• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Magners League..is it taken seriously?

Nope, the Game!

hill.jpg

<div class='quotemain'>
The fact that the majority of the welsh team that won the grand slam came from the ospreys, and then what was more or less the same team lost to the saracens in a game that they could've (and maybe should've) won is beyond belief. [/b]

Oh boo hoo, Saracens came out all guns blazing during that legendary HEC QF and the Ospreys couldn't handle the pressure. Thats what happened. Saracens showed class and anyway, its hard to beat a team that had a living God playing for them at the time...
[/b][/quote]

Yeah they should've won that one, doesn't make much sense if they can go from hammereing them 30 - 3 in the Millenium Stadium one week, then lose 19 - 9 a couple of weeks later in Watford. I mean I'm a Blues fan, so I like the Ospreys (I like to see them all do well), but not really a massive fan, so it's not as if I'm jelous of the Sarries for beating them or anything like that. Just honestly see it as a first rate cock up by the Ospreys - not trying to take anything away from the Sarries though.

You know, I've always scoffed at people who say the ML isn't a serious competition but thinking about it now, I look at it as a vehicle for player development for the Scotland national side rather than a competition that needs to be won at all costs. That isn't to say I don't want Edinburgh to win it, but I'd much rather they use extra Scottish players than bring in foreign players who might improve our chances of winning. I'm even happy to see Glasgow do well (except when they beat us of course :p). Rugby in Scotland is in such a fragile state right now I'm just happy that we have any pro teams.

I'm optimistic about the future though, I think Edinburgh have a good chance to make an impact and finish better than fourth this year and over the next few seasons. There's depth in alot of positions now, and it's mostly Scottish talent, so it looks good for the national side too. Glasgow also have improved alot and hopefully can push on and start challenging for the upper echelons. Maybe once Scottish rugby recovers such that the SRU can fund another region I'll be more partisan with respect to Edinburgh's fortunes. :)

Latest posts