• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Muliaina to move to Wellington?

A

An Tarbh

Originally posted by Planet Rugby
Muliaina may move to Wellington
Friday July 29 2005
'Yeah, it's definitely an option'

All Blacks and Auckland fullback Mils Muliaina is considering a move to Wellington, according to The Dominion Post. The Wellington-based newspaper reports that the 29-test veteran said Wellington was high on his preferred destinations when his Auckland contract expires at the end of the year.

"Yeah, it's definitely an option I'm looking at because there are a lot of good backs down there," Muliaina told the Dominion Post.

"I'm coming off my contract with Auckland at the end of the year and it would be silly not to look at that option."

Muliaina said he recently visited Wellington to check out facilities and to see how he felt in the environment. He said he liked what he saw.

One of the big attractions of moving south was the chance to play regularly outside All Blacks captain Tana Umaga, he said.

"The way Tana's running at the moment, as an outside back it's awesome to watch. He's almost the dream player to run outside."

I'm a bit confused about one thing, does this mean that he'd be moving from the Blues to the Hurricanes yet still play for Auckland in the NPC or vice-versa?
<

He will play for auckland in this years npc but if he signs for wellingtion he will be available for the hurricanes in the 2006 super 14 competition. The other option is that he could enter the draft and be picked by the blues for super 14 while playing for wellingtion in the npc in 2006.

I hope he does come and play for Wellington we need a good Fullback Paku is ordinary and we need a fullback like mills.

Ah typical Wellington, don't they have any depth!

Mils will go to Waikato.

Yeah, they will confirm whether or not he is moving to Waikato mid this week.

Should be good, makes that Chiefs backline look pretty dam good.

yep mils is proabbly going to waikato will b confirmed later this week

seems like his girlfriend is a factor in his move according ot the nzherald http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=4&ObjectID=10338518

The fraud allegations involving Mils Muliaina's girlfriend Hayley Armstrong and her former employers, the Auckland Rugby Union, appear to be near the heart of the All Black's likely departure to Waikato and the Chiefs.

Armstrong was the ARU's events manager until December. She was under police investigation by the company fraud squad but the ARU board withdrew its complaint in a show of support for Muliaina. Missing money has been repaid.

Thats awesome, Chiefs back 3 would have to be the best in the comp now, Sivivatu, Mils, Anesi (if it happens that is)

Now if only Foster would stop picking Mark Ranby

tagicakibau????

he is the man..very smart footballer chooses his options well id put him at wing wit sivi and anesi at the back
and mills at outside centre the key to unlocking "the freakiest backline since blues 2003"...there you have it hill at 12 and there new 10 they had last year in the super12 with kelleher...<amazing

with hola,lauaki,gibbes and pretty alrite tightfive you have top contenders..i hope mills stays tho but id rather him go back and help out his brothers in southland to even the comp up a lil bit

aye chiro that would be a killer backline for the chiefs. Money talks in the modern era and it would seem waikato are offering the most.

Yeah how about

9. Kelleher
10. Donald
11. Sivivatu
12. Taa'uso (Who else)
13. Muliaina
14. Tagicakibau
15. Anesi

THat is what you call a pacey backline

thats his name taa'usa..very devasting midfielder
old skool power house centre like daniel herbet!!!
cant wait to see more of him in the npc!

*******!

lol good on em....i hope we keep gavin williams in auckland then and we get to see our new imports from the islands!!!
lol

Isnt that great.

The ARU doesnt lay charges against his Girlfriend for defrauding them, and how does he repay us? By Moving to Waikato.

well the lost money apparently was repaid she still lost her job over it no doubt waikato set up with one if she didn't haveo ne already

Latest posts