• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mixed Martial Arts

Clearly you're trolling, but I'm not sure if your serious so I'll answer you anyway.

Mir wouldn't last as long as he did with Carwin against Fedor. He would get subbed or KO'd which ever way Fedor wants to finish, ****** hell.. Mir even lost to Brandon Vera LOL, and then he tries to bulk up an put on 30 extra pounds to get his revenge on Lesnar, but instead he gets sharted on by Carwin.

Seriously though, hes probably the most delusional fighter in the UFC.

Could argue Carwin caught him lucky. Lesnar if back on form will beat Carwin simple. If Fedor was the man he really is then he would have come to the UFC now to face someone like Lesnar / Carwin / Mir. Personally if he don't ever go to UFC then it will show that he has a weakness that may well be exploited and his monster record destroyed.

Could argue Carwin caught him lucky. Lesnar if back on form will beat Carwin simple. If Fedor was the man he really is then he would have come to the UFC now to face someone like Lesnar / Carwin / Mir. Personally if he don't ever go to UFC then it will show that he has a weakness that may well be exploited and his monster record destroyed.

Carwin would beat Mir 8 times out of 10, imo. Mir really has nothing special, besides some decent GG, hes over hyped, and now is officially a gate keeper in the HW division.
As for Lesnar vs Carwin, I don't see Lesnar winning this fight easily, though i do think it will go five rounds to a UD. But as we've seen Lesnar in his previous fights (Couture) his chin is pretty suspect, so if Carwin catches him with a flush punch, it could be lights out.

Now... If Fedor "wasn't" the man, he wouldn't be the P4P best in the world an ranked the Undisputed HW Champion of the world.

AND lol@you thinking Fedor needs to prove himself against Brock who got baby fed the ***le, and has a record of 4 - 1. He hasn't proved himself worthy yet, to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Fedor.

But with all that said an done, I too am hoping his management and Dana can work something out once his contract with SF runs out.

Last edited:
Carwin would beat Mir 8 times out of 10, imo. Mir really has nothing special, besides some decent GG, hes over hyped, and now is officially a gate keeper in the HW division.
As for Lesnar vs Carwin, I don't see Lesnar winning this fight easily, though i do think it will go five rounds to a UD. But as we've seen Lesnar in his previous fights (Couture) his chin is pretty suspect, so if Carwin catches him with a flush punch, it could be lights out for Lesnar.
If Fedor "wasn't" the man, he wouldn't be tbe P4P best in the world an ranked the #1 undisputed HW champion.

AND lol@you thinking Fedor needs to prove himself against Brock who got baby fed the ***le, and has a record of 4 - 1. He hasn't proved himself worthy of even being mentioned in the same sentence as Fedor.

But with all that said an done, I too am hoping his management and Dana can work something out, once his contract with SF runs out.

Fedor does have to prove himself ... if he wants to be the 'Great One' he has to beat the best that the UFC has to offer be it Carwin / Mir or Lesnar so sorry pal my point is quite valid.

Fedor does have to prove himself ... if he wants to be the 'Great One' he has to beat the best that the UFC has to offer be it Carwin / Mir or Lesnar so sorry pal my point is quite valid.

You're point is as valid as me saying Wales will win the RWC because they almost beat SA.

And I'm sorry to burst you're "Ohh So Valid" point bubble, but most if not all the well-known MMA websites, critics/writers, HOF fighters have stated that Fedor is the GOAT. It's all on paper really, an i know it's hard to take in, since you've probably been following Brock Lesnar since he was in the WWE, and crossed over to MMA when he joined the UFC.

And Mir is no longer a top contender, JDS and Cain will be next in line for a shot, after 116. Mir will have to work his way back up, but theres no way Dana will give him a ***le shot anytime soon.

You're point is as valid as me saying Wales will win the RWC because they almost beat SA.

And I'm sorry to burst you're "Ohh So Valid" point bubble, but most if not all the well-known MMA websites, critics/writers, HOF fighters have stated that Fedor is the GOAT. It's all on paper really, an i know it's hard to take in, since you've probably been following Brock Lesnar since he was in the WWE, and crossed over to MMA when he joined the UFC.

And Mir is no longer a top contender, JDS and Cain will be next in line for a shot, after 116. Mir will have to work his way back up, but theres no way Dana will give him a ***le shot anytime soon.

Pipe down will you, you know nothing about me and I certainly have never followed Brock Lesnar in the bloody WWE. The first time I came across Lesnar was when he attempted to make the NFL with the Minnesota Vikings. To even compare my statement to Wales winning the RWC because they almost beat SA is complete bull and is not relevant to this little debate. The fact you keep referring to him is quite amusing really. Especially the comment 'an i know it's hard to take in, since you've probably been following.....' the same babyish comment people have to put in to think they are superior when it comes to debating and to be fair your not. He is currently the UFC Heavyweight champion, something that Fedor is not. Im not going to insult you but I think you have worked out that the UFC is the biggest / most watched MMA event world wide, pretty much bonifed fact. So to be the ultimate champion and prove to people (because believe you me he has many doubters Fedor), you got to beat everyone before you become the best. That means beating whatever the UFC has to offer. UFC for some is the highest level which Fedor has to prove himself. For me its not the case but for his doubters its a must. This is where I made the general assumption of whatever heavyweights that might be in possession of the heavyweight belt, so as Lesnar is currently heavyweight champion Fedor would have to beat him (no doubt he would do it easily) but the fact still remains he would have to beat Lesnar.

Whats on paper is on paper ... fact remains he still got to conquer the UFC. It will happen the longer he leaves it the longer the doubts will remain.

Pipe down will you, you know nothing about me and I certainly have never followed Brock Lesnar in the bloody WWE. The first time I came across Lesnar was when he attempted to make the NFL with the Minnesota Vikings. To even compare my statement to Wales winning the RWC because they almost beat SA is complete bull and is not relevant to this little debate. The fact you keep referring to him is quite amusing really. Especially the comment 'an i know it's hard to take in, since you've probably been following.....' the same babyish comment people have to put in to think they are superior when it comes to debating and to be fair your not. He is currently the UFC Heavyweight champion, something that Fedor is not. Im not going to insult you but I think you have worked out that the UFC is the biggest / most watched MMA event world wide, pretty much bonifed fact. So to be the ultimate champion and prove to people (because believe you me he has many doubters Fedor), you got to beat everyone before you become the best. That means beating whatever the UFC has to offer. UFC for some is the highest level which Fedor has to prove himself. For me its not the case but for his doubters its a must. This is where I made the general assumption of whatever heavyweights that might be in possession of the heavyweight belt, so as Lesnar is currently heavyweight champion Fedor would have to beat him (no doubt he would do it easily) but the fact still remains he would have to beat Lesnar.

Whats on paper is on paper ... fact remains he still got to conquer the UFC. It will happen the longer he leaves it the longer the doubts will remain.

I'm sorry, but just because a fighter is fighting in the UFC does not make them the toughest MMA fighters in the world. Sure it is currently the biggest Org/Promotion around, doesn't mean that fighter A will beat fighter B because fighter B is in a lower/smaller Org. A good example of this is Andre Arlovski, before he left the UFC, he was ranked top 3 in the UFC HW's, and was also on a 4 fight win streak. He left to fight for Affliction an got KO'd by Fedor in a minute an thirty, and followed on to get KO'd in the first 30 seconds by a typically unknown HW Brett Rogers in the StrikeForce Org.
And to press this point once again, Fedor is still ranked #1 in the world by all major MMA websites, (excluding the UFC ofcourse)and was considered the GOAT before Brock was on the scene, an still till this day, he has not had a legitimate loss in his career, which still makes him the GOAT now.

And by the way, how do you figure Mir wiould beat Fedor, and yet you say Fedor would easily beat Lesnar without a doubt? logic... i don't.. see it.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but just because a fighter is fighting in the UFC does not make them the toughest, or top contenders. Sure it is currently the biggest Org/Promotion around, doesn't mean the fighter A will beat fighter B because fighter B is in a lower/smaller Org. A good example of this is Andre Arlovski, before he left the UFC, he was ranked top 3 in the UFC HW's. He left to fight for Affliction an got KO'd by Fedor in a minute an thirty, and followed on the get KO'd in the first 30 seconds by a typically unknown HW Brett Rogers in the StrikeForce Org.
And to press this point once again, Fedor is still ranked #1 in the world by all major MMA websites, (excluding the UFC ofcourse)and was considered the GOAT before Brock was on the scene, an still till this day, he has not had a legitimate loss in his career, which still makes him the GOAT now.

And by the way, how do you figure Mir wiould beat Fedor, and yet you say Fedor would easily beat Lesnar without a doubt? logic... i don't.. see it.

Lesnar for me was lucky against Mir when he TKO'd him. Lesnar leaves his legs open for a submission as it has been pointed out, I reckon a decent subminssioner who could take a shot or two could make him tap again. I'm welll aware of the Heavyweight rankings outside of the UFC, christ I know the UFC is not the be it and end all for MMA but as its the most watched it also means that people believe that the best have to fight there to show to the larger audience what they are made of. If you don't understand that then fair enough but Fedor record does speak for itself, but he needs to fight the top dog in UFC and then bury the doubters and then truly be the GOAT.

Lesnar for me was lucky against Mir when he TKO'd him. Lesnar leaves his legs open for a submission as it has been pointed out, I reckon a decent subminssioner who could take a shot or two could make him tap again. I'm welll aware of the Heavyweight rankings outside of the UFC, christ I know the UFC is not the be it and end all for MMA but as its the most watched it also means that people believe that the best have to fight there to show to the larger audience what they are made of. If you don't understand that then fair enough but Fedor record does speak for itself, but he needs to fight the top dog in UFC and then bury the doubters and then truly be the GOAT.

Although I'm not a fan of the LnP style fighting of Lesnars, Mir didn't have a chance in that fight, the only time i thought he had a chance was when Brock decided(brainless) to stand an throw fist with Mir in the opening minute of the second.
Other then that he had nothing to offer Brock really.
Now if Mir were to fight Fedor, he literally has nothing challenging for Fedor. His ground game is decent, i said before it, but you just need to watch Fedor vs Big Nog to see Mir wouldn't stand a chance. Nog of course being one of the greatest submission artist ever.

I know the UFC is the most watched Org now since Pride died, theirs no question about that. There will always be haters, but the fact still remains, even if he retired today, he would still be the GOAT.

also: I will say it again, I really hope Dana can work something out with his Management once his contract is up with SF, the reason he didn't sign with the UFC after Affliction was because his company/Org M1 Global, wanted to co-promote. Which in-turn means less money for Dana.

Looks like Fedor is beatable ...

Last edited by a moderator:
really looking forward to seeing Fedor back in action and the strikeforce heavyweight tournament that will pan out over the next year.
Too bad Bravo has gone belly up hopefully another channel will pick up the rights to show SF in the UK

Brock Lesnar and Junior Dos Santos will be the coaches for the next season of TUF that will be .....fun?!

Also pleased to see the new weight categories in the UFC following the WEC merger, WEC fights were some of the best over the last few years.

exciting year ahead for MMA fans

Ye saw the announcement earlier, funny coaching selection, Brock who hates the fans :lol: and Dos Santos who can't really speak English :lol:

Great show this will turn out to be.

yeah very odd indeed, also Brock hates being away from his home family and isnt really a people person. I am sure he will turn the "heel" dial up a few notchs. as always it will be daft entertaining viewing with hopefully a few good fights along the way

Ye hopefully it will be a good season. Last season was good was just wanted to GSP to clock Koscheck during the season would have been class.

anyone watch fight for the troops at the weekend? some decent fights on the card

there was some good scraps definately worth catching the repeat.
UFC 126 looks like a decent card - vitor/silva, bader/jones, torres/banuelos and kelly/cerrone will be the ones i am most in to seeing
i hope Strikeforce get a uk tv deal sorted for the fedor fight in feb and the ongoing heavyweight tournament i think those could be some of the best fights we will see (or not) this year. Looks like we wont see the Diaz/Santos fight on UK TV this weekend

anyone watch ufc126 this weekend Silva's KO teep kick on belfort was insane, he is rumored to be fighting GSP assuming GSP whoops Jake Shields...which he will.

Jon Jones has definately deserved a ***le a shot aginst Rua especially in his win against Bader who he made look very ordinary
The englisg fighters did OK paul kelly fought well for large parts of the fight but got caught in cerronie's submission, paul taylor faired bettwe getting the W with a savage kick.

oh and primetime (chanel 480 on sky) are doing the strikeforce heavyweight gp as a PPV on uk tv starts this weekend with the greatest fighter of all time (in MMA ;) ) £10 quid or you get all 4 events for £25. seeing Fedor fight is worth the price alone

Latest posts