• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Massive Forward pass problem...

O

OoOGazOoO

Played the game for the past couple of days and it is dodgy in the fact that the number of forward passes go un-detected by the ref in the game.

For instance, it normally occurs when the other team get the ball and put on a move from their fly half, give it to a centre and the centre passes it back, but when he passes back it seems to go forward a fair distance.

Any one else notice this? ? ?

Also, the slowness of the fly halfs when they recieve the ball is a bad feature within the game, they are always stood still and take a fair time to get going.

Yes....also the fly-half receiving the ball standing still may soon be a thing of the past

No. It is beating the system by bending the rules
<
(think the matrix).

When I get the game this week I'll try this:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I have a theory regarding the programming. They say that the backline (I do not know if this still holds true) get the ball from the ruck with a STANDING start (obviously except for the charging forward). My "theory" is that if the scrum half picked up the ball from the ruck and took one or two steps then the computer would not recognise this as "pass from the ruck - standing start reciever" and read it as "open play" since you have ALREADY chosen one of the options avilable at a ruck. Therefore in "open play" mode the backline should theoretically RUN WITH YOU in support (again I do not know if they have this support like style from JLR). Therefore (that word again) when the scrum half passes it whilst moving the first reciever should theoretically receive it ON THE MOVE!!! And there you have it......backs receiving on the run.[/b]

I just tried doing this on the ps2 demo and it works, but the halfback has some issues getting free of the ruck, making the whole thing a bit twitchy. However, do it off a forward crash up and it works fine, as long as there is a forward available call him in, give him the ball, then just turn him sideways and pass it to no.10 who recieves while running forward!

Originally posted by CeeJay@Mar 14 2005, 03:22 PM
as long as there is a forward available call him in, give him the ball, then just turn him sideways and pass it to no.10 who recieves while running forward!
You are a genius!!!!! Thanks mate
<

Latest posts