• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Maul collapse allowed

I just do not like that rule
jolly_roger_a1b.gif
jolly_roger_a1b.gif

Just wait till the rule reaches Schalk Burger, he will show how its done, or the Argentinean side that was banned from playing another team for two years or something.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Feb 15 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just wait till the rule reaches Schalk Burger, he will show how its done, or the Argentinean side that was banned from playing another team for two years or something.[/b]

So I will wait :p :p :p :p

I like it, needs a little tinkering here and there to make it a little more safe. It forces teams to use dynamic mauling and frees up other players who would otherwise have their head buried up someone's arse. It's a good rule to usher in a new more exciting and enjoyable to watch game of rugby.

hi everyone!

I start to watch rugby only one monthe ago but I also agre with u!

The game which was yesterday in Tbilisi, geo vs port, proved that. The game was not so exciting and too much intervals were there.

But you know for me this game was still significant, because for the first time I've seen the rugby game from tribune. :D

:cheers: But one picture isn't coming out of my mind! On the last minute when the score was
geo13:20 port the whole of team of Georgia literally break through the opponents' wall and drive a last ball!!! It was really amazing! :cheers:

And despite the play ended by score 20:20 I think it was the winnig and expression of true Georgian sole.
I hope this inspiration which they have, will not leave them on play whith Russian which is coming soon.
:lol2tn:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Feb 15 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I like it, needs a little tinkering here and there to make it a little more safe. It forces teams to use dynamic mauling and frees up other players who would otherwise have their head buried up someone's arse. It's a good rule to usher in a new more exciting and enjoyable to watch game of rugby.[/b]

Surely the only players it frees up are the forwards who just crowd the midfield making less room for the backs to run in. Making it less exciting and enjoyable...

Welcome to RUGBY WORLD Vaxoooo

And remember: we can lose, win or just waste the match against any team

But we will win any match against Russia

And boys will trample Russians like this

610x.jpg

yes i hope so leks !!!
like this they will do :bananasex:

:bravo:
good signeture!!! :bravo:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vaxo @ Feb 15 2009, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yes i hope so leks !!!
like this they will do :bananasex:

:bravo:
good signeture!!! :bravo:[/b]

Not Hope but i am sure

I said we can lose match against any team but will win against Russia :devil: :devil: :devil:

:sex011: :sex011: :sex011: :sex011: :sex011: :sex011: :sex011: :sex011: :bananasex: :bananasex: :bananasex: :bananasex: :bananasex: :bananasex: :bananasex: :bananasex:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 16 2009, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh my god! This is awesome! Theres two Georgians here now!!![/b]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aaahahahahhahahaaahahaaaaa we are going to eat TRF

Cheers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Feb 15 2009, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Feb 15 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like it, needs a little tinkering here and there to make it a little more safe. It forces teams to use dynamic mauling and frees up other players who would otherwise have their head buried up someone's arse. It's a good rule to usher in a new more exciting and enjoyable to watch game of rugby.[/b]

Surely the only players it frees up are the forwards who just crowd the midfield making less room for the backs to run in. Making it less exciting and enjoyable...
[/b][/quote]

Well, not really. The guys it would free up would be your quicker ball carrying forwards...giving you the option of going wide quick and getting an overlap, or sending 3 or 4 big lumbering forwards down the 10/12 channel, making a sizable gap in midfield.

I'm pretty sure I don't like this rule, i've been in a few mauls that have collapsed with me being in front, it isn't fun having 3-5 more bodies come crashing down on yours, while you head is somewhere between a cleat the ground, an elbow, another head or shoved into your own shoulder

**** rule. I like most of the ELV's but this has been trialled and doesn't sit well with me or the rest of the world.

failed_stamp.gif

General opinion is that it doesn't work, I think it could...players just aren't being smart about it. I think when they put this rule into play they assumed people would use there initiative and use rolling, more dynamic mauls and opposed to simply pushing people back. Unfortunatley, a great deal of players aren't smart enough, so this law hasn't been really used to its full potential, but there were always going to be some casualities.

The following things must happen though;

A significant decrease in matches like the World Cup Final, more or less tryless and really a battle between the two goal kickers.
And, players in general need to be a lot fitter, big lads like John Yapp and Andy Sheridan are the future build for props I hope.

Preventing rolling mauls - another step in the direction of making Rugby Union more like Rugby League. I love Rugby League, but even so, I like Union too - I'd rather have both codes than see them merge into one (which is the way things are heading at the moment).

Latest posts