• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Multiplayer is still going!

Originally posted by kaftka@Apr 23 2006, 05:47 AM
Yeah. I love not choosing a set play and just seeing what you can come up with. You can create dummy runners etc.

I wish this game could work on 360 though, I haven't played it in ages.
Although it is usign a set play, it is sort of a variation, but has anyone tried to use a pocket set play, then run across field.

If you then dummy, someone will run a sort of dummy run, and you can sometimes put a player into space.

I always throw it back to the pocket, even if not kicking. Give you good time to find the gap and nail the pass. It can be bad if you get tackled as you may have lost alot of yardage.

I love using the special moves in midfield, if it looks packed use sidestep or shoulder charge and you may get through.

BM

well hopefully there will be an xbox360 version for 2007

This will mean it has to be online

In which i will definately get online hooked up..........and own you all :D

GG stories have got me excited for this game again

may have to crack it out tonight, before more oblivion fest

Originally posted by ak47@Apr 24 2006, 02:36 PM

GG stories have got me excited for this game again

may have to crack it out tonight, before more oblivion fest
Hahaha!

Mate we have been playing it widescreen on a projector......does help when you are a teacher and you have access to hardware B)

I'd say we play it in widescreen mode on the wall at say size........60 inches......

Wish I had an xbox360 so I could play Oblivion!!!!!!

....and yeah....the training guys I play with on multiplayer have really lifted my skills.....when R2007 comes online I will be ready.........

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Apr 25 2006, 06:13 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Apr 24 2006, 02:36 PM

....and yeah....the training guys I play with on multiplayer have really lifted my skills.....when R2007 comes online I will be ready......... [/b]
Rugby online would be awesome, I know there are some Southlanders keen for challenges from new faces, so where's everyone from out there? If there enough people living near to one another we could try organise a few games together?? How's that sound???

60" is still pretty small :)

mine is from wall to celing :D but at the moment i am using a sheet as i am not allowed to put up my 120" screen where i am.

cant wait til i buy my own place

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 26 2006, 05:23 PM
60" is still pretty small :)

mine is from wall to celing :D but at the moment i am using a sheet as i am not allowed to put up my 120" screen where i am.

cant wait til i buy my own place
Haha!

Yeah...we have ours on the wall but there is all other stuff on the walls to so we don't have it any bigger due to space....though the 60 inches suits us fine........

Fantastic the widescreen mode....though I will look around for an S-video cord for our XBox...we are still using just one AV lead for the picture lol!!!!

The guys I train with....one of them is very intense and has got great gaming skills........we have really pushed each other quite a bit since R2006 came out........I have that same feeling now that I used to have with JLR...that confidence to play anybody and do well feeling.....

.....and it is only early days yet......

Do you live in Auckland Woosah????? silly question lol!

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Apr 26 2006, 05:58 PM

Fantastic the widescreen mode....though I will look around for an S-video cord for our XBox...we are still using just one AV lead for the picture lol!!!!
Hi Gay-guy, I've got a spare S-video to AVs cable if you want it, came with my high definition kit for Xbox but neither my amp or TV has a S-video connection so it just sits there doing nothing... unless you're after S-video to S-video of course.

no i am in wellington :'( miss home but i am earning 2 much money here doing stuff all to go back at the moment.

though still not earning enough :D

we should get all the players from each place (Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch etc) and have a torny at each place. and then sort out a finals somewhere in new zealand for the top players in each province

though i would just like to play anyone, would be nice to have some compeition!

Originally posted by dobrien7+Apr 27 2006, 08:48 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@Apr 26 2006, 05:58 PM

Hi Gay-guy, I've got a spare S-video to AVs cable if you want it, came with my high definition kit for Xbox but neither my amp or TV has a S-video connection so it just sits there doing nothing... unless you're after S-video to S-video of course. [/b]
Wow....you mean an XBox to S-Video lead????

Would love it if you do.........do you live in Auckland?

Lol...I just read your post again properly.....

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 27 2006, 12:37 PM
no i am in wellington :'( miss home but i am earning 2 much money here doing stuff all to go back at the moment.

though still not earning enough :D

we should get all the players from each place (Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch etc) and have a torny at each place. and then sort out a finals somewhere in new zealand for the top players in each province

though i would just like to play anyone, would be nice to have some compeition!
Wellingtons cool....now all I have to do is choose a weekend to come down......

I'll show you all I know once I have defeated all of you guys lol!!!!

lol sweet as,

i was the nba live 95 champ back in 95 for new zealand won a trip to aussie anyone want to have a go with me at that? lol

give me some warning and ill clean up the flat a bit (its an old dungy flat oh well)

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Apr 27 2006, 01:37 PM

Doh! Just realised that the S-Video plugs into a connector into the xbox, so you'd need the kit to utilise S-video. It goes to 3 RCA's into TV, projector or amp etc. You'd be able to pick up the kit and also a S-video to S-video kit easily enough if shopped around though... bit of a hollow gesture in the end once I thought about it sorry. Plus I'm in Invercargill, but would have happily mailed it.

Regional tournaments would be great, some competition plus meeting the characters from the forum :)

There's two skilled combatants at least from down south willing to play and travel (but obviously not too far at short notice). If something can be organised we're in!

Originally posted by dobrien7+Apr 27 2006, 03:14 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@Apr 27 2006, 01:37 PM

Doh! Just realised that the S-Video plugs into a connector into the xbox, so you'd need the kit to utilise S-video. It goes to 3 RCA's into TV, projector or amp etc. You'd be able to pick up the kit and also a S-video to S-video kit easily enough if shopped around though... bit of a hollow gesture in the end once I thought about it sorry. Plus I'm in Invercargill, but would have happily mailed it.

Regional tournaments would be great, some competition plus meeting the characters from the forum :)

There's two skilled combatants at least from down south willing to play and travel (but obviously not too far at short notice). If something can be organised we're in! [/b]
Well if anyone in Auckland or visiting Auckland wants to play.....I am more than welcome to take them on hahahaha!

i really should go to auckland i have some cousies in onehunga that i havnt seen for a while. must go se them.

if i do ill let you kno GG :D

Why don't we start a thread seeing where all the Kiwi regulars hail from, and see what goes from there? May only work to get the odd one-on-one game going (odds are you chaps up north will benefit), but if there's a good response, a mini tournament of sorts could be born...

And next time I'm in Auckland I'll definitely let you know through TRF and schedule a game or 3 :)

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 27 2006, 02:01 PM
lol sweet as,

i was the nba live 95 champ back in 95 for new zealand won a trip to aussie anyone want to have a go with me at that? lol

give me some warning and ill clean up the flat a bit (its an old dungy flat oh well)
Yes, yes I would!
NBA live was something else when it came out, but 96 topped it imo.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Apr 27 2006, 03:28 PM-->
Originally posted by dobrien7@Apr 27 2006, 03:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@Apr 27 2006, 01:37 PM

There's two skilled combatants at least from down south willing to play and travel (but obviously not too far at short notice). If something can be organised we're in!
Well if anyone in Auckland or visiting Auckland wants to play.....I am more than welcome to take them on hahahaha! [/b]
You know the only reason you have an arse Gay-Guy is so other people can kick it! :p

Latest posts