G

getofmeland

<div align="center">
4.gif
Leicester Tigers v Llanelli Scarlets
21.gif
</div>

All Discussion Here!!!

Logically speaking, I want Llanelli to wipe the floor with the Tiggers, as they play far more attractive rugby and I can't stand Leicester.

On the other hand I would love Saints to defy the odds and get the chance to go head to head with Tigers at Twickenham. The atmosphere would be one to remember no matter what the result if that match took place.

C'mon SCARLETS!!!! :D :D :D :D
[/b]
Yip.

If Llanelli do a job on Leicester, then Wales are looking good in 6 months time. If Leicester do it in style, then things are looking better for England - but maybe not soon enough.

Saints and Wasps are just clubs - Scarlets and Tigers are bigger than that.

So ... C'mon SCARLETS!!!!

<div class='quotemain'>
C'mon SCARLETS!!!! :D :D :D :D
[/b]
Yip.

If Llanelli do a job on Leicester, then Wales are looking good in 6 months time. If Leicester do it in style, then things are looking better for England - but maybe not soon enough.

So ... C'mon SCARLETS!!!!
[/b][/quote]
I wish I could believe that but sadly I can't. Scarlets were performing well before the Six Nations and so were the ospreys (The two teams with most welsh internationals). Against Ulster and Toulouse the Scarlets were superb, and when the Ospreys beat Sale in Edgeley park, things looked pretty good for wales' six nations. We all know how that turned out :( so here's to hoping that our Six Nations form was a fluke and Gareth Jenkins will sort out the team (and maybe himself) come the RWC.

[/b]
Great line. Plus rep :)

I would also like to note I'm going to this match :D
And it is taking place the day before my birthday, so if scarlets lose I will NOT be amused :rahh:

Managed to get tickets for this.

Lived right next to the Walkers Stadium during my first year in uni in Leberty Park Halls on Eastern Boulevard. Gonna be odd going back.

I think Scarlets have a good chance. Leicester didn't look comfertouble yesterday when Ospreys started throwing the ball around, and Scarlets will do it with alot more effect next Sat.

C'mon Scarlets!

Yeah, this should be a great battle.
Scarlets are very quick to move the ball out to the wings (something which the ospreys are seemingly allergic to) and they could really expose Leicester like that if they do. But Scarlets certainly don't possess a superior back line nor pack to leicester. It's quite even. Both teams have very dangerous players.

I'd imagine the Scarlets will target Murphy defensively and should reap the rewards.

Only if murphy plays. To be honest if he is making his tackles scarlets won't mind as at least that means they will have broken first line of defence. If he misses them it may mean tries. I wouldn't read too much into Leicester's EDF final performance. They didn't have the right mentality for 20 mins of 2nd half because they were so far in front. They will expect the scarlets to throw the ball round. The key area will be the breakdown. If the scarlets get foprwards clearing out rucks like the ospreys did at times they are in business. If not they won't be able to generate the pacey game they want. All the talk is of scarlets backs, but i reckon it's their forwards who will decide whether they win/lose.

Hell yeah, we'll need the back row to play out of their skins to make up for probable bad ball at the set piece.

Hell yeah, we'll need the back row to play out of their skins to make up for probable bad ball at the set piece.
[/b]

How good is the scarlets lineout? The ospreys really struggled with poor lineout ball, but broke the tigers defence when they got good ball out from the top of the lineout. Scrums may not be too important, unless in the shadow of the posts of course.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

How good is the scarlets lineout? The ospreys really struggled with poor lineout ball, but broke the tigers defence when they got good ball out from the top of the lineout. Scrums may not be too important, unless in the shadow of the posts of course.
[/b][/quote]
Well, we lost two of our first lineouts (I think) against Munster, and from there on I think the lineout was fine. Our scrum is pretty good aswell, enough to turn over the ball twice against Munster. But Leicester are a stronger side than Munster, so we'll have to see how the boys will do on the day :)

Matthew Rees seems to forget how to throw the ball on somedays.
I can't believe how inconsistent he can be at times.
Sometimes he always finds his mark, other times the man couldn't hit water whilst in the middle of the atlantic!

Matthew Rees seems to forget how to throw the ball on somedays.
I can't believe how inconsistent he can be at times.
Sometimes he always finds his mark, other times the man couldn't hit water whilst in the middle of the atlantic!
[/b]

I'm hoping he goes with the couldn't hit water in the atlantic approach.

Mathew Rees has been improving hugely over the last 6 months, I'd proberly say along with Alun Wyn he's the most improved Welsh player. His throwing can sometimes be wayward, if he misses one he'll normally miss the next aswell. He's alot better for Scarlets than for Wales with his throwing, more training with the jumpers etc. In the loose, I can't think of many hookers that come close and he's improving that side of his game with every appearance.

The Scarlets scrum is generally solid. Adam Jones was the Ospreys archilis heel in the scrum, dunno what's happened to the boy. Leicester will have the slight edge in the scrums, but not enough to disrupt the Scarlets.

As always it's in the backs that Scarlets will win the game, Regan King being the difference again, with the help of a statuatory Dafydd James try.

Unless there is a 5m scrum and penalty try situation i don't think the scrum will be too important. Leicester's scrum was awesome against Munster, but it was in conditions where it really mattered. We're not expecting those conditions for this weekend.

Latest posts