• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mass clearout

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Feb 27 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
where are they all!! looks like you and me and steynboi still![/b]

Pay attention, I was talking about the unofficial Saracens forum.

Any move near to or south of the river wouldn't really work, especially if you move closer and closer to Harlequins territory,.

Currently? No idea. The move to Fulham was a non-starter and we've been scared off of moving to Stratford.

We're going to be at Vicarage Road for at least another two years until something permenant gets sorted out.

"what are the other options if you don't stay put?" is currently one of those known unknowns right now.

EDIT: At the fans forum last week, Edward G did speak about things like buying the Red Lion pub across the road from Vicarage Road or co-funding VR's redevelopment. Both of which are firmly in Watford FC's hands currently.

EDIT: But chaps! It isn't all bad. I pity the fool who underestimates Saracens!

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gtm-oUBp2E0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gtm-oUBp2E0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

Fun fact: Mr T actually reffed a WWE Wrestlemania match..once...

Another nugget of verbal genius from Eddie Jones after losing to 'Quins earlier today:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
"This week was always going to be much harder than last week. You know, you lose your girlfriend and go out and have a drink and for the next 48 hours you are all right.

"Then you go home and your girlfriend's not there and that's when it starts to sink in. That's what this week's been like."[/b]

The guy cracks me up, he really does. He needs to do stand up.

What is the reality of this? Who's funding it?

Wasps players are going to France because the French can pay more, and in â'¬.

Now Saffers are coming to England because ... £ is a strong currency??? It's set to lose a big chunk of its value over the next year.

Are SA preparing a bridge head for 6N membership?

Its a tough question. I think there is a LOT of speculation going on. A LOT.

SAIL are funding this, they have 50% of the club and have injected £8 million into the club and are effectively calling the shots.

SAIL are apparently being investigated by the RFU for possible infringement of IRB rules on ownership of multiple clubs (SAIL now have stakes in three clubs in South Africa and the UK). Edward Grifiths insists that the players hired will be "England qualified".

But then again, he has said that Saracens won't be replacing like for like because we simply can't afford it so forget evil SA plans for bringing over half of the South Africa World Cup winning squad on six month contracts. He has also warned the NH chattering classes to be dissapointed when they announce who they're after/signed.

The word from St Albans (where Sarries are now based at) is that there will be a load of nobodies, Saracens Academy bods and one big signing (if that).

Its aaaaallll up in the air though. But I think the bottom line is that SAIL are looking to cut costs big time and buying Habana, Burger, Du Preez and co for £250,000 each kind of defeats the whole idea really...

Well I was at the game today, and it was same old Sarries, whether they're in the news or not.

Lots of promise, we looked much more like scoring tries than Quins... yet we managed to lose.

The last 5 mins really ****** me off. 3 penalties which we kicked to touch, giving us 3 opportunities to score. And what? 1 stolen lineout and 2 not straights. f***ing pathetic.

Also, based on today, I'll say that as long as we find a replacement for Jackson, we won't miss anyone too much.

Front 5 were anonymous, apart from the odd nice touch from Jack. van Heerden scrapped around, but he's staying anyway.

Marshall is well past it.

But I was impressed with Powell, Goode and Haughton, who are all staying.

I really hate the recent revelations but, in terms of pure success, it can't really get any worse can it? We've had the players capable of mounting a playoff or at least HC qualification challenge for a number of years now, and all we've got to show for it is a HC semi-final last year... in which we showed how good we can be. It's been handled awfully, but maybe a total shakeup is what we need to kickstart the side into actually achieving its potential.

I read yesterday (in the Telegraph online addition I think) that Sarries are planning a couple of games in Wembley next season. Is this just a paper flying a kite or have those rumours got any truth to them? If true, who are they likely to play? I'm guessing Leicester and another London/"London" club would be the most likely opponents.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 8 2009, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The last 5 mins really ****** me off. 3 penalties which we kicked to touch, giving us 3 opportunities to score. And what? 1 stolen lineout and 2 not straights. f***ing pathetic.[/b]

Whoooaaa there! I was at the game too and I saw two 'Quins line outs in the second half which were blatantly not straight. I should know, I was sitting in front of them so I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of those Saracens line outs were koshier but were ruled not straight by a ref who doesn't seem to get the concept of a not straight line out... The ref was, to be diplomatic, not helping his case with his half-assed interpretation of the game. So much so I joined in with the cries of "he's being paid by the Boks!" :lol:

In the end, Saracens did well to keep 'Quins out and for most of the game limited them to lateral movements. Turner-Hall was well shackled. Goode had a very rough day at the office, not in ability but simply in the way that he was really unlucky. He took some huge hits for the team today and still got up..staggered about dizzily like something out of looney toons and then run back to his position. Quality guy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Mar 8 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 8 2009, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The last 5 mins really ****** me off. 3 penalties which we kicked to touch, giving us 3 opportunities to score. And what? 1 stolen lineout and 2 not straights. f***ing pathetic.[/b]

Whoooaaa there! I was at the game too and I saw two 'Quins line outs in the second half which were blatantly not straight. I should know, I was sitting in front of them so I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of those Saracens line outs were koshier but were ruled not straight by a ref who doesn't seem to get the concept of a not straight line out... The ref was, to be diplomatic, not helping his case with his half-assed interpretation of the game. So much so I joined in with the cries of "he's being paid by the Boks!" :lol:

In the end, Saracens did well to keep 'Quins out and for most of the game limited them to lateral movements. Turner-Hall was well shackled. Goode had a very rough day at the office, not in ability but simply in the way that he was really unlucky. He took some huge hits for the team today and still got up..staggered about dizzily like something out of looney toons and then run back to his position. Quality guy.
[/b][/quote]

Ok well I was in the south stand and hence had no concept of straightness at all, apart from what the ref said!

I also had a pillar in front of me and hundreds of little kids running around. Some guy told me to calm my language down 'because we got the kids here'. So I said 'calm them down because we got adults here'...

My general feeling is that we lacked oomph - ball carrying, defensively and so on.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 8 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Some guy told me to calm my language down 'because we got the kids here'. So I said 'calm them down because we got adults here'...[/b]

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qzjbV-yTomY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qzjbV-yTomY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Saracens and 'Quins were just about equal with the amount of yards run and I'd say that Quin's defense was the more leaky. I mean, when you have Bishops Stortford's finest outrunning the likes of Nick Evans (LOL :lol:), Strettle and Turner-Hall then Dean Richards has to wonder whats going at times. The problem was that Saracens kept letting the pressure off at the last minute. Work at the break down and in attack was great but actually finishing it off with a try or at least some points from anything we're still trying to sort out.

Well it looks like the mass clearout isn't happening after all because SAIL forgot to check the <a href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/rugby_union/article5935014.ece" target="_blank">RULES OF THE BLOODY GUINNESS PREMIERSHIP AND THE SALARY CAP!
</a>
Total GingaG moment if I ever saw one:

mj3h4k.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Mar 19 2009, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well it looks like the mass clearout isn't happening after all because SAIL forgot to check the <a href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/rugby_union/article5935014.ece" target="_blank">RULES OF THE BLOODY GUINNESS PREMIERSHIP AND THE SALARY CAP!
</a>
Total GingaG moment if I ever saw one:

mj3h4k.jpg
[/b]

LOL though I'm not sure the players will want to stay knowing they're playing under a bunch of arseholes.

and surely this is more appropriate to some things i say:
cringe1.gif

Latest posts