• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mods/ Edits

Hi again,

The SA Currie Cup players are made up of fictional players in the game, so I am currently slowly adding the players. You can't search to see if a player exists elsewhere though so it is proving tricky. I want to add CJ van der Linde to the EP Kings team but wonder if he is elsewhere in the game? I can't find him in the London Irish squad where I know he has played fairly recently? He has played 75 times for the Springboks, so I doubt he wouldn't be in the game.

Hi Jayatron

You just open the file you downloaded you will see other files in it with club and number eg Club105 open that and you will see 3 files in it. Then open the in game files like it says and find Club105. Open that file and move the 3 files you downloaded into the game file but back it up original game files first. How i did it was when i got to RUTM 2015 CLUBS i just copied the whole file and pasted it to my desktop. Hope this helped

Good stuff. Got it working, but takes forever. Do I have to do each team individually? I would like to post some mods as well, how do I learn to do that? Any videos?

Also, I can't seem to get the Super Rugby with name changes downloaded? Keeps sending me to cloud?

Last edited:
Amazing - well done Derek. I had done most of the Currie Cup teams, but will do them on your save, so they are together.

I might have a subjective go at a few of the ratings. One thing that slightly bothers me is that the likes of Kolbe, Senatla, Etzebeth etc have a great chance of being World Class, but at the moment they are probably National, National and International respectively. This is why I think calibre should vary in the game. There may very well be a Colts Stormers player who comes through as World Class calibre before he has even played internationally. I think World Class calibre should be reserved for the world's best players who have played x number of international matches.

Which brings me back to my dilemma. Kolbe, Senatla and Etzebeth... What calibre should I given, given that this calibre will stay with them until they retire? These 3 players (like many others) are not yet World Class, so shouldn't be given that calibre. It does bother me though that they never will be World Class in the game, given that there is a strong chance this may be the case in real life.

Definitely agree with you BakkiesBokke. Bothers me too that a player that's just come out of my colts team can have a higher calibre than someone in my squad that's very experienced & played for their country for years..... And then that these players will still have this calibre right up until they retire - when perhaps their calibre won't be as high as at their peak of their career.

I definitely think this needs to be something that gets developed for a future update.

Think they could look to use something like in the football manager games where players have a current ability (or calibre) and potential ability/calibre. So you can see who could possibly be the next world class players - but without them already having this calibre. Some of these players might not make it & some may become better than expected all dependent on the quality of training they get and also the playing experiences they get.

Hopefully something they can look at.....

Also just want to say a massive thanks to you & derekfb for editing the database - look forward to starting a new career soon with proper team & player names!! Are you planning to edit all leagues where necessary? Any ideas how long this will take you?

Hey Ruffers don't thank me - thank Derek. His Super Rugby names seem spot on so far. I'm now trying to add the Currie Cup players (apart from the ones that play in teams that also play Super XV as otherwise they'd be in the game twice) to his editor file. The Currie Cup teams eg Pumas etc have made up player names, so it takes a long time to add entire squads. Not sure what players to add for the Western Province, Natal Sharks, Blue Bulls, FS Cheetahs, and Golden Lions as most of their players are in the associated Super XV teams?

Regarding the calibre thing - glad you agree. I put what I reckon would be pretty cool, in a suggestion on he Wishlist thread.

Last edited:
How does one load the editor file into the game, or into the editor to make additional changes? I can't find out where the editor saves the files after I make changes.

For me it's located on the C drive ---->RUTM_SaveGames ----> RUTM2015 -----> RUTM2015_Editor1.rum

Sorry something came up yesterday so didn't get as much done as I had hoped, hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Regan pointed me in the right direction earlier in the thread

How does one load the editor file into the game, or into the editor to make additional changes? I can't find out where the editor saves the files after I make changes.

Hi All.
Thanks Derek for the hard work. Your logos look great. I'm also struggling to incorporate your player edits. The download link gives me a text or .rum file which then doesn't run if swapped for the .rum app in the RUTM folder. What am I missing?

Are you definitely swapping and (crucially) replacing the editor file? It worked for me. Don't forget to load the editor and then load slot 1 if you want to view Derek's handiwork.

Good to see so many Saffers playing the game!

Bakkies, do you mean the RUTM_Editor file that's shown as an application? The file I downloaded is a .rum file?

- - - Updated - - -

Ignore me. Lack of sunlight in the UK has addled my brain... Found the right folder now! :)

No worries - I see we both support the Kings/Easter Province? Are you from Port Elizabeth? Last went to a match in August when WP beat us at the Nelson Mandela Stadium.

I'm from the Hogsback originally and missus and I try and get to the Wild Coast every year. We're in UK now. I'm a Sharks fan but only really because EP were in the wilderness when Super Rugby appeared.

- - - Updated - - -

I've spent a while editing the Super Teams to reflect current internationals and potential. Etzebeth is already a world class 4 and Schalk probably 3 years departed from being the same. Interesting with Senatla, PS Du Toit, Esterhuizen boys, Kriels and Pollard. All shown immense potential in JRWC but how will it translate? I also tried to bring Jaque Fourie back but made him way overpowered!

Good stuff. Got it working, but takes forever. Do I have to do each team individually? I would like to post some mods as well, how do I learn to do that? Any videos?

Also, I can't seem to get the Super Rugby with name changes downloaded? Keeps sending me to cloud?

Yes you have to do it individually.

I love Hogsback! Stunning area. I lean towards the Stormers when it comes to Super XV - not in the Currie Cup though - Kings (for my sins).

Good luck with the editing.

I can't get the Super Rugby badge and player edit at all. I try and download it an sends me to cloud. What am I doing wrong?

I can't get the Super Rugby badge and player edit at all. I try and download it an sends me to cloud. What am I doing wrong?

For the edited DB, including Super Rugby player names:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ibgcn0nmcwgyv20/RUTM2015_Editor1.rum
Click Derek's link and then click on the big green button that says Download (1.92 MegaBytes). Then go to your downloads folder, right click on the file, click cut, then go to the folder with the RUTM saves (where the editor file is) and right click, paste, you then have to copy and replace the original editor file (back it up if you need to).

ITM Team logos https://www.mediafire.com/?kqgz1jj9cbonvzw

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Jayatron

Is cloud storing and accessing data and programs over the Internet instead of your computer's hard drive. I have downloaded my own mods and had nothing about cloud.

ITM Team logos https://www.mediafire.com/?kqgz1jj9cbonvzw

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Jayatron

Is cloud storing and accessing data and programs over the Internet instead of your computer's hard drive. I have downloaded my own mods and had nothing about cloud.

I have no idea why it is trying to open it with cloud. The other mods are in and are working, it's just seems to be yours? I can't figure it out, still trying now.

I have no idea why it is trying to open it with cloud. The other mods are in and are working, it's just seems to be yours? I can't figure it out, still trying now.

Is that happening with every mod i posted. Bit of a silly question but when you unzip the download does it go to cloud then. Is anyone else having a problem with opening the files.