Melbourne get Super 15 nod.

Discussion in 'Super Rugby' started by Woldog, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Woldog

Woldog Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    http://www.theroar.com.au/2009/08/12/melbo...s-super-15-nod/

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. QLD

QLD Guest

Great news, bring in some games on FTA and we have a winner.

4. Woldog

Woldog Guest

I think it would be a win if they showed the games like 4 months after they had been played so people with FTA could see them.

5. gingergenius

gingergenius Guest

It would be good if they could start up with Greg Inglis involved...

6. This is a no-brainer i mean any NZ province would be stealing from peter to pay paul and we all know how the newest the SA provinces went. Melbourne has a big population with lots of kiwis and saffas and Melburnians love there sport and the s14 season is positioned as such that it wouldn't face much competition from AFL/NRL/A-league so yeah it would be a great idea especially with the new stadium taking shape rapidly. Hopefully the three bids don't squabble and present a united front so it won't get snatched from them again.

I have to head down to canberra and get the "we hate you because you're victorian" chant happening at brumbies matches against the victorians. :D :p

7. BLR

BLR Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Aug 12 2009, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    We Forcies welcome all colour and creeds, make the switch, Jesus supports the Force.

8. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLR @ Aug 13 2009, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    We Forcies welcome all colour and creeds, make the switch, Jesus supports the Force.
    [/b][/quote]
    Ha Ha Ha...you had me at Jesus.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (http://www.vicrugby.com.au/)</div>

Melbourne Rebels ...we shall see.

9. Woldog

Woldog Guest

Melbourne Underworld...

10. Jethro

Jethro Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Aug 12 2009, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Yes and the Storm are doing awesome work in Melbourne draining coffers.

As usual lets work at it till it breaks.

1. Melbourne is an AFL city with limited Union fans outside a few novelty games.

2. Australia does not have the player depth for four teams let alone five. Acknowledge even by the ARU now allowing existing franchises to select two non-Aussie players

3. Anything John O'Neill comes up with usually breaks in the long run.

The whole new look Super 15 leaves me quite frankly uninterested. Interest was in my team playing the Reds, Sharks, whoever on a weekly basis. On the bright side the wanning interest in S15 outside the franchise bases in NZ should generate increased interest in the ANZC, of course Tew and co are no doubt devilishly working at a plan to root that up as well.

11. jawmalawm24

jawmalawm24 Guest

Is this official I didn't really have the time to read that first post. If it is congratulations Melbourne and it was really the only logical outcome because now it evens things up with 5 teams from each country. If we got a team it would be stupid because we're having trouble with alot of our Air New Zealand Cup teams already and just wouldn't be able to afford it.

So are there any names for the team or even some of the players yet?

12. InsaneAsylum

InsaneAsylum Guest

It still has to go to sanzar and sanzar might say "f*** this ****, we think there should be a team from south africa or new zealand. melbourne FTL"

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!