• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

'Legends' patch for rugby 06 and 08

F

Fa'atau82

Hi guys.

I had a great idea for a patch, which i think might work better on rugby 08, but could be useful on rugby 06 as well.. if anyone plays it.

Basically, if any of you remember Jonah Lomu Rugby around 1995 on Playstation, the game had an interesting idea for the rosters, which was a 'Legends XV' for all of the teams. So, for example, you'd have Jonah Lomu, Michael Jones and Sean Fitzpatrick in the same team, and the same for the other teams.

This is a very possible and easy patch for 06 and 08, and i'd like to see if anyone is interested in this.

Rugby 08 has some kind of classic replay option where you can play as older teams, like the 2003 RWC final for example and last i heard, it was fully editable.

I plan to make a patch for rugby 06, with old style kits. This would be incredibly easy and you can play with all the old superstars.

I'd just need help in compiling an accurate 30-man squad for each team, allowing for current stars too.

There'd be 16 teams who would are.. England, France, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, NZ, SA, Australia, Italy, Argentina, Samoa, Fiji and Canada.

I need help to compile the definitive lists. Could be some difficult selections for the top teams.

Here is what i have so far.. (in no particular order)

WESTERN SAMOA

1 Census Johnson

2 Trevor Leota

3 Peter Fatialofa

4 Daniel Leo

5 Filipo Levi

6 Junior Paramore

7 Apollo Perelini

8 Pat Lam ©

9 Steven So'oialo

10 Stephen Bachop

11 Alesana Tuilagi

12 Frank Bunce

13 Brian Lima

14 Va'aiga Tuigamala

15 Matthew Vaea

16 Mike Umaga

17 Lio Falaniko

18 Silao Vaeaga

19 Terry Fanolua

20 Dominic Fe'aunati

21 Simo Sititi

22 Brian Lima

23 George Leaupepe

24 Earl Va'a

25 Justin Va'a

26 Lome Fa'atau

27 Notise Tauafao

28 Fereti Tuilagi

29 Kas Lealamanua

30 Mahonri Schwalger

Need some more stars from 1991 and 1995.

FIJI

1 Epeli Naituiva

2 Greg Smith ©

3 Joeli Veitayaki

4 Iferemi Rawaqa

5 Iferemi Tawake

6 Alifereti Doviverata

7 Ilivasi Tabua

9 Moses Rauluni

10 Waisale Serevi

11 Marika Vunibaka

13 Viliame Satala

14 Rupeni Caucaunibuca

15 Norman Ligairi

16 Simon Raiwalui

17 Jacob Rauluni

18 Fesu Lasagavibau

19 Nicky Little

20 Akapusi Qera

21 Lawrence Little

23 Vilimonu Delasau

24 Manasa Bari

25 Alfie Uluinayau

26 Bill Gadolo

30 I. Rasila

haha i didnt know frank bunce played for samoa :) but you have to have him and him in the all blacks, paired with walter little.

the all blacks team would be pretty hard, and i am sure other people out there have a better idea than me, but since i am up at 2am ill do my top 15 with a couple of extras.

olo brown
sean fitzpatrick
craig dowd
ian jones
chris jack
michael jones (unless the game is played on a sundy :) )
Zinzan Brooke
Josh Kronfield (i know he played 7, sue me :D)
Justin Marshall
Andrew Mehrtens
Jonah Lomu
Walter Little
Frank Bunce
John Kirwin
John Schester

extras
Dan Carter
Grant Fox
Joe Rockococo
David Kirk
Christian Cullen
Ali Williams

thats just a few i can think of off the top of my head

What a great idea!

South Africa:

1 Os du Randt
2 James Dalton
3 Ollie le Roux
4 Crano Otto
5 Mark Andrews
6 Francios Pienaar
7 Andre Venter
8 Gary Teichman
9 Joost van der Westhuizen
10 Henry Honiball
11 Chester Williams
12 Pieter Muller
13 Andre Snyman
14 James Small
15 Andre Joubert

Reserves
16 Hennie le Roux
17 Joel Stransky
18 Japie Mulder

Thinking about the rest.............

Damn Woosaah....What about Jeff Wilson!!!?? He's my all time great All Black. :)

Correct spelling: 4 - Krynauw Otto

19 - Ruben Kruger
20 - Pieter Hendriks
21 - Werner Swanepoel
22 - Johan Roux

Thats an "old" all time team excluding the current Legends!

Correct spelling: 4 - Krynauw Otto

19 - Russie Erasmus
20 - Ruben Kruger
21 - Werner Swanepoel
22 - Naka Drotske

And I'd rather change Joel Stransky for Jannie de Beer but thats just my opinion.

Thats an "old" all time team excluding the current Legends!

Other players:
Robbie Fleck
Bobbie Skinstad
Adriaan Garvey
Stefan Terblanche

yeah !!!! i've been waiting for such a topic for ages (since rugby 06 in fact) !!!

i've done such things for PES on playstation, doing about 20 classic teams.

the problem for rugby 08 is that every player in these teams are star players. i was wondering if its possible to duplicate star players in the game. it seems there are three types of them : impact, kicker and runner ...

i could help a bit for france

1.califano
2.ibanez
3.marconnet
4.pelous
5.merle
6.benetton
7.rives
8.benazzi
9.galthié
10.lamaison
11.dominici
12.lacroix
13.sella
14.st andré
15.blanco
brouzet
n'tamack
sadourny
camberabero
dourthe
villepreux
magne
bernat salles

Scotland:

1. T. Smith
2. Bulloch
3. Sole
4. Weir
5. S. Murray
6. White
7. Macfadyen
8. Taylor
9. Nicol
10. Townsend
11. Irvine
12. S. Hastings
13. Tait
14. Lamont
15. G. Hastings

Best Team Ever :p

Wales

1. Charlie Faulkner
2. Bobby Windsor
3. Graham Price
4. Robert Norster
5. Geoff Wheel
6. Terry Cobner
7. Martyn Williams
8. Mervyn Davies
9. Gareth Edwards
10. Barry John
11. Iuean Evans
12. John Dawes
13. Gwyn Nicholls
14. Gerald Davies
15. JPR Williams

16. Dai Young
17. Garin Jenkins
18. Gareth Llewellyn
19. Terry Holmes
20. Neil Jenkins
21. JJ Williams
22. Phil Bennet

R Jonathen Davis
R J. Perkins
R Robert Jones
R Mark Ring
R Adrian Hadley
R Scott Gibbs
R Scott Quinnell
R Robert Howley

It's up to everyone who posts a team, but i wouldn't have any players from before 1987.. just to keep some continuity.

It's up to everyone who posts a team, but i wouldn't have any players from before 1987.. just to keep some continuity.
[/b]

Aww But Most of Wales's legends are 70's players :cryy:

Well, if they are the cream then so be it. :)

Doesn't say much for Wales after 1970 then!

I was thinking more a mix of 1987, 1991, 1995, 1999, 2003 and 2007 stars. Maybe there could be a welsh 70's team in the representative sides.

When will this patch be ready for download????????????
It really sounds like a good idea

Well, i have to make it first. I'd overwrite my current 2007-08 rosterand then add the old time kits as away kits, so you'd still be able to play the new roster with a new 2007-08 home kit and play the old roster with old style kits (plain kits maybe with some small logos, with old style neck and logo).

I need 14-16 team rosters.. some i can do myself, but we have to decide quickly on who to put in the teams for France, England, NZ, South Africa and Australia. The rest should be academic.. but i want them only going back to 1987, and maybe with 3 or 4 old time players, like JPR Williams.

So a typical team, like England would look like.. Guscott, Carling, Catt, Wilkinson, Leonard, Morris, Dawson, Rees, Johnson, Rodber, Bayfield etc, etc.

I will start a new topic for this, which is purely for the player discussion. Just add the 30 players who make your squad and the most popular ones will be picked. Obviously, players like Lomu, Fitzpatrick, Wood, Sella, Guscott, Campese will all be there.. its the remaing 10 reserves or so that we really need to discuss.

If anyone wants to help with kits, be my guest. I can use the same template for each kit, just change the background colours and the logo for each team.

Well, i have to make it first. I'd overwrite my current 2007-08 rosterand then add the old time kits as away kits, so you'd still be able to play the new roster with a new 2007-08 home kit and play the old roster with old style kits (plain kits maybe with some small logos, with old style neck and logo).

I need 14-16 team rosters.. some i can do myself, but we have to decide quickly on who to put in the teams for France, England, NZ, South Africa and Australia. The rest should be academic.. but i want them only going back to 1987, and maybe with 3 or 4 old time players, like JPR Williams.

So a typical team, like England would look like.. Guscott, Carling, Catt, Wilkinson, Leonard, Morris, Dawson, Rees, Johnson, Rodber, Bayfield etc, etc.

I will start a new topic for this, which is purely for the player discussion. Just add the 30 players who make your squad and the most popular ones will be picked. Obviously, players like Lomu, Fitzpatrick, Wood, Sella, Guscott, Campese will all be there.. its the remaing 10 reserves or so that we really need to discuss.

If anyone wants to help with kits, be my guest. I can use the same template for each kit, just change the background colours and the logo for each team. [/b]

i was wondering if it was possible to purely add some teams instead of replacing existing ones ? everybody will want to have their home league teams so an overwrite of existing teams will be a problem for us all.

would be cool to use ozzy's roster (when the final update is released) and then add some teams. or making a patch that would add the teams to the game, so that we wouldn't have to overwrite our rosters.

for the old players (before 87), i suggest to only use players who are in the irb rugby hall of fame.

i'd like to help for the kits but i really don't know how to do.

Scotland:

1. T. Smith
2. Bulloch
3. Sole
4. Weir
5. S. Murray
6. White
7. Macfadyen
8. Taylor
9. Nicol
10. Townsend
11. Irvine
12. S. Hastings
13. Tait
14. Lamont
15. G. Hastings
[/b]

Lamont instead of King Kenny?? ;)

here's my contribution for the Wallabies

front rowers: michael foley, andrew blades, topo rodriguez, phil kearnes, ewen mckenzie, dan crowley, richard harry

second rowers: john eales, rod mccall, troy coker, david giffin

back row: simon poidevan, willy ofahengaue, david wilson, owen finegan, toutai kefu

scrum halves: nick farr-jones, george gregan

fly halves: michael lynagh, stephen larkham

wingers: David campese, joe roff, ben tune

centres: andrew slack, tim horan, jason little, dan herbert, nathan grey

full backs: matthew burke, marty roebuck

Olo Brown
Sean Fitzpatrick ( C)
Craig Dowd
Andy Haden
Brian Lockhore
Colin Meads/Graham Mourie
Michael Jones
Zinzan Brooke
David Kirk (VC)
Grant Fox (GK)
Jonah Lomu
Daniel Carter (P) (I know he's 10, can't remember any GREAT 2nd 5/8)
Joe Stanley/Frank Bunce/Tana Umaga
John Kirwin
Christian Cullen/George Nepia/John Gallagher

Bench:

16. Carl Hayman
17. Kevin Mealamu
18. Alan Whetton/Chris Jack
19. Josh Kronfeld/Richie McCaw
20. Andrew Merhtens
21. Gavin Williams/Stu Wilson/Joe Rocokoko
22. Justin Marshall

Yeah but not a fan of him and Little & I never really heard any great stories about old school 2nd 5s from the older generation. I'll stick with Carter there unless someone else knows anyone else.

Olo Brown
Sean Fitzpatrick ( C)
Craig Dowd
Andy Haden
Brian Lockhore
Colin Meads/Graham Mourie
Michael Jones
Zinzan Brooke
David Kirk (VC)
Grant Fox (GK)
Jonah Lomu
Daniel Carter (P) (I know he's 10, can't remember any GREAT 2nd 5/8)
Joe Stanley/Frank Bunce/Tana Umaga
John Kirwin
Christian Cullen/George Nepia/John Gallagher

Bench:

16. Carl Hayman
17. Kevin Mealamu
18. Alan Whetton/Chris Jack
19. Josh Kronfeld/Richie McCaw
20. Andrew Merhtens
21. Gavin Williams/Stu Wilson/Joe Rocokoko
22. Justin Marshall [/b]

i would use kronfeld, marshall and merthens + jeff wilson on the starting lineup

Latest posts