• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Dragons

Thuo0ght it was a pretty impressive win. Munster made all the play, kept the Dragons pinned back and while a few odd calls were made, they seemed pretty even to me.

"Fatty" Williams looked fantastic to me. Am hoping he wont be playing next week. Mick O'Driscoll also put in an excelent performance along with the #7. Who was that chap again?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 27 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thuo0ght it was a pretty impressive win. Munster made all the play, kept the Dragons pinned back and while a few odd calls were made, they seemed pretty even to me.

"Fatty" Williams looked fantastic to me. Am hoping he wont be playing next week. Mick O'Driscoll also put in an excelent performance along with the #7. Who was that chap again?[/b]

That was Tommy O'Donnell. He won Acedemy Player of the year last year and just as I was getting worried about the backrow maybe getting too old we have himself, Ronan and Nick Williams playing great in the last couple of weeks.

Mick's had the best start to a season I've ever seen. He's great...can't believe I just said that.

Couldn't watch the game as there was something wrong with my internet...
How did you people that watched the game rate JDV's performance?Did he give away penalties, any knock-ons at crutial times, bad passes?
Do you think he will start the next game?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Sep 27 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How did you people that watched the game rate JDV's performance?Did he give away penalties, any knock-ons at crutial times, bad passes?
Do you think he will start the next game?[/b]

He played very well, he ended up starting after Earls pulled out with some sort of illness.
He made a couple of nice half-breaks and a couple of good tackes earned us 2 turnovers.
Didn't give away any penalties but came out of the line too early twice but that's to be expected seeing as he's only been with our defensive system a week and the mistakes didn't lead to anything. Only dropped one pass and it came at him at about 1000miles an hour so that was no biggy either.

I'd give him an 8/10 and hopefully he'll start again next week.

I'd like to see:
09. O'Leary
10. O'Gara
11. Hurley
12. JDV
13. Mafi
14. Howlett
15. Earls

Or maybe Earls at 13 and Jones fullback. Either way it looks dangerous.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 28 2009, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Sep 27 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He played very well, he ended up starting after Earls pulled out with some sort of illness.
He made a couple of nice half-breaks and a couple of good tackes earned us 2 turnovers.
Didn't give away any penalties but came out of the line too early twice but that's to be expected seeing as he's only been with our defensive system a week and the mistakes didn't lead to anything. Only dropped one pass and it came at him at about 1000miles an hour so that was no biggy either.

I'd like to see:
09. O'Leary
10. O'Gara
11. Hurley
12. JDV
13. Mafi
14. Howlett
15. Earls

[/b][/quote]

Probably went for the interception?lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Sep 27 2009, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 28 2009, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Sep 27 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd like to see:
09. O'Leary
10. O'Gara
11. Hurley
12. JDV
13. Mafi
14. Howlett
15. Earls

[/b][/quote]

Probably went for the interception?lol
[/b][/quote]

Why, is it something he's good at :p

JdV looked hungry for work, (although it also looked like O'Gara was under orders not to give him too much of it). Some nice touches, got over the ball and won a penalty on the deck inside the first 2 minutes, and an encouraging performance all round, all though we will be expecting more for our € in the next two weeks especially, Leinster and Northampton away.

It was a solid debut but thats about it.

All that could be expected from a debut, but nothing more then that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Sep 28 2009, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It was a solid debut but thats about it.

All that could be expected from a debut, but nothing more then that.[/b]
Think we wont see best of JDV until maybe November as he has to adjust to Northern Hemisphere game and learn defensive systems etc.

But what a game we have this Sat in RDS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 27 2009, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 27 2009, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Fogarty was very good tonight also with 1 smashing run down the line. Think he blossoming into a smashing player and can be up there challenging Sean Cronin for #2 jersey in Irish set-up in future[/b]

What about the lineout throwing. Was a bit all over the place in the first half.
[/b][/quote]
The Dragons forwards where also phoenominal in the first half, but began to go to pieces about ten minutes into the second. I'd say they tended to steal more ball than Munster lost.

Unfortunatly, they only had 50 minutes in them, and 50 minutes isn't good enough.

I felt JdV was good, but not much more than that. He seemd to be all voer the place, though, which is annoying as a supporter of another team.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Sep 28 2009, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 27 2009, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 27 2009, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Fogarty was very good tonight also with 1 smashing run down the line. Think he blossoming into a smashing player and can be up there challenging Sean Cronin for #2 jersey in Irish set-up in future[/b]

What about the lineout throwing. Was a bit all over the place in the first half.
[/b][/quote]
The Dragons forwards where also phoenominal in the first half, but began to go to pieces about ten minutes into the second. I'd say they tended to steal more ball than Munster lost.

Unfortunatly, they only had 50 minutes in them, and 50 minutes isn't good enough.

I felt JdV was good, but not much more than that. He seemd to be all voer the place, though, which is annoying as a supporter of another team.
[/b][/quote]
JDV was very good for first day out but will be superb when he learns all the calls only worry i have is JDV is kinown to be injury prone

Latest posts