• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 LEGENDS MOD ~ The Teams.

W

Woldog

I was wondering if people would like to give me their thoughts on their countries respective legends teams, as I am creating the LEGENDS roster now, Legends can be anyone from 1985 - 2002 (I will make allowances for players who were particularly outstanding if they were before 1985, that said try not to go back to say the 1930s....), basically anyone who was a stand out player or had a long career (Over 40-50 tests for their country.) (Fa'atau, can also use this for his 06 counterpart.)

So far I have completed the Australian Legends team and will post the team I selected once I have checked it over a bit more.

So post your thoughts on who should be included in any countries international team that you see fit, be sure to include at least 22 players and up to 30 players, don't pick players who aren't Legends i.e. Jonah Lomu = Legend, Ma'a Nonu is not, Stephen Larkham = Legend, Berrick Barnes is not.
Do not turn this topic into a flame war about who is the better player. One more thing please try to include full names, so I don't stuff up and mix D Wilson with Dave Wilson or David Wilson or Darren Wilson or Derick Wilson or.. you get the point.

Teams that will be hotly contested in my view:

All Blacks: no one ever agrees on who is better, in the end I will research each player you suggest and in the end my judgment is final, you can always update the roster yourself.

England

South Africa

France: CHABAL!!!!!

Wales: Because they all wear armor...

For you lazy sods:

I've completed the starting 15 for the Australian Legends side,
AustraliaXV.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Apr 22 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've completed the starting 15 for the Australian Legends side,
AustraliaXV.jpg
[/b]

Hey bro cool thread,

Your Wallabies starting XV looks pretty much set besides centre, with Stirling Mortlock there instead.
The Timmy Horan to Jason Little special was the best Oz midfield for yages but Stirlo is definitely more of a legend.

I will holla with an ABs team next time

Word to your mother

I agree that Stirling should be in their, but the chemistry that Little and Horan was unbeatable, I have yet to go through and do the reserves for Australia so far I have just done the Starting XV.

Yup see where your coming from..
Its like splitting the Walter Little to Frank Bunce partnership by putting Umaga in there
... Although that would be a tantalising midfield

Me n the boys still discussing the ABs Legends team will add soon

take out Horan and put on bench in place of Mortlock? any one else got any ideas (other teams, changes to the Aus XV, etc)?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mangoman100 @ Apr 24 2009, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
take out Horan and put on bench in place of Mortlock? any one else got any ideas (other teams, changes to the Aus XV, etc)?[/b]

Horan was a much better center than Mortlock, as of now Mortlock is retaining the number 21 jersey.

gota have lomu and merhtens in the all blacks lineup. as well as kirk at halfback, since hes the only all black to captain to win the world cup

http://allblacks.com/index.cfm?layout=disp...ewsArticle=9800

their XV as of 1984 - 2008 is basically

Back 3 - Cullen, Kirwan and Wilson
Centers - Bunce and Warwick
Halves - Carter and Marshall
Loosies - Shelford, McCaw and M. Jones
Locks - I. Jones and Whetton
Front Row - Hayman, Fitzpatrick and O. Brown

reserves Dalton, McDowell, A. Williams, Brooke, Bachop, Mehrtens and Howlett.

Im sure thats it

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Apr 24 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
http://allblacks.com/index.cfm?layout=disp...ewsArticle=9800

their XV as of 1984 - 2008 is basically

Back 3 - Cullen, Kirwan and Wilson
Centers - Bunce and Warwick
Halves - Carter and Marshall
Loosies - Shelford, McCaw and M. Jones
Locks - I. Jones and Whetton
Front Row - Hayman, Fitzpatrick and O. Brown

reserves Dalton, McDowell, A. Williams, Brooke, Bachop, Mehrtens and Howlett.

Im sure thats it[/b]
I'd have Jonah in the back for Wilson and I'm not sure who Warwick is and Marshall is balls. Got the loosies bang on that'll be a hell of a trio to go up against. That whole forward pack looks pretty damn powerful except maybe I.Jones but he makes up with pure skills.

SPRINGBOK LEGENDS

15. ANDRE LE ROUX
14. RAY MORDT
13. DANIE GERBER
12. MANNETJIES ROUX
11. BRYAN HABANA
10. NAAS BOTHA
9. JOOST VAN DER WESTHUIZEN
8. GARY TEICHMAN
7. RUBEN KRUGER
6. FRANCOIS PIENAAR
5. MARK ANDREWS
4. FRIK DU PREEZ
3. DAAN DU PLESSIS
2. WILLIE KHATZ
1. OS DU RANDT

I would qualify a legend on the following, either one of or several..

- Has some outstanding record, like try, goal kicking, or appearance ratio.
- Would be recognised as a player of his generation or a reputation that proceeds them.
- Has won some major silverware or was part of a historically great XV.
- Would generally have a minimum of 10 caps, or a playing career spanning at least 4 years at the top level.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Apr 30 2009, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would qualify a legend on the following, either one of or several..

- Has some outstanding record, like try, goal kicking, or appearance ratio.
- Would be recognised as a player of his generation or a reputation that proceeds them.
- Has won some major silverware or was part of a historically great XV.
- Would generally have a minimum of 10 caps, or a playing career spanning at least 4 years at the top level.[/b]

in this case shouldn't Montgomery be in the south african starting 15? Because he's the leading point scorer and has the most caps for the boks

I wouldn't put Percy as a legend, because of the way he spoke about south african (blue bull) fans...

A legend should inspire class... not show a lack thereof.

Percy also waited for 2005 to start playing good (not great) rugby, before 2005 he was a weak point in the springbok armory.

Namibia all time 15!!!

15. Percy Mongomery
6. Jaques Burger
1. Kees Lensing (Captain)

How does David Campese inspire class then? he said the Wallabies were boring once he left and every Wallaby seems to hate him.

Latest posts