• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions vs Chiefs

M

mike-o-l

What a game by the Lions. Earl Rose really made up for his poor performance against the 'canes. Jonker really did well filling in for Vermaak. Big Joe Pummeled at the Chiefs defense. Fourie really has made a huge difference in the Lions mentality.Heinke van der Merwe really welcomed the Chiefs. May's Red was crucial, giving the Lions the advantage and ruiling out Messaga's Try. This loss has more or less ruined their chances of making it to the Semi-Finals

Lions 33-27Chiefs

Scorers

For the Lions:
Tries: Jonck, Alberts, Grobbelaar
Cons: Rose 3
Pens: Rose 4
Drops:

For the Chiefs:
Tries: de Malmanche, Masaga, Muliaina
Cons: Donald 3
Pens: Donald 2

Yellow card: Earl Rose (Lions)

Red card: May (Chiefs -64th minute- foul play)

I couldnt believe the result but good on the Lions, after what Fitzpatrick said about their crap performance last week they must have really rose to the occasion. Apparently they were winning by alot more as well until a few consolation tries. Looks like the Chiefs are out, hope they dont just give in against the Sharks next week.

The Lions were about 14 - 33 ahead at the 78th minute, really just screwed up near the end.

Fourie played out of his skin for his first game of the season.

The Lions were about 14 - 33 ahead at the 78th minute, really just screwed up near the end.

Fourie played out of his skin for his first game of the season.
[/b]

Typical Jacque :bravo: an awesome centre with a winger strike rate. Amazing how his comeback sparked by far their best performance of the season.

i think the lions played well, and the chiefs played **** in terms of lineouts and every time they sparked something, they'd screw it up with a knock on. plus losing lauaki and sivivatu early didn't help.

i'm annoyed about this face stomping business, as masaga had a try denied (and got a punch in the side of the head from the lions player), then may gets carded for something that wasn't shown on tv, and then they don't show a replay of it. i really want to see what he got carded for, is it too much to ask?

anyway, if the chiefs deserved to be in the top 4 they would have beaten the lions 27-0. pretty dissapointed in them at the moment, beating the top team and getting beaten by the bottom team :(

I think the Chiefs are gone aye, really wanted them to be in the top 4, but what yah gonna doooo.

Ugh, Stu Dickinson.

I'm getting tired of games dictated by bad decisions.

I you watch the stomping incidence you will see that the guy was on the side of a rock with his face on the Chiefs side and May, as he stated, wasn't looking.

Ugh, Stu Dickinson.

I'm getting tired of games dictated by bad decisions.

I you watch the stomping incidence you will see that the guy was on the side of a rock with his face on the Chiefs side and May, as he stated, wasn't looking. [/b]

i think it's crap considering masaga got punched in the face and his try not awarded because of the "stomping", then they don't even have the balls to replay it.

They did replay it, although the footage was pretty grainy. May wasn't looking down at the moment he stomped on Joe's face but he was just seconds prior so he almost definitely knew exactly where his boot was landing. Red card was certainly deserved.

They did replay it, although the footage was pretty grainy. May wasn't looking down at the moment he stomped on Joe's face but he was just seconds prior so he almost definitely knew exactly where his boot was landing. Red card was certainly deserved. [/b]

fox replayed the game here today at 4PM, so i eventually got to see the whole game and the grainy replay. there was obvious contact but to me it didn't look like an intentional stomp and i think the quality of the footage was inconclusive. anyway, not for me to worry about anymore

Latest posts