• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions Team for 2013 tour (if picking now)

the_egg_chaser

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Just a bit of fun we were having at work today. 35 man squad, if you had to pick today. Mine is as follows;

Props: A Jones, Jenkins, Healy, Sheridan, Stevens
Hookers: Rees, Hartley, Ford
Locks: Lawes, O'Connell, Gray, AW Jones
Back Row: O'Brien, Heaslip, Warburton, Wood, Croft, Faletau
Scrum Halves: Phillips, Youngs, Blair
Fly Halves: Hook, Priestland, Sexton
Centres: O'Driscoll, Roberts, Tuilagi, Farrell (wildcard)
Back 3: Foden, Ashton, North, Bowe, Halfpenny, Earls

Notable mentions to Ferris, Lydiate, Charteris, S Jones, Davies, Kearney etc etc. Potentially the squad is looking very strong, massive competition for places

What are everyone else's thoughts?

Oh no... 2 whole years of it...
notamused.gif

This thread really is like clockwork. A new one appears every month.

I've gotta comment on a few of the players the OP selected. Sheridan is injured and possibly finished at international level. There must be better options than Stevens. Charteris would have to be included on WC form, although he is currently injured. Lydiate would be a must in my books, especially over an out of form Croft. Youngs is massively off-form. I'm not sure O'Driscoll will make it, not with England finally picking decent centres, and the amount of centres coming through in the Welsh set-up. Jury's out on Farrell, someone like Jon Davies deserves it more on current form. Kearney is also in great form for Leinster and at the moment it would be massively tight between him, Halfpenny and Foden for the fullback berth, with all three in great form.

Ultimately. This is one year where there is bugger all point trying to guess who will tour with the Lions. With England in the process of massive changes, and some uncertainty surrounding certain older Irish players, it might possibly be all change between now and then. The Welsh players are probably the easiest to predict, with the likes of Adam, Jenkins (if he can keep fit), Rees, Alun-Wyn, Charteris, Lydiate, Warburton, Faletau, Phillips, Priestland, Roberts, Davies, North and Halfpenny all currently up there with the best in Britain and Ireland, alot of them will probably tour. There;s still always potential for someone new to burt onto the scene. Ashley Beck for instance could realistically have an impact on this years 6 nations if he get's a chance and can transfer his regional form.

It is all irrelevant at this stage. This time 4 years ago Ryan Jones was being touted by loads of people as the Lions captain; by the time the tour came around he didn't even make the squad.

IMO Ferris or Kaino is the best 6 in the world I'd pick Ferris cause I'm Irish and he looks like a mass murderer.

marvel comics rugby XV (now there's an idea ;) )
1. Juggernaut
2. The Thing
3. The Hulk
4. Iron Man (lineout jumping)
5. Mr Fantastic (lineout reaching)
6. Thor
7. Wolverine
8. Luke Cage
9. Hawkeye
10. Trickshot
11. Human Torch
12. Nick Fury
13. Captain America
14. Deadpool
15. Spiderman

It has to be said, leaving Ferris out in favour of any of the backrows in your squad, with the exception of maybe Warburton, is genuine madness. Also, not only would Rory Best be in the squad if it were being picked right now but he would almost certainly start.

1. Juggernaut
2. The Thing
3. The Hulk
6. Thor
7. Wolverine
8. Luke Cage
9. Hawkeye
10. Trickshot
11. Human Torch
12. Nick Fury
13. Captain America
14. Deadpool
15. Spiderman

clap.gif

I dunno if I'd trust trickshot to handle himself in the big games. Bit of the Quade Coopers about him....

1. Juggernaut
2. The Thing
3. The Hulk
6. Thor
7. Wolverine
8. Luke Cage
9. Ed Fairhurst
10. Trickshot
11. Human Torch
12. Nick Fury
13. Captain America
14. Deadpool
15. Spiderman

There, fixed.

if being a fool isn't taken into consideration i would send care instead of youngs

conor murray at scrum half should be their he will really show how good he is this six nations trust me.

conor murray at scrum half should be their he will really show how good he is this six nations trust me.

Dunno bout that. Murray's played quite well over the last year but I think the Irish media and public have hyped him up because he's young. He's had a couple of dire performances for Munster this season. He can be a bit timid at the back of the rucks. He doesn't dig for the ball, he waits until it is presented to him so ball can often be slow with him at scrumhalf.

1. Juggernaut
2. The Thing
3. The Hulk
6. Thor
7. Wolverine
8. Luke Cage
9. Hawkeye
10. Trickshot
11. Human Torch
12. Nick Fury
13. Captain America
14. Deadpool
15. Spiderman

You left out The Flash on the wing. Big mistake. He's the fastest man in the world.

Latest posts