• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Dragons

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Munster.png
Dragons.png
</div>

Munster bring back 4 more of their Lions with Earls, O'Callaghan, O'Connell and O'Gara all included. David Wallace is expected back next week along with Jerry Flannery and Peter Stringer. Doug Howlett is rested.

The Dragons injury problems are getting worse with them considering bringing Willis, Charteris and MacDonald to Cork even though they were all expected to be out until at least next month.

Munster Squad (v Dragons): M Horan, J Brugnaut, T Buckley, J Hayes, D Fogarty, D Varley, M O'Driscoll, P O'Connell, D O'Callaghan, D Ryan, A Quinlan, T O'Donnell, D Leamy, N Williams, J Coughlan, T O'Leary, T Morland, R O'Gara, J Manning, L Mafi, J de Villiers, B Murphy, D Hurley, K Earls, F Jones

Dragons: TBC

1. Horan
2. Varley
3. Buckley
4. Ryan
5. O'Callaghan ©
6. Quinlan
7. Ronan
8. Leamy

9. Morland
10. Manning
11. Hurley
12. Mafi
13. Earls
14. Howlett
15 Jones

16. Fogarty
17. Brugnaut
18. O'Connell
19. O'Donnell
20.O'Leary
21. O'Gara
22. de Villiers

Is what I'd pick, not a bad bench at all like :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Sep 23 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
1. Horan
2. Varley
3. Buckley
4. Ryan
5. O'Callaghan ©
6. Quinlan
7. Ronan
8. Leamy

9. Morland
10. Manning
11. Hurley
12. Mafi
13. Earls
14. Howlett
15 Jones

16. Fogarty
17. Brugnaut
18. O'Connell
19. O'Donnell
20.O'Leary
21. O'Gara
22. de Villiers

Is what I'd pick, not a bad bench at all like :D[/b]

:bravo: I like that but it goin to be very interesting to see who will make up the eventual back-line can see it been Earls at 15 with JDV and Mafi in centre but great headache to have :p

Looking forward to seen how pack go too but great to see in absense of Jerry we have not 1 but 2 hookers that are playing well and presents options oh i can't wait.

Hope JDV come on and score an intercept try what a way to mark his arrival :D

Munster:
15. Keith Earls;
14. Felix Jones,
13. Barry Murphy,
12. Lifeimi Mafi,
11. Denis Hurley;
10. Ronan O'Gara,
9. Tomas O'Leary;
1. Marcus Horan,
2. Denis Fogarty,
3. Tony Buckley;
4. Mick O'Driscoll,
5. Donncha O'Callaghan;
6. Alan Quinlan,
7. Tommy O'Donnell,
8. Nick Williams.

Replacements: Damian Varley, Julien Brugnaut, Donnacha Ryan, James Coughlan, Toby Morland, Jeremy Manning, Jean de Villiers.

Earls at fullback and Jones on the wing with Howlett being rested. Should be a dangerous back so I hope they get lots of ball. Hopefully Murphy cuts out his defensive mistakes. O'Leary and O'Gara getting some downtime before their big 2 coming up (Leinster and the Saints).

Hopwfully the front row will be alright a scrumtime since it's been a bit rubbish the last couple of weeks. Nice to see DOC back, and I;m not worrried about the backrow so long as Williams doesn't have a lazy game. Good to see Tommy O'Donnell getting more gametime. He's impressed so far. Though I see him as a 6 rather than a 7. De Villiers will probably come off the bench after 60 for Mafi, so looking forward to that. Or considering the versatility of the backlline he could come on nearly anyone from 11-15 and they'd just have to shift about.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 25 2009, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Munster:
15. Keith Earls;
14. Felix Jones,
13. Barry Murphy,
12. Lifeimi Mafi,
11. Denis Hurley;
10. Ronan O'Gara,
9. Tomas O'Leary;
1. Marcus Horan,
2. Denis Fogarty,
3. Tony Buckley;
4. Mick O'Driscoll,
5. Donncha O'Callaghan;
6. Alan Quinlan,
7. Tommy O'Donnell,
8. Nick Williams.

Replacements: Damian Varley, Julien Brugnaut, Donnacha Ryan, James Coughlan, Toby Morland, Jeremy Manning, Jean de Villiers.

Earls at fullback and Jones on the wing with Howlett being rested. Should be a dangerous back so I hope they get lots of ball. Hopefully Murphy cuts out his defensive mistakes. O'Leary and O'Gara getting some downtime before their big 2 coming up (Leinster and the Saints).

Hopwfully the front row will be alright a scrumtime since it's been a bit rubbish the last couple of weeks. Nice to see DOC back, and I;m not worrried about the backrow so long as Williams doesn't have a lazy game. Good to see Tommy O'Donnell getting more gametime. He's impressed so far. Though I see him as a 6 rather than a 7. De Villiers will probably come off the bench after 60 for Mafi, so looking forward to that. Or considering the versatility of the backlline he could come on nearly anyone from 11-15 and they'd just have to shift about.[/b]

Nice looking team but as i always suspected i think Earls will hold 15 jersey for season with JDV and Mafi in centre but think that Nick Williams still hasn't shown us what he can do as i've seen some clips from his time in NZ and must say he'd be fighting for starting place in H'Cup games if he was producing like those clips.

Think the pack look nice too but don't think T. O'Donnell is a openside flanker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Dragons team to face Munster:
Martyn Thomas, Aled Brew, Tom Riley, Ashley Smith (Capt), Richard Fussell, James Arlidge, Wayne Evans, Hugh Gustafson, Steve Jones, Nigel Hall, Adam Jones, Rob Sidoli, Dan Lydiate, James Harris, Joe Bearman

Replacements: Duane Goodfield, Ali McKenzie, Gethin Robinson, Grant Webb, Hoani MacDonald, Shaun Connor, Danny Lee[/b]

Shame that we don't get to see ML games here in SA so I won't be able to see how JDV does in his 1st game for Munster.Will just have to keep a close on the ML website for score updates...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Sep 26 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Dragons team to face Munster:
Martyn Thomas, Aled Brew, Tom Riley, Ashley Smith (Capt), Richard Fussell, James Arlidge, Wayne Evans, Hugh Gustafson, Steve Jones, Nigel Hall, Adam Jones, Rob Sidoli, Dan Lydiate, James Harris, Joe Bearman

Replacements: Duane Goodfield, Ali McKenzie, Gethin Robinson, Grant Webb, Hoani MacDonald, Shaun Connor, Danny Lee[/b]

Shame that we don't get to see ML games here in SA so I won't be able to see how JDV does in his 1st game for Munster.Will just have to keep a close on the ML website for score updates...
[/b][/quote]

Can watch the games online if that any help but looking forward to JDV getting run out but hope we get good performance overall and gel the squad that bit more ahead of next week

Go here and click on 'Gwylio S4C yn fyw' (watch S4C live), wait till Sunday though. Welsh commentary mind. The quality isn't the best though, good enough resolution, just poor bitrate makes for a slightly choppy viewing experience when the camera get's close. It's what I currently use to watch these games, as Virgin don't offer S4C to customers living in England.

Leamy dropped is surprising, but he has only been average. Hope ROG plays well too, Warwick will hopefully put a lot of pressure on him when he gets back.

Back 3 of Earls, Jones and Hurley = PACE

Should be a reasonably comfortable win, although the Dragons have looked pretty good so far this year. JdV on at 50 minutes hopefully :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Sep 26 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Leamy dropped is surprising, but he has only been average.[/b]

IRFU told them to keep international players to 6 of the 9 matches before the AIs so that's probably the reasoning behind him being rested.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 26 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Sep 26 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leamy dropped is surprising, but he has only been average.[/b]

IRFU told them to keep international players to 6 of the 9 matches before the AIs so that's probably the reasoning behind him being rested.
[/b][/quote]

As monkey said they are limited and also with next 3weeks been big games and Leamy having played alot of minutes so far they rested him woth the influence of IRFU
But i thought while not been spectacular Leamy has been playing good

Such is the quality of Irish infrastructure, you would want to leave Cork around lunchtime to make it the 65 miles on time for a 7:05 kickoff in Limerick.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Sep 26 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Such is the quality of Irish infrastructure, you would want to leave Cork around lunchtime to make it the 65 miles on time for a 7:05 kickoff in Limerick.[/b]

:D :D Or charter flight to Cork we'll arrange bus into us here in Limerick :D

So the Dragons have dropped Tovey and Munster have brought back their Lions?

Can I change my prediticon...?

if you want but they're still missing O'Connell, Wallace, Flannery. Howlett is rested and De Villiers is only on the bench. Just pm me if you want to change it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Sep 27 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So the Dragons have dropped Tovey and Munster have brought back their Lions?

Can I change my prediticon...?[/b]

Think Munster will be gunning for bonus point tonight :D

Earls has been ruled out so De Villiers is in from the start and Murphy on the wing. Good start from the ref letting a high tackle on Jones go.

Earls out sick. De Villiers starts and wins a penalty after a couple of minutes.

Quinlan loses his team 50 yards by trying to kick the ball when Munster were attacking.

Hurley and Jones going well.

EDIT - O'Gara in good defending shocker!!!!!!!

EDIT 2 - lineout going badly for the home team. Fogarty looks good in the loose though

Latest posts