• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Most Stylish Tries for Rugby 2012

I like the idea of the swalllow dives that Rokocoko, Sivivatu and Masaga perform. I always thought they were cool.

The type of action used to put the ball down should also represent how important that try is. For example if there was 3 minutes left and a player scored a try to put that team in front, that should be the point where one of these unique celebratory tries by players occurs. If australia is beating Uruguay 100 - 3 it would seem unrealistic that players are doing all these crazy dives? Thats wat id like to c. Shane williams scoring in overtime against new zealand and doing his famous high diving try

Francois Hougaard - Swan dive
Jacque Fourie - Dives and almost "thrusts" the ball with one hand
JdV - Does a little hand thing

I would love for players to dive one-handed to try and score in the corner as they're being bundled out.

That animation is a must IMO.

Other animations include putting it down one-handed, forcing it down over defending players, and of course the swan dive.

I wouldn't trust the animation of gyrating on the ball as you dive as it would probably turn out homo! ;p

Maybe have tackles and rucks looking good before scoring tries :p

Maybe have tackles and rucks looking good before scoring tries :p

Tackles already looked good in Rugby 08. All of the above aspects are core features in the game of Rugby. I agree that Rucks needs to be worked on but if Jonah Lomu rugby could do the try variation in the 90's then HB Studios surely can improve on that!

I would love for players to dive one-handed to try and score in the corner as they're being bundled out.

That animation is a must IMO.

Other animations include putting it down one-handed, forcing it down over defending players, and of course the swan dive.

I wouldn't trust the animation of gyrating on the ball as you dive as it would probably turn out homo! ;p

But only players with an agility rating of over 90 should be able to score these tries, e.g. Cory Jane, Rene Ranger, Nanai Williams, Gear .

But only players with an agility rating of over 90 should be able to score these tries, e.g. Cory Jane, Rene Ranger, Nanai Williams, Gear .

Good point... Player Awareness needs to come into play here, players with a higher Strength/Agility rating should also be harder to bundle into touch near the tryline

haveing 6 tackle animations made the game so repetitive. Just saying, try variations would only look good if they increased the difficulty alot so that players had to work to score trys and were occasionally treated to something they might not see usually.

Latest posts