• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Most imbarassing song/artist you love?

• Thread starter Incredible Schalk
  • Start date
Gee where can I start? :lol:

Nolan Sisters "I'm in the Mood for Dancing" - this song is such a happy song...love the tune...love the lady singing it....love the everything about it.  I first heard it on TV when it was climbing up the pop charts years ago and it was the first time I felt....er....these strange feelings in me as I...er....watched the video.

Spice Girls "When Two Become One" - Hmmmm....well....I kind of used to errr....dance alone in the dark to this song....thinking romantic thoughts of romance and love....hmmm....yeah.....embaressing I know.

Hansen "Mmmmbop" - Apparently everyone thinks this song is so gay except me....perhaps it is the fact that I play it on repeat that worries them.

High School Musical "We're All in this Together" - I really am the only that loves this song.  People tell me to turn it off.  Maybe it is the fact that the singers sound like school kids that worry them when they hear me lsitening to it again and again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 13 2008, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Gee where can I start? :lol:

Nolan Sisters "I'm in the Mood for Dancing" - this song is such a happy song...love the tune...love the lady singing it....love the everything about it. I first heard it on TV when it was climbing up the pop charts years ago and it was the first time I felt....er....these strange feelings in me as I...er....watched the video.

Spice Girls "When Two Become One" - Hmmmm....well....I kind of used to errr....dance alone in the dark to this song....thinking romantic thoughts of romance and love....hmmm....yeah.....embaressing I know.

Hansen "Mmmmbop" - Apparently everyone thinks this song is so gay except me....perhaps it is the fact that I play it on repeat that worries them.

High School Musical "We're All in this Together" - I really am the only that loves this song. People tell me to turn it off. Maybe it is the fact that the singers sound like school kids that worry them when they hear me lsitening to it again and again.[/b]

:ph34r:

haha, party hard. i can remember when he played on space, and he broke his finger playing the piano. rep point to whoever can youtube that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 13 2008, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

High School Musical "We're All in this Together" - I really am the only that loves this song. People tell me to turn it off. Maybe it is the fact that the singers sound like school kids that worry them when they hear me lsitening to it again and again.[/b]

Completely agree with those two, both great songs XD There are other High School Musical songs I like too, some of the songs featured in the films are serious crap though.
Not that embarrassing though XD

Best I can think of at the moment(more embarrassing than the aforementioned BitBit and Spice Girls): Wham!
Very cheerful songs to sing along to, and still most people pretend not to hear when I'm playing a song by them.
Most poppy songs from the eighties are pretty bad too XD (Flock of Seagulls, Spandau Ballet, Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, ...)

I never knew there were so many ways to write embarrassing!

Haha fair enough Laetca!   Wham I thought were so cool back in the days....I thought George Michael was seriously THE most sexiest man alive back then.

I still try and sing "Careless Whisper" on Singstar when someone pulls out the 80's singstar CD.  At first people look at think it is a joke....then after a while they start thinking there is something seriously wrong with me because I look so serious singing it lol!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 15 2008, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I thought George Michael was seriously THE most sexiest man alive back then.[/b]

I wasn't old enough to appreciate his good looks at the time, so I can only look back. I'm always distracted by hairdo and clothes, what was happening in the fashion industry in the eighties??

Another embarrassing group to love: ABBA
If everyone decides to be honest for a second they will be able to come up with at least one ABBA song they like!! Or at least don't hate.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Nov 17 2008, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Another embarrassing group to love: ABBA
If everyone decides to be honest for a second they will be able to come up with at least one ABBA song they like!! Or at least don't hate.[/b]
Are you kidding?  Abba are sooo in!  Well in my eyes they are.

So many ABBA songs that I like....obviously Dancing Queen would be my favourite.  I was brought up on ABBA so it will be a band that will never leave my collection as the music is synonymous with my memories of my parents.  One time in the 90's I almost cried when I was at a touch rugby prize giving and the DJ played Dancing Queen...the memories jut started flooding back.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 16 2008, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Are you kidding? Abba are sooo in! Well in my eyes they are.

So many ABBA songs that I like....obviously Dancing Queen would be my favourite. I was brought up on ABBA so it will be a band that will never leave my collection as the music is synonymous with my memories of my parents. One time in the 90's I almost cried when I was at a touch rugby prize giving and the DJ played Dancing Queen...the memories jut started flooding back.[/b]

I think not many people would share your opinion XD
I like some of their more serious later work right now, but it sways back and forth. Currently have 'Ring Ring' playing every time someone calls my mobile.

More embarrassing tunes, going back a bit more, Paul Anka. Not his new swing it remakes of pretty recent songs, but the really old 'Puppy Love', 'Lonely Boy' sort of stuff XD Though some are too much even for me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 16 2008, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I maintain that the 80s was an horrific era for music.[/b]

I just manually tagged all the songs by Queen I have, and judging by some of the dates, I'll just have to disagree with you.
Every decade has some horrible additions to music, I'm sure everyone can think of a few just for this year, but though might be remembered better for their stupidity, that doesn't mean everything made in those ten years was utter rubbish XD

Take That I guess, for me. That band can do no wrong!
The 80s was a class decade; even though I was only there for 7 months... :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Nov 17 2008, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Take That I guess, for me. That band can do no wrong!
The 80s was a class decade; even though I was only there for 7 months... :p[/b]
:lol:

I can't get over though the fact that men loved to look like women in the 80's.  Ewwwwwww......

Pete Burns anyone?
George Michael is another that epitomises this. Was there a better 80s band than Wham!
Shove it has there been a better band ever??!!!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Nov 17 2008, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Pete Burns anyone?
George Michael is another that epitomises this. Was there a better 80s band than Wham!
Shove it has there been a better band ever??!!!!!!![/b]

Opinions will differ XD

As to guys looking like women in the eighties:

boy19.jpg

I rest my case.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Nov 17 2008, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Pete Burns anyone?
Sod off Savage Garden are miles better than Wham!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Nov 17 2008, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Nov 17 2008, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pete Burns anyone?
Sod off Savage Garden are miles better than Wham!
[/b][/quote]

You must be joking XD

Latest posts