• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Los Lover

Originally posted by sambad5+Dec 11 2005, 08:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sambad5 @ Dec 11 2005, 08:40 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Dec 11 2005, 06:59 PM
St Helens does not like people disagreeing with him, he does seem a bit trigger happy and touchy at times you must admit.

Please dont beat me.
haha, i think your treading on thin ice. better change your post before he sees it [/b]
yea change it before he bans ya!
<
<

Nah, Ripper has the power to be a disturbance.
<

Staff can abuse other staff, surely.
<

f*** this.

I quit.

I do my best to take this forum forward and nobody appreciates it, so I quit. I will stick around as a member but I will be relinquishing my admin and mod duties because I refuse to take abuse, cheap pops and general grief.

I tried my best. Not enough obviously. Good luck to Dom, Umo, JJ and NZL Fan for the future - you're going to need it.

Brett, you're a complete tosser who has nothing useful to contribute whatsoever, save following me around forums and moaning about the fact that I told you I've played RC06 and it won't be worse than Rugby 06. I've no doubt that you have a copy of every EA game hid under your pillow, good for you.

cmon now st helens

you cant live a day without deleting just one of my posts...dont be silly

stay on board

Originally posted by Brett@Dec 11 2005, 07:31 AM
Now, i am not attacking SHRLFC but i am merely siding on Los Lover in the fact that maybe he was very harsh towars other users but the some of the mods on this forum most stop being such tight arses and start maturing into what they supposed to do. Keep forums happy and interesting. Kicking somebody out (especially a "character" such as Los Lover) doesn't do great because even if some people hate him they might start to miss his arguments and arguing with him.
There is a difference between being a character and a moron. Captain America is a character, Los Lover was an egotistical moron who didn't know when to stop... don't defend him.

Don't risk carpal tunnel syndrome on that moron Sanzar, his lack of awareness of everything is breathtaking!

if you decide to leave as mod, then im sure alot of people will leave too, i appreciate what youre trying to do, and im sure the majority do as well, you should stary as admin.

it shouldn't matter a **** who the staff are, provided they're not gobshites like Los was, there seems to be too many efforts to enforce rules, there needs to be a more relaxed approach, not announcing rules every other post, if topics go off track let them, it's not the most difficult thing in the world to quote something from earlier and let it get back on topic, rather than closing it and people just not giving a **** to restart the same post. Some of the funniest posts on this site are when people go off topic.

There's too much of an us v them type of mentality and that needs to be lost otherwise new members just won't be bothered joining.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Dec 12 2005, 05:18 AM
it shouldn't matter a **** who the staff are, provided they're not gobshites like Los was, there seems to be too many efforts to enforce rules, there needs to be a more relaxed approach, not announcing rules every other post, if topics go off track let them, it's not the most difficult thing in the world to quote something from earlier and let it get back on topic, rather than closing it and people just not giving a **** to restart the same post. Some of the funniest posts on this site are when people go off topic.

There's too much of an us v them type of mentality and that needs to be lost otherwise new members just won't be bothered joining.
Well spoken An Tarbh............I concur with just about everything you've said.....

All this time we have been on this forum and this must be the first post of yours that I agree with
<

.........everybody chill.......... seems to be whats needed.....

I hope ya joking St............bout leaving.....we all make mistakes......we just have to think and reflect about where we may think we are going wrong........otherwise we will keep doing the same stuff ups over and over again.........

I used to coach........and did some seriously stupid things in my early days.......players were walking out and all, calling me an arrogant prick
<
....but I loved coaching enough and always believed I could make a successful team one day who were happy...............took less than ten years but eventually it happened.

The bottom line St is that I know you want this forum to work........that is the same bottom line that Chiro has, Kaftka has, Wally, AK47, C.A, blah blah blah................and believe it or not....even Los...............yes even Los wants to forum to grow into a place that we are dying to come to everyday for help with all rugby and related matters.....

It is only our personality clashes which cause these friction issues in TRF. Our fights (which happens) need to STAY in PM. On the public board we need to be more hospitable.

mate, mate, mate, mate...

st.h - out of all the admins, you are the one i respect the most. you cant leave/resign, anything. its just fun to give you **** lol. but im sure you can handle it. just like how you use to have that eric hitler avatar back in the day. its just a step up from that.

but looking in retrospect, you have taken more than your fair share of flack over the last couple of moons, and i for one, am going to lay off... my appologies.

anyway - dont take notice of brett, someone who has been here for so little time, proberly hasnt found the ropes in terms of respect etc, and if he becomes a regular, i would hate for this to become a difinative moment in his time here.

los was a prick too. he made a producer of a game leave. thats big. one of the things that would attract people to the forum is knowing that we have connections with swordfish and sidhe. he has "single handedly halfed our intake of members"... well... potentially... sort of...

I agree.

Staff members are here to help, and whether they like it or not they have to put up with some stick, but action must be made if it is to cross a line.

Dan, Ban Brett, even if it is for like a day or so.

Nice commments everyone, apart from "she or cannot be named"

<

The final story is that, Los is an arsehole and I'm guessing Brett is alot closer to Los is then we have ever been. If you not what I am getting at?

OK so Brett hasn't been here that long but if he's banned for defending Los then this place really will have gone mad, he doesn't deserve a warning let alone a ban.

I suppose when you look at it like that then I must take back what I said along them lines but, when staff members are abused and they threaten to leave when they are on the verge if not already owning the place then, TRF may go down the drain. If not passed on.

Yeah but one man doesn't make TRF, plenty of members have been and gone and yet their leaving hasn't been lamented.

Yeah, but seen as he practically own's the forum if not already he could choose to get rid of the place at any time.

True.

Dan, think things through maybe a PM asking him if he has a problem with you or something.

Know I haven't exactly been here a huge amount of time by some people's standards, but I feel I have a right to throw in my $0.02. Whilst I believe that freedom of opinion is essential to any forum, outright abuse is simply not necessary... if you wouldn't say something to someone's face then don't say it. A bit of banter is always welcome, but some people need to accept that their concept of 'harmless fun' is not necessarily shared by the majority.

Another point is regarding editing/deleting posts. I for one find it hugely frustrating when I check a thread after as little as a day to find it has descended into two people *****ing or talking about something completely off-topic... there's a whole section for that and surely it's the job of the staff to try to keep threads on topic? If you think they've gone too far, I'm sure comments are welcome, but threatening to stab their mothers etc may just be overstepping the mark. We do all make mistakes, and I'm sure that's what the warning bar and short bans are for? It's a learning process for everyone.

And finally, to keep on topic, Los was banned with clear reasons given, yet returned with the same egoistical, obnoxious and downright rude attitude that earned the initial ban and in my mind lost any shred of a claim that he should be allowed to stay. If that's the kind of 'character' people want to see then I think they may be in the wrong place...