Wasps
Glouc
London Irish
Quins
Sale
Falcons
Wuss
Exeter

How rude, I've never met an arrogant Saracens fan but what do I know aye ;) What's wrong with fez's? Doctor Who and Tommy Cooper like them. What's wrong with our ground? Great food and beer, the East Stand is great and once the West Stand is developed that'll be great too. When did you visit?

TBH I have never met a Saracens fan and I have been to allianz park twice.

;)

Must have gone midweek when the schools are using the ground for PE then :p

In fairness I have nothing against Saracens and probably neither any team. Every team in the premiership has arrogant fans and that's fact.

I have to say hate is a horrible word to use, I'm surprised that a different topic on arrogant fans was closed down and this one allowed to continue.
As a Wales and Pontypridd supporter, I have no vested interest in running down any particular English club, but always thought Leicester fans were arrogant , until watching the Ospreys several times at Leicester and actually taking time to chat and drink with them and ultimately changing my unfounded opinion, I'm also impressed with fans from Gloucester, Worcester and Exeter, they always make you feel welcome before and after the game, add to this list the Pirates and Sale fans also a great bunch.
The other side of the coin though are some of the London clubs, whether or not its 1st city mentality I don't no but I can say that having watched Saracens and Harlequins on the odd occasion they are in my opinion arrogant and akin to the most arrogant of fans in the UK - Cardiff fans.

I have to say hate is a horrible word to use, I'm surprised that a different topic on arrogant fans was closed down and this one allowed to continue.
As a Wales and Pontypridd supporter, I have no vested interest in running down any particular English club, but always thought Leicester fans were arrogant , until watching the Ospreys several times at Leicester and actually taking time to chat and drink with them and ultimately changing my unfounded opinion, I'm also impressed with fans from Gloucester, Worcester and Exeter, they always make you feel welcome before and after the game, add to this list the Pirates and Sale fans also a great bunch.
The other side of the coin though are some of the London clubs, whether or not its 1st city mentality I don't no but I can say that having watched Saracens and Harlequins on the odd occasion they are in my opinion arrogant and akin to the most arrogant of fans in the UK - Cardiff fans.

I must have made a mistake there, it was meant to say disliked. As for Gloucester fans, I know someone who was assaulted by one. Not saying all Gloucester fans are like that. I don't understand why this topic should be locked.. I wanted to see people's opinions.

In fairness I don't hate any club, I dislike losing to some clubs more than others for example Northampton, but when you play team what feels like ten times a season that is to be expected as you form a rivalry. I have very rarely had any issues with any fans of any clubs either there were some very aggressive London Welsh fans at the Kassam last season but at the end of the day they were only supporting there club and were no harm nothing was aimed at our fans and the only other time I have faced something a bit unpleasant was a few times against Saints when some individuals have done things to get a reaction but I have met many pleasant Saints fans so you get over it and learn to ignore it. I really don't like these sweeping generalisations of fans because every club has it's good and bad fans. I thought this thread was meant to be about the clubs you "hate" (unanimously us) not about what you think of there fans.

As a Valley Commando and Stumpy have written, the word hate is so inappropriate. We're talking about rugby, not war, and there should be a healthy rivalry between clubs and supporters.
For many years I was a season ticket holder at Leicester and enjoyed standing on the terrace with opposition fans and drinking with them in the bar before and after the game.
Games against Welsh clubs like Newport, Swansea and Llanelli were always hard games but their fans were always fun to be with.
I went to several away games and experienced the same camaraderie.
OK, so there are some supporters who are sometimes a bit "one eyed" or over enthusiastic with regard to their team, but it's always been like that and you turn a blind eye to it.

Having said all that, I hate to lose to Sarries!!!! .... and on Nov 14th, Toulouse go to Sarries in the first round of the European Cup.
Allez les Toulousains!!!

Last edited:
Having said all that, I hate to lose to Sarries!!!! .... and on Nov 14th, Toulouse go to Sarries in the first round of the European Cup.
Allez les Toulousains!!!
Should be a cracker, love me some European Cup rugby. I should be going to both home and away fixtures against you guys, very much excited for it.

Should be a cracker, love me some European Cup rugby. I should be going to both home and away fixtures against you guys, very much excited for it.

Sadly, I won't be going to Saracens on the 14th but I should be in Toulouse for the return leg!

Let me repeat myself, I did not mean the word hate, rather dislike

Last edited:
I think Sarries are disliked, but hopefully not hated. That's why I love rugby the fans ability to have banter with each other and have a drink together compared to football. I couldn't imagine that in football opposing fans intermingling without fights breaking out.

I think Sarries are disliked, but hopefully not hated. That's why I love rugby the fans ability to have banter with each other and have a drink together compared to football. I couldn't imagine that in football opposing fans intermingling without fights breaking out.

Completely agree

Agreed !! :bravo:

Rugby is such a wonderful game, and has great fans.

Last edited:
I get so much enjoyment from watching rugby that I don't think I dislike any of the clubs. I even find it hard to dislike Glous these days. My only reason for disliking them in the past was really down to working with the most arrogant, rude and obnoxious Gloucester imaginable but he was hardly representative. All clubs have some fans like him.

I'd got with disliked rather than hated no-one's really hated; not even between local rivals.

However, Saracens as a club, tried really quite hard to make themselves disliked rather than indifferent, with the whole Venter thing. Quite successfully really.
Fostered a "nobody likes us and we don't care" attitude amongst a fair few of their fans before anyone disliked them; and then started annoying others by keeping to that attitude, the night of the long knives, tacky attempts to boost their own atmosphere, the whole South African thing, the whole Salary Cap thing (repeatedly), the whole "take over stadium X" thing, trying to plaster other people's local landmarks with Saracens hoardings etc etc.

Given that, they'd probably be top of the list; beyond that, Bath are currently up there due to salary cap issues - though we seem to fighting that with sympathy over Burgess; Leicester are up there due to historical success, Wasps annoyed a fair few with the move to Coventry, but have since shown that it does seem to have been a good thing. Beyond that, local rivalries are probably the biggest issue.

For me personally, I don't particularly dislike any other rugby club; certainly don't get any pleasure from a loss for anyone. Internationally then it's a little different - but that's because I know a lot of insufferable Welsh people.

Last edited: