• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Magners League Final

McLaughlin looked in serious pain coming off yesterday. Looks like O'Brien will be getting the number 6 jersey down South and MaLuaghlin will join the many others in Ireland's injury pile

McLaughlin was on crutches at the end of the game when the team did a lap of the pitch. I wouldn't be surprised if he did his cruciate ligament. It's very unfortunate for him but will present Sean O'Brien, Rhys Ruddock and Dominic Ryan with an opportunity to claim the Leinster blindside position early next season.

If McLaughlin doesn't make the summer tour, as seems likely, John Muldoon is the only remaining option. Chris Henry could do a job at 6 also. I wonder if Alan Quinlan will be called up as emergency cover. I hope not - he's a thug.

Lads if we are serious of been competitive in trip down under Quinny has to play at 6. He's our only natural 6 and has been playing excellent for Munster all season and like him or hate him he's the best man available.
Sean O'Brien is not ready for 6 yet and Muldoon and Henry are not serious options at 6. Another wild-card could be Neil Best but I'd prefer Quinlan.

quinlan is most natural 6 but personamlly i think o brien is too good to be kept off the squad he has amazing potential and is a fantastic ball carrier he is imo the best 7 leinster have jennings looked poor yesterday

best?? im an ulsterman bet best he cant even be in contention henry has played flanker and has has a good season o'brien has had a decent season as well
best's best attribute was aggresion
id take o'brien
i think quinlan is a missed talent by ireland but we know what he will do and he isnt going to make world cup
best had his couple of seasons of form and then peatered out

best?? im an ulsterman bet best he cant even be in contention henry has played flanker and has has a good season o'brien has had a decent season as well
best's best attribute was aggresion
id take o'brien
i think quinlan is a missed talent by ireland but we know what he will do and he isnt going to make world cup
best had his couple of seasons of form and then peatered out

That may be something that we could do with down under however I do agree with you. O'brien is the best for down under or Henry. Quinlan is a very good player but it would be taking a step in te wrong direction.

Just saw Big Mal and Reddan in town. The height difference was pretty stand out. Reddan was limping a bit I noticed. The final took it's toll obviously

Lads Niall Ronan replacing McLaughlin is very strange and well it wouldn't surprise me to see Wally at 6 down under as well there is no natural 6 there. I really thought Quinny would get call. It pity Donnacha Ryan is out as this could've been a super chance for him but well our pack is looking very bad for tour and well without a platform we'll be murdered.

Latest posts