• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mixed Martial Arts

UFC 126 was pretty insane Silva's leg kick to knockout Belfort was sick!

Silva vs GSP........someone get me a towel, i've had an accident

That'd be immense

Be a while before that happens, GSP said that he wants to build up the mass correctly and not just put the weight on for the sake of putting the weight on.

Seriously that early, I doubt GSP will want it that early, he's made it clear in interview that he will move up a division when he feels right, and when the weight he puts on is muscle and not just bulk.

August seems too early to me too and he has to get through the shields fight first, i am in doubt GSP will dispatch shields but he may still take damage and then have to put on decent muscle mass,get used to fighting at that weight etc, etc

Holy Crap Fedor got beat, again! Seemed to be saying he was going to hang em up too afterwards. still the greatest MMA heavyweight of all time whatever he decides

003_Fedor_Emelianenko_vs_Antonio_Silva-300x200.jpg

Face says it all. He got absolutely smashed.

Last edited by a moderator:
yep no denying the fact he isnt the fighter he was looked considerably slower than he has done in the past. Even if the doctors hadnt stopped it he just looked beat in the 2nd round.

For me he is not to small for a Heavyweight, he's not the size of Fabricio Werdum or Antonio Silva who just looked huge in the ring compared to Fedor. Most heavyweights are over 6ft, I know Fedor is 6ft but I feel even someone like the UFC champion Cain Velasquez wold dominate him in height and size.

i think its more his age - he has lost some speed and thats what did for him. he has fought HUGE dudes before - admitedly not with the ground game of Werdum or Silva and he thrashed them

I think Fedor needs to take some time off, get refreshed and composed, give it one final go and then call it a day.

I think Fedor needs to take some time off, get refreshed and composed, give it one final go and then call it a day.

Don't want him to go down the Arloski route ... come back after a break and have lost 4 in a row!

yeah i think he knows he's done. would rather he retired with grace

Haven't really caught up with the MMA circuit in a while. Hows Lesner been doing since he lost his ***le??

he will be coaching the new season of TUF then fighting Junior Dos Santos, the winner will get a ***le shot against Cain in June/July

Be interesting to see how he goes, as Ive said before you got two coaches there, one who can't speak English and the other who does not really like the fans :lol:

I have watched Fedor Emelianenko throught his career and when you look at it he hasn't took on a real top class opponent since Mirko Cro Cop back in 2005 and when he went to Strikeforce he went back to taking on top class opponents. Brett Rogers was very heavily over-rated so i'm not surprised he beat him but Fabricio Werdum and Antonio Silva are very good and dangerous fighters and i think after years of fighting Journeymen after PRIDE went down the pan i'm not suprised that Fedor is looking like a beaten old man. I hope that this streak does not continue and he can come back strong but at the moment he is looking like his moral has been crushed.

Lesnar/JDS bout is interesting. JDS have i think far superior boxing than Cain Velasquez and could light up Lesnar with a sweet combo but then again Lesnar is able to use his size because of JDS lack of wrestling pedigree, hes a good BJJ fighter but not of Noguiera or Mir ability. The only way i see JDS win is in the stand up, which as we have seen in his previous two fights, he (lesnar) has a suspect chin.

Also cant wait to start BJJ next week.

I sense Lesnar will win it, something tells me he has been training hard. He has been quiet for a while since the loss and you just know he's been working on his game.

Latest posts