• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Moulded studs for forwards?

thehogester

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
Are moulded studs ever suitable for forwards, or more specifically scrumming? I've grown pretty tired of my feet being in pieces after pounding round for 80 mins on a hard ground. Im finding that the moulded boots look designed for back play. The only pair i've found which look like that could handle some scrumming are these (bit more than i wanted to pay though) - http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby...FG-Rugby-Boots-Black-or-White-or-Pacific-Blue

Any of you guys use moulded boots and play as a forward? Im a 2nd row by the way.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I think moulded studs work great when playing on a hard ground, and I don't believe that certain books require certain positions

I played back row for a few seasons with moulded studs and had no problem at all - found the extra control pretty helpful when breaking off a scrum or ruck actually. Those boots look pretty sturdy as well so you'd have no trouble.

Do not try and select the stud. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no stud.

There is only hard ground or soft ground.

As long as the ground isn't too churned up, it would be cool. Playing at 8 with them last year seemed fine unless there was a 'River' flowing through the pitch. Use whatever suits you! :)

Latest posts