• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Most Underrated Player

Anthony Boric & Bryn Evans.

I think Boric is arguably NZ's best lock, he's had some really badly timed injuries that have prevented him establishing himself in NZ's run on side. Though Honestly I'd take a fit Boric over Brad Thorn in the AB's starting 22.

Really??

Boric is a decent player but there's nothing overly wonderful about his game IMO. Thorn is an enforcer and a machine, that's why he's there.

By the southern hempisphere: Brian O'Driscoll

Just generally: Danny Care, extremley precise box kicker, good pass and so on. Yet some people still insist on having Ben Youngs first choice for the world cup despite his horrible loss of form :S. It continues to confuse me.

this thread just talks about Northern Hemisphere players... is this thread in the wrong section or does everybody over-rate Southern Hemisphere players???

this thread just talks about Northern Hemisphere players... is this thread in the wrong section or does everybody over-rate Southern Hemisphere players???

Reading pages 5, 6 and 7 from this thread I counted 10 SH players, 8 NH players and one Rugby league player (?!).

I reckon Colin Bourke of Bay of Plenty is the most underrated player in NZ

it is the nature of a scrumhalf to be underrated, so I'll say Eoin Reddan.

Just generally: Danny Care, extremley precise box kicker, good pass and so on. Yet some people still insist on having Ben Youngs first choice for the world cup despite his horrible loss of form :S. It continues to confuse me.

Right little gobshite and doesn't stand out unless his pack are dominant. There are far better passing and linking scrum halves, and to be honest I'd rate his running game behind both Youngs and Joe Simpson.

I predict he'll come back from the World Cup having slipped to 3rd choice 9 for England.

Schalk Brits - Most underrated international player. Had it not been for Puf Daddy's decision to stick with Smit and his lover Chilliboy I am sure Brits would have played more than the 3 internationals for his country, SA!

Bismarck starting and Brits playing as an impact player would have been a formidable combination!

my opinion is same as you said man.Andy Goode would be said most underrated player by me.But any how he has been a player too so live long Andy.

Richie McCaw. Should have won far more player of the year awards.

Right little gobshite and doesn't stand out unless his pack are dominant. There are far better passing and linking scrum halves, and to be honest I'd rate his running game behind both Youngs and Joe Simpson.

I predict he'll come back from the World Cup having slipped to 3rd choice 9 for England.

Uuum, arn't most (if every) scrum halfs gobshites who don't stand out unless his pack is dominant??? Name one who isn't (ok perhaps I'm being harsh on the all scrum halfs being gobshites comment, but there are few if any who perform behind a defeated pack).

I didn't say he was the best scrum half in the world, I know there are better ones. I'm just saying he's probablly the most underrated.

It'd be a tradegy if he did come back third choice behind Youngs; who puts Flood under extreme pressure because he always has to dive for it (you have to admit this is true), and Simpson who in reality is just a bald winger that does all the things Danny Care is critisized for (e.g. Running before passing it), but in a more extreme manner.

I thought everyone rated BOD as one of the best if not the best centre in the world?:blink:

I thought so as well, but I've noticed alot my friends (from new zealand especially) all seem to think he's crap and that he'd never be selected for a southern hemisphere team because he only looks good against northern hemisphere ones. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's only these guys who think this though. Mabye it's something to do with the Lions tour and people saying Umanga took him out because O'Driscoll was better.

I thought so as well, but I've noticed alot my friends (from new zealand especially) all seem to think he's crap and that he'd never be selected for a southern hemisphere team because he only looks good against northern hemisphere ones. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's only these guys who think this though. Mabye it's something to do with the Lions tour and people saying Umanga took him out because O'Driscoll was better.

Oooooh, haven't had one of these in a while. This'll be fun.

can-of-worms-764812.jpg

Latest posts