• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lowest score during a Rugby Union match

In terms of recently, Bath drew with Quins at the stoop last season 6-6. Was a dreadful game.

I played in a 3-0 game once, twas intense. I'm pretty sure there hasn't ever been a 0-0 draw in the pro era both teams would need to have pretty **** kickers.

Played in a 3-3 draw before- both defences were just far better than the attacks.

Got absolutely battered by a pair of black twins playing 7 and 15 <_<

Has there ever been a 0-0 result in a professional Rugby Union match? If not, what is the lowest score ever?

I remember a Sharks - Reds match in the Super12, I think in 2006 or 2005 which ended in 6-5. That's the lowest score I have ever seen.

There have been 20 international rugby matches that finished 0-0.

(http://stats.espnscrum.com/statsgur...=span;template=results;type=team;view=results)

However the vast majority were a long time ago before World War 2.

The most recent 0-0 draw was in a match between Togo and Nigeria in 2004.

Before that the last pointless match was in 1972 between Italy and Portugal, the last 0-0 match between two Tier 1 nations was in 1964 between Scotland and New Zealand.

Yeah but not on both sides ;)
:lol: a good few of the ones we've won have ended up with low scores to. I remember when we beat Quins at home last year the score was 9-8 to us, our pre season game against Exeter ended in 8-6 to us, pretty sure a good few of our rabo direct matches in recent years have ended up with some low scores.

Anyways thats about to change this year, believe it;)

I watched the Dragons play London Wasps and they drew 3-3, that was going back about 4/5 years ago, maybe a little bit more

EDF Cup I think, I actually watched that match on the telly, my god it was boring... Terrible conditions I think, though I remember laughing that if Sweeney had nailed a late drop goal the Dragons would've beaten the Heineken Cup champions.

American Collegiate Rugby Championships (the biggest domestic competition that's actually broadcast in the States): Central Washington beat Arizona 5-0.

In test matches involving "relevant" rugby nations, the lowest scoring ones I could find in the pro era are a 6-6 between Samoa and Tonga on 1999, and an 8-3 for Samoa over Fiji in 2007.

Last edited:
And we are made to believe the Pacific Isles are playing entertaining, attacking, free-flowing rugby.... ;)

In test matches involving "relevant" rugby nations, the lowest scoring ones I could find in the pro era are a 6-6 between Samoa and Tonga on 1999, and an 8-3 for Samoa over Fiji in 2007.

And we are made to believe the Pacific Isles are playing entertaining, attacking, free-flowing rugby.... ;)

I don't recall the 2007 game, but the 1999 game was played in utterly dreadful conditions in Apia, absolutely ******* down in a howling gale onto a muddy Apia Park.

June isn't always the best time to play rugby in the Islands, Its just after the end of the rainy season (November to May)

Latest posts