Leicester Tigers v Scarlets

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
17/10/2010 @ 15:00, Welford Road (Sky Sports)

pool5.jpg

Beware a confident Scarlets side! Any team that can attack like the Scarlets did again Perpignan have a chance, even away from home. I'm expecting Jonathan Davies to be back (although there's been no news yet), so that should sure up the defense a little, not to mention improve the attacking thread even further!

Tigers should probably win as they will dominate scrum time and have a much better defense, but Scarlets will go into this game with a nothing to loose mentality. Could be another cracker.

I'd like to see:

10 Flood
12 Twelvetrees
13 Smith

Leicester's defence will still be a bit iffy, but those three can make breaks.

Jon Davies said on Twitter he'll be back this weekend. Hopefully the Scarlets can get the ball away from contact and the Leiecster forwards and give them a torrid time in defence.

Scarlets will be going up against probably the strongest scrum in the AP, so it'll be interesting to see how Manu et al. stand up to it

Scarlets have a great chance to pinch this one. Tigers defence is really poor so far, while Flood is either out (in which Twelvetrees will be doing a job he's clearly not capable of) or just back from injury so nowhere near his best. Tigers defence is poor atm while Scarlets are really quite dazzling in attack.

Welshists by 5.

It will certainly help the turks to have Jonathan Davies back, shame George North is still out.
Any word on his injury?

From what I hear he'll be out for a month or two, though don't hold me to that. It did't look like a serious injury, so I hope he's back much before then. Sotddard and Lamont both had great games against Perpignan though, so more of that please :)

Stoddart might be more comfortable on the wing than fullback.
He is a good attacker, but rather poor in defence.
No doubt Priestland will keep Daniel Evans out of the 15 jersey for the next match.

So would North be out of the AIs? Stoddart has to be a winger, right? He can't tackle or kick and his positioning is poor; but he can break a line.

Appears that way, which is a bit unfortunate, as I think he had a decent chance of making the squad (if Gatland gave him a similar chance that he did with Prydie anyway).

Spot on Cyril, Stoddard should only be considered a winger from now on, and with Priestland, Dan Evans and Fenby now infront of him in the fullback pecking order I'm sure his only opportunities will come on the wing. Hope he can keep fit so we can see what he's really capable of.

So would North be out of the AIs? Stoddart has to be a winger, right? He can't tackle or kick and his positioning is poor; but he can break a line.

Bare requirements for being a winger, but Stoddart passes. Always figured he'd do better there.
Too early for North to play for Wales, IMHO. He has played well for the Scarlets, but I don't see how three months of professional rugby is enough to judge a player for international level. (*cough* Prydie..)

Even in the 7s Prydie looks a little raw ... needs some game time at regional level.

Even in the 7s Prydie looks a little raw ... needs some game time at regional level.
He is playing pretty well for the All Whites last I heard. Didn't know he was a goal kicker until recently (random fact, just found it interesting)

I think I'm gonna go watch this game if tickets are still available tonight. Bought a car on Wed, so now Leicester is less than an hour away. Went to watch Scarlets v Leicester in the HC quarters/semi's a few years ago, hopefully the Scarlets do better this time!

15. Geordan Murphy, 14. Scott Hamilton, 13. Matt Smith, 12. Anthony Allen, 11. Alesana Tuilagi, 10. Toby Flood, 9. Ben Youngs, 1. Marcos Ayerza, 2. George Chuter, 3. Martin Castrogiovanni, 4. Ed Slater, 5. George Skivington, 6. Tom Croft, 7. Craig Newby, 8. Thomas Waldrom,
16. Rob Hawkins, 17. Boris Stankovich, 18. Dan Cole, 19. Steve Mafi, 20. Ben Woods, 21. James Grindal, 22. Billy Twelvetrees, 23. Manu Tuilagi,

15. Rhys Priestland, 14. Morgan Stoddart, 13. Regan King, 12. Gareth Maule, 11. Sean Lamont, 10. Stephen Jones, 9. Martin Roberts, 1. Iestyn Thomas, 2. Matthew Rees, 3. Rhys Thomas, 4. Lou Reed, 5. Vernon Cooper, 6. Josh Turnbull, 7. Rob McCusker, 8. David Lyons,
16. Ken Owens, 17. Rhodri Jones, 18. Deacon Manu, 19. Damian Welch, 20. Jon Edwards, 21. Tavis Knoyle, 22. Scott Williams, 23. Daniel Evans,

Having Ayerza, Flood, and Waldrom back will give a bit more go-fowardness, and Manu to rip up a tiring defence in the last 10!

This is going to be a helluva match,
Would've said that Sarries/Leinster would be the match of the weekend but Saracens bore me to tears, and Scarlets last weekend were mad, so I'm going with this one :p

Looking forward to this match.
Tigers look good, but I wouldn't write of the turks.

A loss wouldn't be totally unexpected, but I couldn't bring myself to predict it in the HC Guru. ;)

:( no Jon Davies. Maul needs another good game. Booked my tickets just now, just went for the terrace.

Latest posts