• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Marty's here...

R

RC

Link

714_0.jpg

I'm gonna stop *****ing about how bringing a kiwi has-been into our squad is preventing any welsh youngsters from coming up through the ranks. Such comments will only fall on deaf ears - so i might as well embrace his arrival and hope that he does good for my beloved Ospreys.

Welcome Marty.

Sell out.

Commenting on Marty's arrival, Head Coach Lyn Jones said:

"I hear that Marty comes from New Zealand and plays..rugby? Is that right? I haven't a clue really, I'm just here to serve tea...where am I? Who are you?"

yes i wouldnt call him a has been his just never really gotten the chance, i've allways rated him just behind mccaw great player i rate him very highly

Well, he's 31 years old, he's here to collect his pension and is definitely not gonna get back into the All Blacks squad.
That for me is a has-been - just like Justin Marshall.
He's preventing the upcoming welsh players which we desperately need to give game time. Instead any player that could have theoretically been challenging for a back row place in the ospreys will now be stuck playing in the Welsh Premiership, which - even tho it's only dropping down by 1 league - is still a huge gulf in quality of rugby.

He's not the player he once was - Daniel Braid's probably overtook him after this years Super 14 and NPC.

I don't mean to belittle the man in anyway (even tho my previous posts may have suggested otherwise) i'm just angry at the actions of the Ospreys. I'm sure Hollah will stand out as a fine player in our squad, but as Welsh rugby is in serious crisis is this really contributing to our attempted climb back to (anywhere near) the top?
It just angers when NH clubs (My team and other welsh teams which affect the all important national team) keep taking SH players on board as if there's no tomorrow.

yes RC you have got a good point there, fair enough. Maybe just im not that used to that type of problem in australian.

SH teams are lucky that they have great depth with rugby talent. The day you guys start looking for NH pensioners to fill your team will be the day i stop watching rugby.

i think the NH teams are too business like if you ask me! i mean they obviously desire to win and make money rather than care about the sport in their countries! they should have a SALARY CAP!! lol or a rule saying only 1 foreigner if they do not have such rule

quality players like holah are welcomed, problems is the hairsprays have got tiatia and marshall are bleeding wages off the game. i don't mind outside players but there is a diffinent waste of space at auspralia!

Holah is class and will serve you well. Very unlucky to be born in the same era as McCaw or else he would have played around 80-odd tests (think he has played 35 or there abouts) for the AB's, he really is (well, was at least) that good.

RC, I can see why you're angry, it's ridiculous buying old timers to fill in for 2 or 3 years rather than bleeding in the new talent. But Holah is an exception for me, he really will offer you something unlike Marshall who's just a poncy git.

Marty Holah, will a worthy new adding for ospreys, he is a top guy who is i can guarantee always playing well, it just shows with his super 14/12 experience of al the years hes ben involved i think hes mised 1 or 2...iam truly gutted that he is leaving the chiefs :cryy: ....

quality players like holah are welcomed, problems is the hairsprays have got tiatia and marshall are bleeding wages off the game. i don't mind outside players but there is a diffinent waste of space at auspralia!
[/b]

That's the problem though, you're saying players like Tiatia are bleedig the wages but on the field Filo is one of the most consistent high performers on the field for us!
He is an asset (like i'm sure Hollah will be as the NZ boys are saying) but that's not the point.
We shouldn't be looking to the SH for players - i believe it's ruining the game for us (internationally).

Latest posts