• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Clermont

Oh well.
Clermont will be devastated... with the refereeing. Fantastic effort with fourteen men. ******** to Munster 'deserving' the win.
Nalaga is class.
O'Gara proved me right again...

Come off it, you know as well as anyone the only reason people harp on about him is because he's literally the only option available for the Ireland lineup.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 13 2008, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Come off it, you know as well as anyone the only reason people harp on about him is because he's literally the only option available for the Ireland lineup.[/b]

yeah and I also know that **** players don't score 1000 points in Heineken Cup rugby so cop on.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 13 2008, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 13 2008, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Come off it, you know as well as anyone the only reason people harp on about him is because he's literally the only option available for the Ireland lineup.[/b]

yeah and I also know that **** players don't score 1000 points in Heineken Cup rugby so cop on.
[/b][/quote]

So by that reckoning Wilkinson is a great international player? All it means is he's been around forever and a day and only ever kicks att goal.

Get off that f***ing high horse.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 13 2008, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 13 2008, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 13 2008, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

So by that reckoning Wilkinson is a great international player? All it means is he's been around forever and a day and only ever kicks att goal.

[/b][/quote]

I'll agree that he's turned to crap and Warwick should be starting but he has been a class player for a long time for Munster and Ireland.

Lads did i see a different POC/Cudmore fight to the rest of ye? Cudmore started it off with an uppercut which connected with Paulie's chin, POC then grabs his arm and shouts at the touch judge. Cudmore then hits him in the face 3 more times, POC wrestles him onto the floor and gives him a few digs in the ribs. Cudmore had to go, Right decision on the cards.

Well done ROG :bravo: far from his best but 1000 Heineken Cup points is some going! Also fair play to David Wallace, epic. Niall Ronan should be first choice openside from now on IMO.

I am really gutted for Clermont to be honest, they have been one of the top sides in Europe over the last few years and definitely deserve to be in the knockout stages. Showed real heart today to be winning after 75 minutes having been a man down for more than 40 of them! Hopefully we will avoid them next year, and they will get through!

In fairness, I can name numerous times where poor decisions punished them, but it's just not worth it.
Munster won when I believe they shouldn't have, but they still won.
Congrats to them, and I hope the Sale encounter will be just as good...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 13 2008, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lads did i see a different POC/Cudmore fight to the rest of ye? Cudmore started it off with an uppercut which connected with Paulie's chin, POC then grabs his arm and shouts at the touch judge. Cudmore then hits him in the face 3 more times, POC wrestles him onto the floor and gives him a few digs in the ribs. Cudmore had to go, Right decision on the cards.

Well done ROG :bravo: far from his best but 1000 Heineken Cup points is some going! Also fair play to David Wallace, epic. Niall Ronan should be first choice openside from now on IMO.

I am really gutted for Clermont to be honest, they have been one of the top sides in Europe over the last few years and definitely deserve to be in the knockout stages. Showed real heart today to be winning after 75 minutes having been a man down for more than 40 of them! Hopefully we will avoid them next year, and they will get through![/b]

Agreed, I was just about to say the same thing about the fight. O'Connell appeals to the ref and then gets hit three more times before he hits back. If he didn't back he would have been hit another three times and everyone would call him an idiot fot not fighting back.

And whoever it was that said that Munster have had enough decisions go against them in the past and sometimes they go for you. Iy happens to every team and it ****** me off when people have hissy fits when it happens for Munster just because they've had a few good seasons and people want them to lose.

I do feel sorry for Clermont though, great second half performance but don't forget that first half did go Munster's way and Defense deserves its reward too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 13 2008, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 13 2008, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Wilkinson was a great international player in 2002 but his time has passed, O'Gara has been consistently great for Munster and yes his time also seems to have passed. Does that mean either are the best of all time, of course not but you seem to be incapable of making that distinction when it comes to evaluating players.

The bitterness on this thread is heart warming for a Munster fan :lol: Where would you lot be if you didn't have Munster to entertain you?

Clermont have awesome power and would have destroyed any other HEC team today.

And Stringer is not a child - according to Gwlad he is the "aborted foetus".

Glad to see the lack of judgment from Speedy and Teh Mite still going strong! Good luck with that as you crash out at the pool stages. Oh wait - one of you doesn't have a team at the races, and the other doesn't know who he supports.

Just watched the replay and oh how I missed that sort of fist action in rugby ^_^ .Reminds me about the good'ol days where rugby players were still rugby players and could get in a punch or two in a game and could tell the other guy his a piece of **** or a c*nt with out being sent-off.

Now-a-days they must tell the other player how nice his hair looks... ,be sure not to tackle him too hard otherwise he will sue you for messing up his gelled hair,ask him what colour his thong is... <_< .gheez what happend to REAL RUGBY :unsure: .

I'm not saying the players must murder each other on the field,but damn a good fight now and again is oh so good :SHABLON_padonak_03:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 13 2008, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just watched the replay and oh how I missed that sort of fist action in rugby ^_^ .Reminds me about the good'ol days where rugby players were still rugby players and could get in a punch or two in a game and could tell the other guy his a piece of **** or a c*nt with out being sent-off.

Now-a-days they must tell the other player how nice his hair looks... ,be sure not to tackle him too hard otherwise he will sue you for messing up his gelled hair,ask him what colour his thong is... <_< .gheez what happend to REAL RUGBY :unsure: .

I'm not saying the players must murder each other on the field,but damn a good fight now and again is oh so good :SHABLON_padonak_03:[/b]

It was a good fight, and the second he decided to fight back O'Connell put the Fear o' God in Cudmore.

So who'd win in a fight: Superman or Paul O'Connell?

Latest posts