• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

McAlister to Leicester?

I (from canterbury) still like players from outside my provice also. but some players i cant stand (mcalister being one, flavel, Muliana) and some that i wont ever stand for (spencer being a prime example of that). But there are players that i do like, like Braid, Hollah, ***o, Slater they might not have been the best players out there but i still liked to watch them.

he wont go anyway
[/b]

We are in the exact same boat on every player, except I would add Anton Oliver and Steve Devine to the hate list.

I could understand people in Canterbury not liking Marika Vunimbaka because he was so damn useless, but there is a large number who hate Ben Blair, I don't get it. I'll always remember Blair for that last second try in the Shield match where he ran around Jonah to even the game (keeping the shield and scoring that bonus point try) and then proceeding to kick the game winner from the corner.

YES I HATE BEN BLAIR, but that was because of the final in canberra i think it was and he let them get to a 30 odd point lead. thats why i hate macintyre as well cause deans was a dork and started him in the final!!! wtf was up with that?? then merts comes on and gets us within 7 to lose a final. that is one that got away.

Vunibaka is on the same level as paula bale, you might not remember him but he was my sisters favourite player when we were little. i always had a bet with her that the first time he would get the ball he would drop it. which 9 times out of 10 he would!!! i would also jump up and clap every time he did catch it, i wasnt very popular with her during the games :) but that was fun..

I like oliver, but i hate steve devine :)

Yeah that decision not to start Merhts had me pulling out my hair especially because McIntyre has never been good. Not even at the high school level. He only got his foot in the door for selection because his high school coach(he's a St. Beads boy I think) was the coach for the South Island school boys and when it came time for selection of the National team he didn't even get a sniff.

If we didn't win a lot Vuni would have been public enemy number 1; however, his comedy of errors provided quite the entertainment in the form of ridecule. I remember almost every conversation I had with my friends about rugby ended with "man, I hate Vuni. He's so bad". Then he came in one year and had a blinder of a super 12. I think the year after that he went right back to being useless and his season ended after he was taken off the field in a stretcher with a neck brace on.

Oliver is a dink. I've hated him since he blew the Tri-Nations a few years ago. Aussie came into Carisbrook and were up by 8 or 9 points on the final play of the game, Mehrts was on the field and we had a penatly 50m out straight in front of the posts. The 3 points would get us a bonus point and even if we scored a try we couldn't win and it wouldn't have been the 4th try. So logically, of course, Oliver elects to tap and go for reasons he deemed as "pride". The All Blacks knock it on and lose by greater than 7 points. I believed we finished 1 pt from winning the Tri-Nations that year.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
hez a good player but he wnt be missed that much.
[/b]

us blues fans would beg to differ. we finally got rid of lavea and don't want to go backwards after making such great progress. I would be amazed if he went now that he is a regular in the abs squad. and will get lots of gametime with the blues
[/b][/quote]

True, true...But everyone else (besides auckland) wud b happy...
[/b][/quote]

how about everyone apart from the low-lives who despise auckland players for no reason. even i who wants canturbury to sink into the ground still likes players such players as richie mccaw and dan carter.
[/b][/quote]

I (from canterbury) still like players from outside my provice also. but some players i cant stand (mcalister being one, flavel, Muliana) and some that i wont ever stand for (spencer being a prime example of that). But there are players that i do like, like Braid, Hollah, ***o, Slater they might not have been the best players out there but i still liked to watch them.

he wont go anyway
[/b][/quote]
Why not just come out and say you hate anybody who's better than the player in their respective positions at Canterbury.

Ooooohhh a super14 catfight!

I'm glad we don't have such arguments, especially if I'm arguing against fans of such total losers like Northampton! (j/k)

Vunibaka is on the same level as paula bale, you might not remember him but he was my sisters favourite player when we were little. i always had a bet with her that the first time he would get the ball he would drop it. which 9 times out of 10 he would!!! i would also jump up and clap every time he did catch it, i wasnt very popular with her during the games :) but that was fun..

[/b]

Agreed. I can remember more times vunibaka got schooled than any one time hes done anything good in all the seasons he played for canterbury and crusaders. Wont forget the 2000 NPC final when he got owned by jonah....roadkill.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Agreed. I can remember more times vunibaka got schooled than any one time hes done anything good in all the seasons he played for canterbury and crusaders. Wont forget the 2000 NPC final when he got owned by jonah....roadkill.
[/b][/quote]

He was run over twice in the same sequence of play wasn't he?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

He was run over twice in the same sequence of play wasn't he?
[/b][/quote]

yep he was, had two bites at the cherry. First attempt he went too high and lomu gave him the big dont argue facial fend. But vunibaka was quick enough to catch up again, and this time went low so jonah decided to drag him behind on the way to the tryline. Oh dear.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

us blues fans would beg to differ. we finally got rid of lavea and don't want to go backwards after making such great progress. I would be amazed if he went now that he is a regular in the abs squad. and will get lots of gametime with the blues
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Yeah, I know, everyone else would just be dancing gleefully in the streets that a player with that much potential would be leaving when he was still in his early twenties and not even at the peak of his playing abilities yet.

I am a Dipshit.
[/b][/quote]
haha...yeah believe it or not there are ppl out there who wud be happy to see him go(not that im one of them). We'll survive if he leaves. If he wants to go lt him go. He isnt that much of a factor in all blacks at the moment. I fhe reaches his full potential and then maybe alot of ppl will care. I doubt he'll leave though. I meant no disrespect to you but when i talk to ppl on the forums i talk as if theyre across the table and if that were the case...You would be in a bad situation

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Yeah, I know, everyone else would just be dancing gleefully in the streets that a player with that much potential would be leaving when he was still in his early twenties and not even at the peak of his playing abilities yet.

Dipshit.
[/b][/quote]
haha...yeah believe it or not there are ppl out there who wud be happy to see him go(not that im one of them). We'll survive if he leaves. If he wants to go lt him go. He isnt that much of a factor in all blacks at the moment. I fhe reaches his full potential and then maybe alot of ppl will care. I doubt he'll leave though. I meant no disrespect to you but when i talk to ppl on the forums i talk as if theyre across the table and if that were the case...You would be in a bad situation
[/b][/quote]
And who are these people who would be glad to see him go before he had a chance to reach his full potential? Seriously... what dream world are you in, some fancyland where people would rather see Aucklanders go overseas than ursup players from Canterbury who aren't as good, apart from maybe Woosaah who thinks Leon MacDonald is a better Fly Half than Nick Evans, I doubt these people exist.

And of course he hasn't a chance to be a factor in the AB's, with Mauger in his way and Carter at 10, but he's now getting his chance and I feel he certainly deserves to be starting at 12 after his performances in his limited time, especially during this years end of year tour where he outshined an out of form Mauger and an overated Nonu. Jonah Lomu wasn't really a factor in his first two tests, does that mean we shouldn't have cared if he had buggered off overseas between the 1994 French tests and the 1995 World Cup?

And whats with that "You would be in a bad situation" crap... I don't think I would threaten people if they were sitting across the table from me$ :bana: :bana: :bana:

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Dipshit.
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
And who are these people who would be glad to see him go before he had a chance to reach his full potential? Seriously... what dream world are you in, some fancyland where people would rather see Aucklanders go overseas than ursup players from Canterbury who aren't as good, apart from maybe Woosaah who thinks Leon MacDonald is a better Fly Half than Nick Evans, I doubt these people exist.

And of course he hasn't a chance to be a factor in the AB's, with Mauger in his way and Carter at 10, but he's now getting his chance and I feel he certainly deserves to be starting at 12 after his performances in his limited time, especially during this years end of year tour where he outshined an out of form Mauger and an overated Nonu. Jonah Lomu wasn't really a factor in his first two tests, does that mean we shouldn't have cared if he had buggered off overseas between the 1994 French tests and the 1995 World Cup?

And whats with that "You would be in a bad situation" crap... I don't think I would threaten people if they were sitting across the table from me$ :bana: :bana: :bana:
[/b][/quote]
Like the ripleys quote you can choose to 'believe it or not' I knew people that hated jonah lomu and didnt want him to do well and probbably wouldnt have cared if he left. No matter how great or how many people love you there'll always be people that will dislike you. If you truly think that there are absolutley no one (or more) in this world want to see luke go your the one living in an ideal "dream world"....

Dipshit

Latest posts