• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lote Tuqiri sacked by ARU.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Aug 19 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jul 31 2009, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ARC was never going to work, I think people rather support the local comps. Ask Wally, at Crosby Park at Brothers has an awesome suburban feeling to it. ARC didn't.[/b]

I'd much... MUCH rather a decent national third tier competition than the amateurish local comps. we have going now...

It's tough to hang on to quality Australian players who aren't involved in the Wallaby squad after the Super 14 when they're forced to play backyard rugby...
[/b][/quote]

Look an ARC style competition will never work as long as the Super 14 is around. This expanded tournament is defiantly a step in the right direction for growing the game in this country. An extra team, another 30 contracted players, more games, an extended finals series; it's all good but when it comes down to it five Australian teams is never going to compare to 10 A-League teams, 16 NRL teams and 18 AFL teams. However the bottom line is Australia needs Super rugby to survive. There just isn't enough room in the sporting marketplace in this country for a professional all domestic rugby union competition. Look how much league is struggling, rugby would be far worse off then league. So lets just put up with what we've got, build towards more teams and use revenue to improve recruitment systems for the franchises and to bolster the amateur competitions, but they can never be more then just that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Aug 20 2009, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Aug 19 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jul 31 2009, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ARC was never going to work, I think people rather support the local comps. Ask Wally, at Crosby Park at Brothers has an awesome suburban feeling to it. ARC didn't.[/b]

I'd much... MUCH rather a decent national third tier competition than the amateurish local comps. we have going now...

It's tough to hang on to quality Australian players who aren't involved in the Wallaby squad after the Super 14 when they're forced to play backyard rugby...
[/b][/quote]

Look an ARC style competition will never work as long as the Super 14 is around. This expanded tournament is defiantly a step in the right direction for growing the game in this country. An extra team, another 30 contracted players, more games, an extended finals series; it's all good but when it comes down to it five Australian teams is never going to compare to 10 A-League teams, 16 NRL teams and 18 AFL teams. However the bottom line is Australia needs Super rugby to survive. There just isn't enough room in the sporting marketplace in this country for a professional all domestic rugby union competition. Look how much league is struggling, rugby would be far worse off then league. So lets just put up with what we've got, build towards more teams and use revenue to improve recruitment systems for the franchises and to bolster the amateur competitions, but they can never be more then just that.
[/b][/quote]

Dude the ARU have recently change the rules to allow the existing franchises to contract two players not eligable to play for the Wobblies, where exactly are you going to get 28 or so Super 14 level players from? As far as I can see the new conference system is going to backfire, I've certainly got no interest in watching a Wellington team play Auckland, Canterbury et al year in year out. Don't get me started on the rubbish the Tahs are currently turning on, first year ever in 2009 didn't go to a single S14 game.

When we get S15 think I'll spend my time supporting either the Warriors or CC Bears in the NRL.

In order to preserve the current teams' stocks I'm sure the new Australian franchise won't be limited to the two player import rule for the first few years of its inception. They may even sort out a deal with the pacific island nations and sign some talent from Europe.

Aye it's not like there isn't Aussie talent up here waiting to be exploited. Bringing back players like Brock James, Paul Warwick, Matt Henjak and Luke Rooney would add a good deal of talent and strength in depth.

Loti Tuqiri Is Off To Paris
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/tuq...i-1225766824184
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
"I'm off to France for a few days to talk to some of the clubs over there,'' Tuqiri said at Sydney Airport. "I'll let everyone know what's going on soon enough.''[/b]
814289-dtstory-lote-tuqiri.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Bayonne appear confident they will land Tuqiri, however. The emerging club don't have a huge stable of big names, and Tuqiri could attract a cult following in the rugby-mad south[/b]
It looks like Tuqiri, who just settled his case against the ARU for unfair dismissal is off to France to get a deal. The talks had been that he'd return to League, but it looks like he's after the big money that Europe, especially France, can offer. We Shall See.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Aug 24 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Aye it's not like there isn't Aussie talent up here waiting to be exploited. Bringing back players like Brock James, Paul Warwick, Matt Henjak and Luke Rooney would add a good deal of talent and strength in depth.[/b]

Uhmmm then why exactly haven't they come home to fill the gaps in the existing four franchises? Once again the 2 foreign player change of heart by the ARU, and once again for those not listening Melbourne is AFL country, the Storm are losing money hand over fist down there, how exactly is a rugby team fill of foreign second tier players going to make an impact?

Hope Queensland have their players signed up for 2010 and beyond else they will be facing another raid similar to one conducted by the Force, who by the way aren't exactly posting a profit currently.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Aug 27 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Aug 24 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aye it's not like there isn't Aussie talent up here waiting to be exploited. Bringing back players like Brock James, Paul Warwick, Matt Henjak and Luke Rooney would add a good deal of talent and strength in depth.[/b]

Uhmmm then why exactly haven't they come home to fill the gaps in the existing four franchises? Once again the 2 foreign player change of heart by the ARU, and once again for those not listening Melbourne is AFL country, the Storm are losing money hand over fist down there, how exactly is a rugby team fill of foreign second tier players going to make an impact?

Hope Queensland have their players signed up for 2010 and beyond else they will be facing another raid similar to one conducted by the Force, who by the way aren't exactly posting a profit currently.
[/b][/quote]
Why?
euro.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Aug 28 2009, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Aug 27 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Aug 24 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Why?
euro.jpg

[/b][/quote]

Some posters on here were on about a flock of ex-state players flooding back to fill out the ranks of the Melbourne Muppets, or whatever they are going to call themselves, simply not going to happen.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (William18 @ Aug 28 2009, 05:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good luck to Tuqiri, he deserves it after thew ARU mucked him around.[/b]

:lol:

There's a reason why Tuqiri doesn't want the details of his sacking made public...

*cough*underage prostitute*cough*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Aug 28 2009, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (William18 @ Aug 28 2009, 05:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good luck to Tuqiri, he deserves it after thew ARU mucked him around.[/b]

:lol:

There's a reason why Tuqiri doesn't want the details of his sacking made public...

*cough*underage prostitute*cough*
[/b][/quote]
Haven't we all been there at sometime or another though??? You can never tell these days. Loti should phone up Gary Glitter to see how he figures out age. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts