ... chill!

f*** Sergo Blanco, Cullen is the best Full Back of all time.
[/b]

Not all too subtle are we now?

However, I do agree. Cullen is the greatest fullback of all time, probably because I have seen him play full games basically since the start of his career. I am only reduced to highlights and archives of Blanco, although I am convinced Cullen was the better player purely going by his record alone.

Blanco being from the NH, has 0% to do with it!

The man was a positional genius, gifted with the best high-ball taking abilities of his era. Turnovers were near impossible to get off this man (not so Cullen).

Serge may not have been better than Cullen overall. To say it's not a contest, well, it's sheer and utter, undiluted SH arrogance. We must give credit to the NH greats when they are surely there!

How did it feel for other teams to almost never get the ball back from a speculative kick? How did it feel to have your attacking kick run back at you and split your mid-field wide open? How did it feel to know a man had 4-5 options and any one of them would work?

The above paragraph speaks of Blanco. Find tapes, watch genius! Not always, but was Cullen?

No!

At his peak Cullen was untouchable. Latham has been brilliant but don't think he's in that class.

Latest posts