• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

muller right to call out mccaw?

R

rampantrugger

in all reality i do believe that bok lock johan muller had every right to be upset with the officiating because as everyone knows with a big superstar you get very biased calls as is apparent in the USAs professional sports so the sir in the match could have easily said to himself this is richie mccaw he couldn't possibly made an infraction he's "too good" but with someone else he easily could have said hes not a superstar so there is a good chance he did create the infraction

Maybe if you had access to the game's replay of what he's moaning about you'd then see the real story... Richie MaCaw is a legend in my book's and I'm not a keen fan of any Crusader's players, so I'm not being bias This guy does his job so fast that he actually creates an optical illusion in what he does. (NOW U SEE IT, NOW U DONT)... But moaning about this sort of thing wont help anything

regardless of whether or not you are a fan of the crusaders you are still biased towards mccaw the "superstar" and don't get me wrong i do believe that mccaw is one the best players at his position but regardless of his ability don't you think there still could be just a bit of bias towards hims just because of his superstar status

don't you think there still could be just a bit of bias towards hims just because of his superstar status [/b]

Thats up to you to consider bro, I also rate Shalk Burger in the same catogory as MaCaw, but thats just my personal opinion that may differ to yours...But in order to get my respect from a player, A player must do what no other player in his player position can do. i.e MaCaw and Burger theseare my best player's not only from NZ but all over the rugby world

i reckon mullers statements were purely political in order to create a media storm in a tea cup

yeah, its all hype and they just want to affect mccaws performance come the world cup but I think referees are professional enough nowadays and do their homework. Also, I think the incident where Mccaw got penalised but not carded, wasnt even a penalty against him. I think the aussie shud hav been done for holding on!

Im not a kiwi being biased btw :)

Everyone should just leave Mccaw alone and yes im saying this because im a Kiwi and im biased.

McCaw is simply very proficient at the breakdown and refs sometimes seem to penalise him for being impossibly good and getting ahead of them in the play

I don't see what all the commotion is all about, I watched the game and i didn't see anything wrong with what McCaw was doing.

Muller should not call out Richie McCaw..and yes I am saying this because of his Superstar status.

players respect players when they dont winge

what starts on the field should finish on the field

get him next time Johann

Richie gets away with a lot of crap, nothing wrong with other players/teams trying to draw attention to it.

A world class 7 will never follow all the rules to the T, they will bend the rules to give their forwards an advantage at the breakdowns. Richie McCaw is the best player in the world at the breakdowns and he may play on the wrong side of the law at a lot of breakdowns but he is smart enough and good enough to do it without getting penalised

A world class 7 will never follow all the rules to the T, they will bend the rules to give their forwards an advantage at the breakdowns. Richie McCaw is the best player in the world at the breakdowns and he may play on the wrong side of the law at a lot of breakdowns but he is smart enough and good enough to do it without getting penalised [/b]

Hence the quote "PRACTITIONER OF TRADE" :cheers:

well aint NZ lucky we have RICHIE!!! hes the man even though he takes a few good hits EG : SIONE LAUAKI STRAIGHT TONGAN FIST haha bt good on him.

A world class 7 will never follow all the rules to the T, they will bend the rules to give their forwards an advantage at the breakdowns. Richie McCaw is the best player in the world at the breakdowns and he may play on the wrong side of the law at a lot of breakdowns but he is smart enough and good enough to do it without getting penalised [/b]

I agree, but like I said there is nothing wrong with other players/teams bringing heat onto Mccaw. As an Aussie, if it were Smith people were complaining about I'd say fair enough. A lot of people (particuarly many kiwi's) seem to get overly defensive about it. Captains/teams will talk to the ref about things to look out for, why is Richie off-limits? It might seem strange to some but teams want to contain him. If that means refs paying extra attention to Richie to make sure he plays by the rules :p , what's wrong with that?

I think Richie is very smart, he conducts himself in a manner that doesn't draw attention to himself, allowing him to do the kinds of things that as it has been said a world class 7 should be doing.

richie may bend the rules a little but he certainly doesn't get away with murder as some people seem to think he does.

he's a friggen awesome athlete that does things that no one else can do and that's why ppl are taken aback and think "holy crap! how'd he do that? he must've cheated! there's no way he cud've got that ball"

je dig?

Latest posts