[TR="class: alt1, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]
[TD]Samoa[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: alt2, bgcolor: #EFEFEF"]
[TD]Scotland
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Excellent game by both teams England having strength in depth on the bench to come out just about deserved winners in the end, but great effort by the Welsh boys lets now see how many of these fine players make it the the top level in the next few years, but a competition worthy of its name and a great adventure for these up and coming stars.

Though filled with symathy towards southern hemysphere teams, I can't keep admiring wesh and english teams. That was the spirit! That was the skill! There's something in british rugby that makes you fall in love with it :)

Looking at those groups, I'd hate to be Scottish.

Have to say, I still don't feel this was a vintage English age group, and really not sure how many of them will progress. There is a lot of talent, but also a lot of rough edges.

Have to say, I still don't feel this was a vintage English age group, and really not sure how many of them will progress. There is a lot of talent, but also a lot of rough edges.

England have probably had better sides in recent JWC's.

There are definitely some guys that you aren't going to be seeing anything great from...

The talented guys in that group are really, really good though.

Congrats to England on winning this. Looking forward to our future games

Darn it. Well, not another vintage year for the Baby Blacks. The last two years we've just not produced the kind of players we have since 2008-2011. Guys like Robbie Robinson, Aaron Cruden, Sam Cane, Julain Savea, Sam Whitelock, Sean Maitland, Gareth Anscombe, Brodie Retallick, TJ Peranara, Brad Shields etc, etc - all made huge impacts, and even the guys that weren't stars were very good at their role. We have Ardie Savea and Jason Emery (who had a mixed game, scoring a try but also gifting one to England) - but the rest of the squad just hasn't looked all that impressive. Very frustrating.

Congratulations to England and Wales however. I admit this loss has been made easier knowing South Africa won't win it for a second year in a row.

The NRL has a lot to answer for in that regard; they can offer pro contracts out to schoolkids and lock them up before a union gets the chance to see them at anything other than 1st XV level and they have way deeper pockets than our provincial unions. Apparently Konrad Hurrell was a superstar for some Auckland school, Ngani Laumape was awesome, so that's two backs just from the Warriors that could have been in the mix over the last couple of years. There must be countless examples in the development systems of all the Oz NRL teams too.

I'd hate to be Scottish regardless of the group. They look like a team that's desperate to work their way out of the 6 Nations but haven't quite got bad enough yet. They produce the occassional upset but that's what they've been, a team of possible upsets as opposed to a team you can expect to put in a string of strong games.

Wales have quite a favourable pool if that's how it ends up.

First and foremost congrats to Wales and England for making the final and congrats to England for winning it.

It showed at U/20 level one can get away with a weaker scrum to a extent. South Africa did and with the most pathetic scrumming unit I ever saw to wear green and gold they manage to get a third spot. But I would say thanks to some indiscipline by Kiwi's cost them the game. Looking at SA team it was almost like watching Rugby sevens. They looked good going forward but there were no defensive structures or anything of that sort. Lets me question the preparation for this tournament and if a couple of games vs Argies was really a good enough warm up?

I would like them to prepare earlier against a stronger local outfit and have more warm up games before entering the tournament. Think lack of preparation cost us as well as consistency with selections. Playing players out of position to fit them in is not a great way to go about.

In the end as the competition is concerned the two best balanced teams contested the final and the best balanced unit won it.

USA relegated to the Trophy and Italy promoted to the Championship. Let's hope they can stay in the top tier, as they're supposed to organize the tournament in 2015 (after New Zealand in 2014).

I would love to see Ireland organize this tournament though, at Ravenhill, RDS and Musgrave Park.

USA relegated to the Trophy and Italy promoted to the Championship. Let's hope they can stay in the top tier, as they're supposed to organize the tournament in 2015 (after New Zealand in 2014).

I would love to see Ireland organize this tournament though, at Ravenhill, RDS and Musgrave Park.
If Ireland were to host the JWC doubt you'd use RDS, Ravenhill and Musgrave and not Thomond Park. Don't think you would need 3 big enough stadiums(10k+) for JWC and if Ireland were to host JWC you could see Thomond, Musgrave and another ground in Limerick, dooradoyle being used.
I would guess Italy will stay up in next few years. Just had a bad year last year to get relegated from JWC.
Italy are hosting 2015 world championships - anyone know where in Italy they plan to play games??

Latest posts