• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Memorable Moments

This is a classic trie I scored while playing the Eng vs Aus demo.

I was on a beakaway with tiquiri and just had Jason robinson to beat and despite having tried and failed many times I decided another grubber attempt was in order, usually I just get tackled fom behind for a knock on, but this time I got it away. What followed was sheer....well, probably just good luck. The ball raced toward J.rob , Id put to much power into it, but just as i think hes about to grab it, it bouces up hits him in the head and comes flying straight back into the hands of tiquiri. I was stunned, all i could do was hold speed burst and keep running, which worked out well, as J.Rob decided the best defensive action to take was to lay an egg and I ran straight by him to score my first and only trie off a grubber!

yeah, i had mounted a big offencive on there 5m line once, but they didnt budge so i gave a little grubber and it went over and scored...

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 9 2005, 03:23 AM
just scored a memorable try,i was england against australlia and i had the ball inside my own twenty two i spread ball wide to lewsey,who slipped throught the tackle of tuqiri and mortlock,i then ran towards the full back and grubber it towards the corner,it was a foot race for the ball,and if you press the x button he litterally dive outstretched for the ball i pressed the x button and he got there,but it was extremely clos i didnt realise i had scored,but the replay proved conclusive.
you were who!?

well considering england scored,and i said i scored a memorable try,i presume i was england.

when i put caucau back where he belongs...auckland blues that is..

there will be planty of memorible moments..

like recreating running around rathbone,tuquri,sailor,gregan,smith,roff,the french winger,the scotland team,training sessions
<
,the all blacks
<
(this year fiji vs. nz)...everyone and everything...maybe i could run off his belly too

me and my bro should hav sum good games to report tho
<

You want a memorable moment.....

Well last night i was playing Sharks vs Hurricanes ...

Ok let me set the atmosphere ....... I was down 17 - 14 with about 3 minutes left to play (Realtim). Tana Umanga breaks my line and runs straight for the corner Brent Russel on his heels.

As Umanga side steps my No15 to make a clean break for the corner , as hy crosses the try line Brent Russel ( Me) tackles him and his foot goes into the ingoal are , he grounds the ball , my heart stops . 22 meter drop out OMG they actually picked it up the his foot went out before he could ground the ball.

I kick off , ball is caught by Umanga again mmm , gets tackled with a high flying dive by Butch James. He drops the ball , the ball is picked up by Nico Beedt who sprints to the tryline only to offload to Trevor Halstead to scory the try

I convert the goal .

Omg 21 - 17 at full time.

The moral of the story ? This is a great game , If you tackle sum1 and his foot goes out a split second before they ground the ball for a try then the try doesn't count.

Big up to EA for checking that part of the Gameplay.

Sorry Mark Shaw -- No signs of TV Refs -- I think only Cricket will support that .. But nice addition it would have been

yeh because i mean the computers allways going to know whether its a try or not but if its a dive in the corner, it could b fun to see the ref stop it and then watch slow motion replays a few times, and then a desion

it's done in Madden, mebbe in 2006 this feature will be incorporated. It's an excellent tension builder, especially in the dying seconds of a game.

srirel090303.jpg
no memorable moment yet but its coming tomorrow when i hear UPS!!knocking on my door to give me my game
<
after dat ill keep you guys updated with some great tries id be making with the Irish team(BEST OF ALL) and the Pumas
giteau_0211.jpg

Here's a memorable moment - Thumping Australia 36-17 with Ireland in the world Cup Final!
<

lol my memorable moment in the demo
<

foot race with robinson and tuqiri tuqiri had the ball(AI) with me robinson chasing after him. scoreline 14-7 my way. I tackled tuqiri short of the line as soon as i tackled him i shouted "SATTLER!!!"......i think sanzar and some other ppl might noe why
<

now that was a try saver!

Of Course me Being the Pumas Agaisnt Wales(Ten Nations) I had the ball i start opening it(thats my style of play and some kciking) ok so arbizu(centre)opens it to Albanese(winger) and he shoulder charges this welsh guy and he was clear i dive across the corner and he extends his arms down to ground it b4 he goes dead on the ingoal it was amazing!

Another thing get people on the ruck and handle it its not like 2**4 that you always get penalized if your players act it out you get away with it and the ball is your I LOVE THIS GAME

My Most Memorable Moment!!I was Argentina vs Australia in Buenos Aires for ten nations Difficulty Normal!!

First Half Starts complicated to Argentina with a Try By Mortlock in the 5th minute and the conversion by Giteau was good...but 5 minutes later Lisandro Arbizu Came trough and tied the game for argentina as Contepomi would not miss from right under the post...the score kept the same in the first half with alot of opportunities for australia not well taken same thing for argentina

HALF TIME:7-7

Second Half:Started the same alot of missed opportunities for both teams looked like a tie but on the 80th minute Hernan Senillosa breaks open for a try!!!and conversion by Felipe the crowd in Buenos Aires going crazy the Pumas Finally beat the Australian Wallabies 14-7
<

i just did this literally 10 seconds ago... reds vs. chiefs im the reds. full time, and im down 10-12. chiefs toss it out of a ruck and right as their flyhalf is going to kick it out of touch, elton flatley dives in and tackles him. chris latham picks it up and sprints for the line, dummies the wing, who doesnt fall for it! right before latham falls, he flicks it out to wendell sailor! sailor shoulder charges a chief and sprints for the corner, he's tackled on the five by two people but no wait he slides and its a beauuuuuutiful game winning try in the corner. I am god.
<
this game rules. also, being up by five on the 80th minute and holding back assaults on the tryline from within the 5m line for several minutes.... intenseeeee

My memorable moment is beating England on Hard mode in semi final of the world cup. Final Score: 19-12. I scored 1 try and landed 4 drop goals
<