• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Multiplayer is still going!

I've yet to play a human opponent, none of my friends are into games so unfortunately I have yet to experienced the magic you guys are talking about. Anyone in London that wants to make a claim for my multiplayer virginity?

Originally posted by Quintes@Apr 28 2006, 12:11 AM
I've yet to play a human opponent, none of my friends are into games so unfortunately I have yet to experienced the magic you guys are talking about. Anyone in London that wants to make a claim for my multiplayer virginity?
Playing a person is a totally different experience....like playing a muddled up computer.....

Sometimes the person plays better than the computer (especially in attack) and sometimes the person plays worse....

The game is a whole lot more open......just think JLR...

If you play against the computer on Elite level it will handicap you when playing a human opponent. There are some things on elite level that you cannot do against the computer.....so when you play a human person you naturally are gun shy to attack the person down those avenues......but a human person does not necessarily defend like the computer......

Quoting Iverson....
You know the only reason you have an arse Gay-Guy is so other people can kick it! [/b]
Hahaha......I am searching around for someone to seriously kick my ass on this game......if I continue to beat everyone then how can I get better???? OTL at the top :bleh!:

Perhaps we should set a date for a long weekend when we came all come together and stay at someones house and discover the 2) NZ North Island TRF champion and B) NZ South Island TRF champion........

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Apr 28 2006, 09:50 AM
Perhaps we should set a date for a long weekend when we came all come together and stay at someones house and discover the 2) NZ North Island TRF champion and B) NZ South Island TRF champion........
Here here, I second that motion! Well let's see, there's Queens Birthday in June, labour Weekend in October... but then for this worthy cause work could wait for a few days and just make a long weekend :p

Iversen and I have a pretty good rivalry going along with a couple of mates, but would love some fresh meat to get stuck into (and no that wasn't a reference to arses of any description). So much so wouldn't mind trying to sort something out, we could take S. Island, you and others organise North???

Oh by the way did you get that info on Xbox and S-video? Felt like I should help after sticking foot in mouth and offering something that ultimately wouldn't have helped...

Sweet, Iversen and I can cover lower/all of South Island, whichever is greater. So far there is 4 of us from Auckland, Wellington, Invercargill (x2)...

Originally posted by Quintes@Apr 28 2006, 12:11 AM
Oh man you are missing out! Playing Elite etc is very robotic, you can memorise moves, tactics and then counter them with ease... humans on the other hand are UNPREDICTABLE in most cases, and defending is a lot harder, usually resulting in higher scoring matches one way or another.

Quintes, I sincerely hope someone helps you out, as it's like going up another level in gameplay, is soooo more enjoyable kicking you're mates arses!
(or fellow TRF members haha)

Originally posted by dobrien7@Apr 28 2006, 11:14 AM
Sweet, Iversen and I can cover lower/all of South Island, whichever is greater. So far there is 4 of us from Auckland, Wellington, Invercargill (x2)...

Invercargill x4. You forgot that Andrew and Amy are capable players. We could hold it down here dobrien7, but it's not likely that many will come to a tourney down here, it probably needs to be more central South Island.

Sorry, was counting TRF members, but yeah, if it cmoes to it we've got a group of 6 or so, but only the top few are worthy of challenging a TRF gangster...

Agree, say Dunedin or Chrictchurch for S. Island venue would be more ideal, but then depends on who is keen I suppose...

Who else out there would be interested? (starting a separate thread here might help?)

Well I'll have to study the art of the multi player when I go on holiday to NZ in November next year then eh? It would've been so much better if they made '06 online. "I want" doesn't always get I spose.

well i played my first opponent on friday night, and i was drunk a bit

i have been playing on my pc on classic (or classic 2) since i got this game and just moved to side view (only when i can be bothred changing it though) and i went to this guys place to play it on the xbox. Now the controls were totally all over the place i didnt have a clue what i was doing, was having trouble seeing where the ball was and who was where.

first game down by 14 very early on. half time 40-14 (to me) 50-50 in posession and territory except for score :D

final score 73-14

seccond game final score 80odd to 7. he scored first :) and kept complaining that he couldnt get the ball. so we stoped playing that game.

me = undefeated :D

though i did watch him play a tri nations match against the ai, and he lost that pretty bad as well. and we were only playing on pro b4 we gave up

good stuff man :) hope your on the forum! :D

Niiice... best score I heard in multiplayer was C A Iversen beating a mate of ours 90 something to 3 I think, doesn't get much worse than that.

We've been on side view (Xbox) since day 1, that must've taken a bit of adjustment from PC?

The old alcohol certainly helps on attack haha

yeah i didnt know any of the buttons they were totally random, i ended up doing alot of box kicks to my winger for tries, looked good but they were by accident, though i didnt tell him that :D

being drunk also doesnt help watching what is going on the tv :D

No it doesn't lol, gets to the point on defence tha you don't know which players got the ball... also makes me do a lot of head highs too for some reason :p

i tried to do alot of head highs, but i had the ball to much and didnt have a chance to figure out what button it was :D

True - not much defending needed when it 80-7 etc...

It's the blue X by the way, hold it down when head on ;)

At our place of playing we inaugurated our first World cup comp last weekend lol!

At the moment I hold the tri-nations ***le with S.A (boys have to qualify to play in that limited team one).....my mate holds the World shield with the London Wasps (we challenge his club with any club team from around the world.......

We called over a new player to join us for our World cup comp.

Super 14 rules......one round robin.....top two teams play.....

To our amazement (and embaressment) the new guy won this cup! (with England). This was a total shock as he was not expected to get anywhere.......

Man....it was such a good comp and the standard of play was so high all the boys really enjoyed it.......a few incredible upsets......but I have to admit we have not had this sort of rivalry starting since JLR days where no matter how much you played there was always so much more to learn.

The new guy (name withheld hehe) took everyone by surprise by doing things a lot of the boys had stopped doing....funny how rugby as Gregan once said is "cyclical"...where the focus on an aspect always changes.

He also learnt a lot from our style and we saw things he did that were different to us.

Because there are a lot of guys within our network this guys victory sent shockwaves around our extended crowd......even the church ministers were talking about it in shock.

Bring on next weekend I say!

....and this will be the last time I underestimate someone and play them arrogantly :rahh:

Awesome, sounds like you guys have a similar network of EA Rugby 06 players as we do. We've got a definite top 4, who's positions alternate with fleeting form bursts, then there's 3 or 4 division 2 guys, some experienced, others learning.

Have had a few comps, mainly S14, odd 10 Nations, Euro Trophy etc to fit everyone in. Like the idea of having qualifying matches to get into a Tri Nations, and the World Shield. Back in the JLR days we had a trophy we played for, noting multiple try scorers etc as a kind of leaderboard.

Not quite there yet with '06 as some finishing of competitions to fill trophy cabinets being done, but once it has multiplayer will again take off for us.

The ultimate is what you just experienced, meeting new faces and playing styles, really spices things up having a new fish in the water!

One day us kiwis will hopefully organise a get together or two, either that or stay sitting on our arses till it's online...

dobrien7 is miles ahead of everyone else in our gaming group. I'll be doing my best to regain the mantle of best player in our local group as soon as he starts showing us how the hell he keeps 70% of the ball.

He's a great exponent of ten man rugby and his tactics in Rugby '06 are so dour that if they were empolyed in the 91 World Cup final, England would have won, largely due to the 15 Australians who would have fallen asleep on the field!

Of course the southern hemisphere viewing public would all have been asleep in the grandstand too. :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Of course thats still better than this other guy I know. He only plays on club and could be beaten by a drunken old man who'd just fallen of his bicycle. :bana:

Latest posts