• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Most Influential Artist of All Time

G

getofmeland

Right Guys, I just thought of this idea and think it could be good...

The basics behind this is. <span style="color:red">No1: The Beatles
No2: Led Zeppelin
No3: Pink Floyd
No4: Bob Marley
[/b]

elvis.......................

sting
jimmy barnes
john farnham
inxs
ac/dc
kiss

Mine are

Elvis Presley
Led Zeppelin
The Clash

Although I would of put Nivana in there if it hadnt been nominated already

Originally posted by Jacko@Jun 3 2006, 12:22 PM
elvis.......................

sting
jimmy barnes
john farnham
inxs
ac/dc
kiss
Choose 3 Please

can we poll this as like a best of 2 bands, and then narrow our way down to number one, rather than having a list of bands. like on the rock, battle of the bands.

have, for example:

Led Zeppelin
vs.......................winner
Metallica
............................vs
pink floyd
eric clapton
....................................................winner
....................................................vs..........=overall winner
beatles
vs.........................winner
black sabbath
...........................vs
ac/dc...........
..........................winner
pearl jam

i just think it adds some excitement to it. then it can also be run like the voting for a hall of fame arguement, and have the reasons why they should win.

I think that Dr Dre. was more important in the development of Gangsta rap than Eazy E. It was Dre who told Eazy E to become a rapper, Eazy E had never rapped before. The raps on Straight Outta Compton were mainly written by Ice Cube with. After Ice Cube left the raps became extremely violent as Eazy was now writing his own. Straight Outta Compton is the album that started it and one of the main influential albums. That and Dr Dre's, the Chronic. So while Eazy is very influentual I don't think that you can overlook Dre.

Originally posted by sambãd5@Jun 3 2006, 01:18 PM
can we poll this as like a best of 2 bands, and then narrow our way down to number one, rather than having a list of bands. like on the rock, battle of the bands.

have, for example:

Led Zeppelin
Metallica
............................vs
pink floyd
eric clapton
....................................................vs..........=overall winner
beatles
vs.........................winner
black sabbath
...........................vs
ac/dc...........
..........................winner
pearl jam

i just think it adds some excitement to it. then it can also be run like the voting for a hall of fame arguement, and have the reasons why they should win.
Yeah I like that format but how do we set up the draw, I suppose I could do it with a number and pick them out of the hat, or something like that any ideas??

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Jun 3 2006, 10:23 PM
I think that Dr Dre. was more important in the development of Gangsta rap than Eazy E. It was Dre who told Eazy E to become a rapper, Eazy E had never rapped before. The raps on Straight Outta Compton were mainly written by Ice Cube with. After Ice Cube left the raps became extremely violent as Eazy was now writing his own. Straight Outta Compton is the album that started it and one of the main influential albums. That and Dr Dre's, the Chronic. So while Eazy is very influentual I don't think that you can overlook Dre.
yeh but ya gotta laugh at eazy e's lyrics when he starts teasin snoop and dre on"Real compton g's"....when u think about it dre and snoop have got to be the smartest rappers out there..by moving with suge knight to new york to be rich. They're the ones who a still alive.

but ya gotta love Eazy and his lyrics...

Originally posted by getofmeland@Jun 4 2006, 12:28 AM
Yeah I like that format but how do we set up the draw, I suppose I could do it with a number and pick them out of the hat, or something like that any ideas??
yeah just randomize it, number out of a had style. i just dont like the idea of having a huge list of names, all with 0% untill you get to one thats 16% another with 45% etc...

Originally posted by kinkon89@Jun 3 2006, 12:49 PM
but ya gotta love Eazy and his lyrics...
Yeah, I like the unnecessary violence. Notice on NWA's least violent song, Express Yourself, Eazy doesn't appear.

Plus he's got a great distinctive voice and is the best dead rapper by far.

yeh true...when you hear his voice ya just get ready to hear some funny/harsh lyrics.

it would be kool if they stayed N.W.A all their lives....i would imagine them rapping to dre's beats today.

Just one to throw in - Terry Riley.

If you have no idea who I'm on about, do research on a piece of music called In C. Without him there would not be the style of rock, dance, techno etc there currently is. Apparently.

Which would make him pretty influential.

you dummies

bob marley
2pac
dj kool herc
grandmaster flash
marly marl
michael jackson
n.w.a (and wigan n kinkon...if it wasnt for ice cube you wouldnt hear any of the class lyrics from eazy e nor the inspiration to dres beats..ice > nwa)
phil collins
jimmi hendrix
beatles
marvin gaye
diana ross

elvis is bullshit...stole black music and went out like white trash

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jun 4 2006, 10:34 AM
you dummies

bob marley
2pac
dj kool herc
grandmaster flash
marly marl
michael jackson
n.w.a (and wigan n kinkon...if it wasnt for ice cube you wouldnt hear any of the class lyrics from eazy e nor the inspiration to dres beats..ice > nwa)
phil collins
jimmi hendrix
beatles
marvin gaye
diana ross

elvis is bullshit...stole black music and went out like white trash
My fault peoples, I haven't got round to teaching Chiro how to count.

Latest posts